vCash

No Doubt's New Album - Push and Shove

No Doubt's sixth studio release Album is called Push and Shove and I have to say I love it. The album was released on Tuesday, 9/25

I think this album is a "creepier", liking the album creeps up on you the more you listen to it. I had the same feeling when I first listened to Return of Saturn. But it feels more together and joined than Return of Saturn did, ie. artificial sweeteners didn't seem to belong on the same album as Ex-Girlfriend and New(which maybe my favorite No Doubt song ever)

The album has a "new wave and ska" feel to it. I love "new wave" music.

The first single was released a few weeks ago called Settle Down. I thought it sounded very No Doubt, ska influenced. At first I thought of only a few songs that called out to me "Looking Hot", "One More Summer, "Dreaming the Same Dream" and Push and Shove are the stars of the album for me.

Gwen and the band sound fantastic, but Gwen's voice gets stronger as she ages. I love to see the over 40 women kicking butt in the limelight right now -Gwen Stefani, Kylie Minogue(recent releases of Timebomb and Flower), Madonna(Girl Gone Wild), Jlo(Follow the Leader with Wisin Y Yandel).

Anyway, I would suggest those who are fans of the group listen to the album. I think you'll like it.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I just saw them on the American Music Awards. The band sounded good, but Gwen's vocals were lacking (sounded like it was too low a key for her voice...don't they write their own stuff??) According to wikipedia, the first single Settle Down made it to #34 on the pop charts. Not great, but at least they cracked the top 40! The album hit #3 and has sold over 100,000 copies. Not sure why things aren't going better. Are they "old folk" now? Maybe eleven years between albums was not a good career move?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.