Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    Kelly manages to be very sexy while still coming across as a little insecure and eager to please without any sense of diva.

ETA: GH isn't cancelled, it was the only ABC soap to survive and moved to the 2:00 time slot. Lots of GH actors in the stands including "Luke" of Luke and Laura.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ah, i thought all the soaps were canceled, not sure why
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    I love Kirsty's dress.. and she has beautiful hair too.. I like her..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Lots of GH actors in the stands including "Luke" of Luke and Laura.
    Genie Francis is on CBS now so Indon't think they'd let her do that. Nancy Lee Grahn was next to Tony Geary.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    her dress screams formal night at the ren faire to me
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Emmitt and Cheryl dancing to Chain, Chain, Chain. Love it!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Does Kirstie think kissing Tom on the lips was some sort of reward for Tom? I suspect his wife of 30 years and his two daughters might disagree.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Aggghhhh. Too many favorites. Can't choose.

I was a huge Emmitt fan in his season because I thought he was the rare athlete who had a performance sense to go with his body awareness. But next to Apolo, Gilles, Helio....who can pick?

I do think a guy will win this. It's just easier to be the guy. But I really liked Kelly...and the dark-haired woman with the great extension whose name I can't even remember.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Double post

vCash
    I thought Gilles was dancing with Lacey at first. Damn her and Peta look alike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    Damn her [Lacy] and Peta look alike.
    Maybe -15 lbs and -2 boob sizes ago did Lacy look sort of like Peta

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Without reading the thread...Pam is my vote to go (sorry, Tristan) as she was just dull and boring, though Kelly was meh, too, and really vague arms. Maybe Helio as a surprise elimination as he was kind of forgettable and meh.

Right now, I'm thinking it's between Sabrina (lowball! lowball!) and Gilles. Sabrina was just ON and Gilles was accurate and hot. Biggest overscore was Shawn, as it was kind of a crap foxtrot, though that was partially because they got the most inappropriate music of the night.

Bristol was most improved (better overall than Pam, better than Kelly because thoughtful arms are at least better than sloppy), Joey and Emmett were kind of the biggest loss of talent (I'm going la la la and hoping Kirstie just had an off night), and the one who surprised me by not being as exciting as I'd want is Apolo. I was expecting to like him best but I am switching my loyalty to Gilles. HE was both talented and smokin'. However I could also root for Sabrina because WOW! Louis did some work there.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Wheeeee, great start to the season!!!

Bristol was respectable I thought, she looks amazing, not just thinner, but her skin is radiant and I think she got a nose job. She actually danced better than Kirstie and Pam. Pam just made me sad, all that sex appeal and potential but she didn't practice because she was partying in Europe (the I&K of DWTS?). Kelly improved so much and really stood out. I was PML at how Val is clearly into her. Gonna throw them all my votes cause they're the most vulnerable of my faves (I've only ever voted for JR & Karina).

Sabrina... I'll try to give her a chance. She did some things well, but her turns were so off balance I thought she would fall every time. I was at the "hammer" comment.

Melissa was luminous... best of the women, but I didn't love the choreo. I loved Shawn, and I was like "great cha cha!" til I realized it was foxtrot. The technique and speed are there, but what a crappy song. Once Derek really unleashes, they'll be great.

The men of course were much stronger. Helio and Gilles were fab. Joey was out of it. Drew was ok, but I couldn't stand his smug attitude. I hated Emmit when he beat Mario, but I was trying to be open-minded, and you know, he was very good and I enjoyed. But oh nooooo. They had to say he was the best of the night and not give him a single negative comment when they nitpicked Apolo's near flawless, extremely fast and difficult routine. THAT'S why I freaking couldn't stand Emmit in S3. And can Cheryl please not be nude, thanks. Cheryl is always overscored. Drew will see a huge difference now that he's with Anna.

vCash
    Emmit --wow. But I'd be happy to never see a guy in a pair of green sparkly shoes again.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Emmit is like that guy at the wedding that everyone wants to dance with - not because he's the best dancer but because you know you'll have fun.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Emmit is like that guy at the wedding that everyone wants to dance with - not because he's the best dancer but because you know you'll have fun.
    That's exactly how I've always seen Emmit. He's your uncle that is at your wedding and you tease him but he's actually got moves! Very very fun to watch, but the judges shouldn't be hyping him as the best dancer, at least not without giving some very technical reasons.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    That's exactly how I've always seen Emmit. He's your uncle that is at your wedding and you tease him but he's actually got moves! Very very fun to watch, but the judges shouldn't be hyping him as the best dancer, at least not without giving some very technical reasons.
    It's the self-confidence that comes with having been one of the very best at America's toughest, most popular game. The funny thing, as a diehard Redskins and used-to-be-Eagles fan, I loathe the Cowboys. But it's impossible for me to loathe Emmitt, he's just cool.

Melissa is the one I thought was the best of the women, actually.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Bristol was respectable I thought, she looks amazing, not just thinner, but her skin is radiant and I think she got a nose job.
    Actually, I thnk she had something done to her chin. I read something somewhere. Whether or not we like her mother, or her (for that matter) she is pretty.

Pam just made me sad, all that sex appeal and potential but she didn't practice because she was partying in Europe (the I&K of DWTS?).
    Pam looked drugged. She seemed incoherent. She should go, she just looks trashy.

Kelly improved so much and really stood out. I was PML at how Val is clearly into her.
    That made me smile.

I loved Shawn, and I was like "great cha cha!" til I realized it was foxtrot. The technique and speed are there, but what a crappy song. Once Derek really unleashes, they'll be great.
    Yeah, they were victims of the music. though Derek could have toned it down a bit. But, choreography was their problem, not ability.

Giles

vCash
    Oh Gilles, how I've missed you.

And he bakes too.
    Gilles can really dance.
    I could watch him all night.
    I hope he doesn't get caught in a "popularity vote" again.

The producers asked a lot of people who declined because of other commitments.
    rfisher, do we know who declined?

The scores were lower last night than I expected.

vCash
    I was splitting my time last night between DWTS and The Voice. I just went back and watched all the performances again. The men this season are definitely stronger. Pam should be the first one off (bummer for Tristan since I like him)
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast