Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Criminal Minds Season 8 ~ New Unsubs and a New Profiler

I know those of you guys in the States don't see it until tomorrow night, but we got the Season Premiere up here in Canada tonight. I haven't seen the entire episode as of yet thanks to a me having a very low dip in my Blood Sugar and needing to make a PBJ sandwich during the last twenty minutes, but what I have seen I was happy w/. I'm about to fix that w/watching it on CTV Edmonton right now.

I won't give anything away, but I will say this. Unlike the mess of two years ago when AJ Cook and Paget Brewster were let go w/no warning and then a quick and awful new addition to the team which was due to fail anyway. That was due to the fact the writers being hijacked by CBS for the mistake that was CM : Suspect Behaviour. The mistake IMO was the way CBS handled the entire thing BTW and not the actual concept or the cast of CM :SB. Anyway...

This time around, so far that is, the addition of Jeanne Tripplehorn is more in line w/when Paget's Emily and Joe Mantenga's David Rossi joined the team. It's so far a much smoother transition IMO. I also like what I've seen so far too.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks tomorrow night. Oh and I didn't get a chance to say it last season, but it was so lovely to not have to deal w/a cliffhanger Season Finale *and* also a happy ending too.

vCash
    I liked CM: Suspect behavior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Me too.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I liked it better than the original and am still pissed that they ended on a freaking cliffhanger!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the premiere of Criminal Minds tonight.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Forest Whitaker really had it

Ugh, I was so upset with Peget being let go the first time, and now she's gone with her own will! She was my favorite character in CM. I'm really looking forward to seeing what/who writers/producers brought into Emily's seat.

But, I do love Jeanne Tripplehorn, so, really mixed feeling, here!

vCash
    I watched it too on tuesday night and the addition of Tripplehorn was ok. She didn't detract from the usual crew. So far so good.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Law and Order - SVU starts tonight, too and it's a 2 hour premiere that starts at the same time as CM. Usually I watch CM and then SVU. What do, what to do?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Happy to live in Canada where I could watch CM last night and L&O:SVU tonight
    Can't skate but love to watch

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Law and Order - SVU starts tonight, too and it's a 2 hour premiere that starts at the same time as CM. Usually I watch CM and then SVU. What do, what to do?
    You don't have a DVR?

I rarely watch anything live any more... I watch it when it appears on my DVR and fast-forward past the commercials.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Happy to live in Canada where I could watch CM last night and L&O:SVU tonight
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    The season premiere of SVU is being shown again Sat night.

Carol

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    You don't have a DVR?

I rarely watch anything live any more... I watch it when it appears on my DVR and fast-forward past the commercials.
    Nope. Don't need any more gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by CDANN1013 View Post
    The season premiere of SVU is being shown again Sat night.
    Thank you, thank you!
    3539 and counting.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Nope. Don't need any more gadgets.
    It's part of my cable box. So it's not another gadget but a feature of a gadget you have to have to have cable.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Maybe I should have said I don't need another cable service. Around $200 a month is as much as I'm willing to pay.
    3539 and counting.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Those who watch CM and watch L&O:SVU opener will see a familiar face. I thought she was living happily in England
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Those who watch CM and watch L&O:SVU opener will see a familiar face. I thought she was living happily in England
    Well it would seem she's morphed into another American citizen crime fighter. Colour me pleasantly surprised to see her.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Maybe I should have said I don't need another cable service. Around $200 a month is as much as I'm willing to pay.
    $200 is pretty expensive. Are you getting all the premium channels? You might want to shop around a bit.

Another note - Criminal Minds is usually available on the web after 24 hours.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    $200 is pretty expensive. Are you getting all the premium channels? You might want to shop around a bit.

Another note - Criminal Minds is usually available on the web after 24 hours.
    No premium channels at all. We do get sports packages like MLB Extra Innings, though. No shopping around, BrightHouse is our only choice for cable. Satellite TV is something I've had in the past and don't want again, at least not right now. The $200 does include our internet and one of our phone lines.

Watched CM since I can watch SVU on Saturday. (Thanks CDANN) Not their best but it was okay. I don't watch TV on my computer.
    3539 and counting.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I liked CM : SB too and I also hated they ended it on a Cliffhanger. However, as I said, I don't blame that on the cast, the crew or anyone that worked on the show. My beef is w/how CBS handled the entire thing, which was badly and messily, which in turn doomed the show kind of from the beginning sadly.

Anyway...As I said last night, I really liked the start to things. Gave us a good look at the newest member of the Team and also has given us a tease to obviously something big coming up this Season. So long as it's not drawn out, then that's great by me. I also like Jeanne Tripplehorn and looking forward to watching her develop Alex Blake.

It's a good start to Season Eight IMO.

BTW...I loved how we saw Garcia and Blake immediately huddled into Tea Chatter at the end. I adore my tea and have an entire shelf in one of our kitchen cupboards that's just and only tea, tea, marvelous tea!!! So I could so very much relate to Blake finding someone who understood just how important that one type/blend of tea can be to someone.

What?

vCash
    Good episode. But it made me feel sad. I hate it when I can't hate the unsub.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast