Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    I love Kettle Cooked Jalapeno chips the best. And Salt and Vinegar.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    I loved the Ruffles Buffalo Wing flavored chips so much that I even wrote to the company when I couldn't find them. Alas, they are no longer making them.

So, back to Lays Salt & Vinegar. Although, Tim's Cascade Jalepeno chips are pretty good too!

Also, I will try any flavour of crisp that I see (notice what I did there?) - ketchup, prawn cocktail, pickled onion, worchestershire sauce, etc.

vCash
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Also, I will try any flavour of crisp that I see (notice what I did there?) - ketchup, prawn cocktail, pickled onion, worchestershire sauce, etc.
    Oooh, Walker's Worchestershire Sauce flavour. V.v.g., and my fallback in the UK when I can't get my paws on any M&S ones.

vCash
    Being Canadian, I love my Old Dutch Baked Ketchup and Classic Dill-Pickle, can't go wrong with regular or all dressed as well.

Pringles Regular too. I love a good potato chip
    Kyle

vCash
    I loved the Ruffles Buffalo Wing flavored chips so much that I even wrote to the company when I couldn't find them. Alas, they are no longer making them.

So, back to Lays Salt & Vinegar. Although, Tim's Cascade Jalepeno chips are pretty good too!

I should have put crisp in the heading too! Wow--I've never tried ketchup, prawn, pickled onion and worchestershire sauce in a crisp but now I'm curious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I was just eating some Ruffles loaded baked potato chips earlier. I think they are the chive and bacon ones. Delicious.

My favorite are just plain Lay's potato chips, though. Eating those with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is still one of my favorite meals. I am a sucker for salty sweet combinations.
    Do you like chocolate-covered potato chips? I found them weird at first, but couldn't stop eating them after a couple of chips...

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    We used to be a big Lay's family...but we changed over to Utz because of price and I love them!! They seem lighter and not as salty/greasy as Lay's chips are.
    With the exception of sour cream and onion, we usually buy our local Better Made brand. They're fresher and less greasy. Well, except for this past year. I won a free bag of Lays potato chips every week for a year from out local grocery store. After about seven months, I stopped cashing them in. I never thought I'd get tired of potato chips, but I did!

vCash

You might try the Kettle Buffalo wing. They are ridged, so they are similar to Ruffles.

My favorites were the Doritos Fiery Habanero chips. They were so good, but Frito-Lay stopped making them last year.

I also adore prawn cocktail crisps, though it terifies me when I see the MSG count on them. There is a Sri Lankan market near me that used to carry them all the time, but they rarely have prawn cocktail any more. I'm always disappointed.

vCash
    I'm a big fan of Krunchers regular potato chips. Flavors can be fun but at the end of the day nothing is better than just potato and salt.

vCash
    The Hanover Pennsylvania area is the potato chip capital of the world. Of all the brands made there, my favorite is Utz.
    (Snyders of Hanover Pretzels are made in Hanover as well)
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 09-28-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    My all-time favorite potato chips were Charles' Chips -- they came in huge round tins and IIRC, you could have them delivered by the company on a regular basis (like dairies would deliver milk). I haven't seen them in years, though, so I'm wondering if they even exist anymore.

Lately, I've been loving Sweet Potato Chips (can't remember the company who makes the ones I like, but they're pricey enough that I only have them occasionally. They're awesome if you pop a bunch in the oven on a cookie sheet and melt bleu cheese on top of them .

Dill Pickle-flavored Potato Chips are also awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DAngel View Post
    Do you like chocolate-covered potato chips? I found them weird at first, but couldn't stop eating them after a couple of chips...
    Chocolate-covered potato chips are the perfect blend of sweet and salty . Our family usually has a big batch of them every year at our Hannukah/Christmas family get-together.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Cape cod regular. Simple and perfect.

vCash
    Like Jenny, chips are my favourite, more so than sweets.

I love plain, Old Dutch ripple chips. I'm a simple chip gal. Although, I have developed a taste for Miss Vicki's sweet chili chips, and Lay's cheddar and sour cream.
    I don't eat chips very often... Mr. Habs and I both have a huge weakness for them, so we find it's better to not have them in the house.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat c View Post
    I tried these the last time we were in NB:

http://coveredbridgechips.com/
    they were very good.

Dill pickle.......and just plain ripple with home made dip with dill or chives etc.
    Covered Bridge even makes a lobster-flavoured chip - they are a special Maritime treat for me
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Miss Vicky's regular. Yum.
    Yes, my favourite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    We used to be a big Lay's family...but we changed over to Utz because of price and I love them!! They seem lighter and not as salty/greasy as Lay's chips are.
    Utz everything! Regular chips, ripple chips, kettle chips, pretzels! Way better than other US brands. Was ranked #1 chips, by Consumer Reports.

Cyn, I remember Charles Chips. We always got them from my Dad's clients at holiday time. That and the big can of different flavored popcorn. And a bottle of some liquor, of some sort. Sometimes we would get the Italian "boot" filled with cherries, soaking in grain alcohol. My brother and I decided to (sneak) try a cherry once (we were about 5 & 8) almost fell over, they were so strong! Love sweet potato ships! A bunch of companies are jumping on that band wagon recently.

We have a grocery store near us that was making homemade chips for a while. They were beyond belief YUM! I don't know why they stopped making them.
    Last edited by cruisin; 09-28-2012 at 03:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    You might try the Kettle Buffalo wing. They are ridged, so they are similar to Ruffles.
    I've tried every variety I could find, but none of them stacked up

You mentioned the Doritos, I liked those too, and I wondered about that.

If I could only ever have one chip-like thing for the rest of my life, it would be Nacho Cheese Doritos. Yum!

vCash
    Lays Salt & Vinegar.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I'm a potato chip tester.

Really. (Well, actually, I'm the assistant) We test 1000's of individual varieties for chip quality, to find new and better choices for the farmer and processor.

The best chips are still hot from the fryer. I never get tired of them.

We eliminate clones that are not nice and white, but personally, I like the ones that have more colour. The colour is caused my the sugars in the potato caramelizing, and it's yummy.

I like my chips fried, not baked. I like Lays better than Old Dutch, and I prefer plain with lots of cream cheese dip. I don't like kettle cooked chips. They hurt my mouth too.

I also test them for French Fry quality, and boil and bake quality.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast