Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

Anyway, in that recipe, it's more the cooking spray I have an issue with, so for now I'm going to pursue the deep fry method. (Which I'm sure someone will insist is less healthy, but there you go.)
    You could put your own oil in a spray bottle, and do it that way.

vCash
    My favorites are:

Kettle brand Spicy Thai
    Snyder of Berlin Hawaiian Sweet Onion
    Kettle brand Buffalo Bleu
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    1. Maui Kettle Style Potato Chips - Sweet Maui Onion

http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=754

By far the best chips I've ever eaten! Or was I just dreaming on that beach in Hawaii ...

2. Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips - Original or Mediterranean

These are low salt and much better for you than traditional potato chips.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Anyway, in that recipe, it's more the cooking spray I have an issue with, so for now I'm going to pursue the deep fry method. (Which I'm sure someone will insist is less healthy, but there you go.)
    I forgot to mention- don't put too many chips in the fat at once, and stir them so they don't stick together. We do 15-20 slices maximum at a time.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    All this talk of chips made me try a new one yesterday when I was shopping: Old Dutch "Dutch Crunch" kettle chips. Quite different from other kettle chips -- same hard crunch, but not nearly as greasy. Parmesan and garlic flavour very good, not too strong and no killer garlic breath after-taste.

vCash
    I have nothing against microwaves It's the microwaveable "food" I have a problem with We moved a few months back so ended up with the unit that came with the house - when it's done, it shows a message "ENJOY YOUR MEAL"

I don't use any oil (spray or otherwise) when I make microwave chips. Just salt or some other kind of seasoning and zap
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Reading this thread sure stirs up some fond memories.

Does anyone remember back in the 70's/80's a certain potato snack made by, I think Nabisco. It was definitely not in the form of chips. Came in a pink bag; oval shaped, approximately half an inch in length? Salty as hell, but sooo good. They don't make them any more and I sure miss it.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post

Does anyone remember back in the 70's/80's a certain potato snack made by, I think Nabisco. It was definitely not in the form of chips. Came in a pink bag; oval shaped, approximately half an inch in length? Salty as hell, but sooo good. They don't make them any more and I sure miss it.
    Chipsters?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    OMG that's it! Chipsters. They were so good. It's a shame that they are gone.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I have no idea how I knew that. Funny the things that stick in your mind.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It is just after 8 in the morning on Sunday right now, I am slightly hungover, and eating chips.

vCash
    I love Tostitos hint of lime .

vCash
    My fav has always been Lays Plain. However, I had to cut back on the amount I was eating -- weight gain was happening and I noticed an increase of abdominal gas occuring so I cut back to a small bowl about once a week or longer.
    And then last night happened.
    I ate a bunch while reading in bed.
    About 2.5 hours later I am feeling even more nauseous than usual, my upper abdomen is very uncomfortable and my bowels are screaming at me. That was at 1:50 am. By the time I visited the bathroom to relieve the pressure in the bowels (5 trips in all), took Alka Seltzer for the upper discomfort, added an extra blanket cause I was getting chills and found a position my back was comfortable with, it was after 3:30 before I finally got back to sleep.
    Moral of this story ... no more chips at night time; may possible have to remove from diet completely This really sucks cause when I feel sick I usually want Canada Dry Ginger Ale to drink and I nibble on the Lays for the salt. Perhaps once I have my gastroscopy I'll know better whether one of my fav snacks will become a "banned substance" for this old lady!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I'm from Detroit, where 'Better Made' potato chips are made. The factory was right around the block from where we lived, and it was so cool as kids standing at the window watching chips being made.

But Better Made never had anything on Lays when it came to taste. My favorites are plain and sour cream and onion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    This really sucks cause when I feel sick I usually want Canada Dry Ginger Ale to drink and I nibble on the Lays for the salt. Perhaps once I have my gastroscopy I'll know better whether one of my fav snacks will become a "banned substance" for this old lady!
    I hear ya. I LOVE popcorn. Can't eat it, though, diverticulosis.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I love ruffles all dressed.

This thread reminded me that th brand I grew up on, Hostess, is pit of business, at least here.

There used to be two types of ruffles chips - with thin or fatter ridges. Maybe one was actually called ridges? Do they still come in both types?

I also like the Miss Vicky's sea salt and vinegar, but they hurt your teeth after a while.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I just had a flashback to when I lived in Scotland for a while as a kid. They used to have a kind of crisps that came plain, but with a little blue packet of salt in the bag. You then added the salt yourself, as little or as much as you wanted. Don't know why that was such a good idea, but I remember it being very popular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say this. I love all dressed chips and Doritos spicy nacho chips.

Chips are my downfall - once I start eating them I can't stop until I finish the bag. Cake, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post

This thread reminded me that th brand I grew up on, Hostess, is pit of business, at least here.

There used to be two types of ruffles chips - with thin or fatter ridges. Maybe one was actually called ridges? Do they still come in both types?

I also like the Miss Vicky's sea salt and vinegar, but they hurt your teeth after a while.
    Yes, Ruffles used to have different ridges. It's only been maybe the past 5-6 years (maybe a bit more?) that the ridges have been what they are now.

ETA: And I can't find them in the states, but Balsen Paprika Chips (which I used to buy when I lived in Germany) are YUMMY. Better than American barbecue-flavored chips.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlyon60 View Post
    ETA: And I can't find them in the states, but Balsen Paprika Chips (which I used to buy when I lived in Germany) are YUMMY. Better than American barbecue-flavored chips.
    Oh happy memories! When I was 10 I went to Germany for a couple of months, and being a very picky eater back then, I basically lives on spaghetti, nutella and paprika chips

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast