Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Yes, I know all that, but there are a few things that make me think otherwise. Last season, Lilly and Marshall had a bet on Robin and Ted getting back together. I forgot the specifics, but Marshall didn't concede defeat when Robin moved out of Ted's place. I think that he said something like, "It not over yet". Also, consider the last thing that Victoria said to Ted. There are some other things...

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I'm sorry but there are no things... we know the mother is that one girl's roommate and Ted saw her ankle at a time when Robin wasn't living there. QED.

Also, the creators of HIMYM gave interviews at the beginning of this season where they said they plan to reveal the mother at the end of this season at Robin and Barney's wedding.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    The thing about the show is that the audience knows the ending, but the characters do not. So Victoria may be stuck on Ted's feelings for Robin, and everyone else may not be so sure, but it'd ruin entire premise if Robin and Ted ended up together. Robin does not want children, can't have children, and OldTed said that Robin never became a mother. The kids grew up knowing her as Aunt Robin. What would they do in the series finale, hahaha it's really Robin just kidding everyone!

BTW, as far as we know, we're not sure if Robin and Barney go through with the wedding, right? OldTed only said they had a wedding, not that they're married. Or did I miss something? I remember that they were both freaking out, and on the train platform (before we see the Mother's legs and guitar case) Ted said that the wedding was a disaster, or something like that.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    BTW, as far as we know, we're not sure if Robin and Barney go through with the wedding, right? OldTed only said they had a wedding, not that they're married. Or did I miss something? I remember that they were both freaking out, and on the train platform (before we see the Mother's legs and guitar case) Ted said that the wedding was a disaster, or something like that.
    Oh, that's a good point. Maybe they won't end up married, which would make me sad on one level but not on another as I don't think everyone has to end up paired up together for it to all work out.

But married or not, Robin can't be the mother for all the reasons we both said and a host of other ones. It would be a huge F-you to the audience to do that IMO.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I just rewatched the season premiere (better than politics :-P ) and Ted doesn't say anything definite about the wedding. I recall now that the disaster remark was from a different flashback when he and Barney were reminiscing about Punchy's wedding (as in, things are going wrong but at least this wedding isn't going as badly as Punchy's).

Does anyone know if this is definitely the last season, or are they thinking about one more?

Afterlife
    vCash
    I just rewatched the season premiere (better than politics :-P ) and Ted doesn't say anything definite about the wedding. I recall now that the disaster remark was from a different flashback when he and Barney were reminiscing about Punchy's wedding (as in, things are going wrong but at least this wedding isn't going as badly as Punchy's).

Does anyone know if this is definitely the last season, or are they thinking about one more?
    Nothing has been set in stone yet. Jason Segel has said that he hopes it ends this year, but they haven't actually started contract negotiations yet. Or at least as of mid-october they hadn't. I think that was the last time Alyson Hannigan tweeted about it.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The show founders have said they think this is the last season and they plan to introduce the mother as a finale but they also said that they have a plan in case it's not the last season.

vCash
    I sure hope it's the last season...these past few seasons have been really disappointing and I can only come up with a handful of post-Season 4 episodes that I'd want to watch again. I guess I could (and perhaps should) quit watching but I keep holding out hope that something will happen and the show will come back to its former glory.

I definitely agree that Robin's not the mother. But I really wish they would stop going back to her and Ted...it kind of seemed like they had closure at the end of the episode where they were friends with benefits, but then the writers keep going back to it over and over and over again.

vCash
    Robin is not the mother. That was confirmed in the very first episode of the series.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Which also doesn't bode well for the eventual mother of his children. There's clearly a connection there, and years on, he's still talking about Aunt Robin - that's gotta be annoying for the wife.

vCash
    There was a thing on facebook a while back with a picture of the kids and the caption "Kids, the truth is, I never met your mother. You're adopted". That would be an amusing alternate ending
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Which also doesn't bode well for the eventual mother of his children. There's clearly a connection there, and years on, he's still talking about Aunt Robin - that's gotta be annoying for the wife.
    That was, at least for me, one of the reasons why I buy into the Barney's half-sister theory. If Aunt Robin is literally Aunt Robin, then she's family and harder for the eventual mother to get rid of.

vCash
    That was, at least for me, one of the reasons why I buy into the Barney's half-sister theory. If Aunt Robin is literally Aunt Robin, then she's family and harder for the eventual mother to get rid of.
    EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Just pulling this up again since last night's episode had a big flash forward. Now we know:

1. Barney and Robin actually went through with the wedding since they had a reception.

2. The Mother was the bass player in the wedding band.

3. The Mother almost definitely isn't Barney's half-sister, as she was hired for the wedding, not invited.

I was glad they got Rachel Bilson to reprise her role as Cindy, I knew she must've had something to do with introducing Ted to the Mother. Is her CW show still on the air? I meant to check it out but never did.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

How I Met Your Mother (tv show)

When this mother is finally introduced will it just be a huge let down? Geez. Lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Probably. She's described as being so quirky and so awesome and so perfect for Ted that she's probably really annoying.

vCash
    I could see the show having a few more episodes after he meets her. When I used to tell the story of how my hubby & met to my children when they were young, I didn't stop at just the meeting him for the first time but gave a few more details -- like how long we dated, how I/he proposed, how we came to purchase a home, any parties celebrating the engagement and finally the wedding itself followed by a decision to have the two of them a couple years later (yeah, it was two -- we have twins). Now that they are 20, they don't care as much. Sooooo, if they decided to finally introduce the woman, they could have a few more episodes that would culminate in a wedding for Ted where he DOESN'T give a speech cause we know how badly he tends to bungle it

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Crazy about sports!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I think the show needs to end when he meets the mother because there is no way we are going to like her if she get more of her than just seeing her face and maybe a line or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I think the show needs to end when he meets the mother because there is no way we are going to like her if she get more of her than just seeing her face and maybe a line or two.
    I sadly agree. I say sadly, because the show has just been renewed for season 9, I think, so I think we WILL meet the mother.

I just hope that, even if she's super annoying, she has good chemistry with Ted so we can buy that she was so awesome, she was worth waiting around for.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I sadly agree. I say sadly, because the show has just been renewed for season 9, I think, so I think we WILL meet the mother.
    NOOOOOOOOO!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast