Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Gilles can really dance.
    I could watch him all night.
    I hope he doesn't get caught in a "popularity vote" again.
    I really hope not. He was great! Sabrina, too--I don't see any huge balance problems. Shawn might improve when she's given music that vaguely resembles what she's supposed to be dancing (she looked awkward to my eye, but again, on what planet was that a foxtrot?) Though that's only a BIT of an excuse-I hope when they do draw music that suits the style, Derek doesn't get too creative.

I'm not getting the Kelly love. Blah arms, only okay legs, about all she's got going for her is she's tiny with big...you know.

Glad someone else said it, Pam looked "impaired." It was kind of sad to watch.

Just me
    vCash
    Too many people I love and want to win at this point. I may be able to pick a "favorite" half-way through.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Gilles can really dance.
    I could watch him all night.
    I hope he doesn't get caught in a "popularity vote" again.

rfisher, do we know who declined?

The scores were lower last night than I expected.
    That I haven't seen, just that they asked a number of other people and they declined due to time committments. They have to give up 10 weeks to do the show.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I missed Joey/Kym. Really liked Gilles/Peta and Emmitt/Cheryl. Melissa was my favorite lady. Kelly was way better than in her season, but I still am not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Don't blame Bristol because she's on the show. The producers asked a lot of people who declined because of other commitments.
    Right, and I think she looked better than Pam actually.

Pam cracks me up, but she has never gotten through the dangly legs. I would rather have seen:
    Mel B
    Kristi Yamaguchi
    Nicole Scherzinger
    Mya Harrison
    Chelsea Kane
    Erin Andrews
    Kathryn Jenkins (probably not ready to do it again so soon)
    Ricki Lake
    Maria Menounos
    Brooke Burke
    Stacey Keibler (reportedly turned it down?)
    Laila Ali
    or Kelly Osborne

Did JR Martinez turn it down?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I think the score were lower because it was the first show and there are nine more weeks to go. Can't start off with practically everyone getting very high scores. The judges and TPTB want to see progress. (and the audience too)

Pamela looked drugged is right. She should go.

And I agree about Sabrina, she's all attack and little subtlety in her dancing. Maybe Louis can calm her down a bit.

Oh Gilles! mmmm and Apolo.... mmmmmm
    Last edited by Spiralgraph; 09-25-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Erin Andrews
    Yes. She and Tristan would have looked lovely together.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    So strange -- I really have some affection for Pamela Anderson even though she simply can't turn off the coquettishness. She's still one of the very few celebrities where my initial negative reaction really turned around completely during the course of the show. Still not entirely sure why.

But she didn't look with it last night.

I think Emmitt Smith has continued to dance since the end of his season. He looks like he enjoys it more than just about anyone else, and he looked good and not at all rusty.

(Still, I'm spoiled by SYTYCD. These are oh so clearly not pro dancers.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    So strange -- I really have some affection for Pamela Anderson even though she simply can't turn off the coquettishness. She's still one of the very few celebrities where my initial negative reaction really turned around completely during the course of the show. Still not entirely sure why.

But she didn't look with it last night.

I think Emmitt Smith has continued to dance since the end of his season. He looks like he enjoys it more than just about anyone else, and he looked good and not at all rusty.

(Still, I'm spoiled by SYTYCD. These are oh so clearly not pro dancers.)
    I just think she's a train wreck. The way she was so jittery, last night, during the interview, suggested she was on something. With so many more talented and in control people, why her?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Yeah, she's likable - or at least was in her season. I appreciate how she always acts the part and brings some flavor to each dance. There were brief glimpses of it last night, but the dancing was terrible. Objectively, she deserves to go, but I wouldn't mind if Kirstie went instead.

vCash
    I love Louis and I really, really want to like Sabrina, but she needs to dial it back about 50 notches. She's trying so hard, but it comes off fake IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    I love Louis and I really, really want to like Sabrina, but she needs to dial it back about 50 notches. She's trying so hard, but it comes off fake IMO.
    She does come off as if trying too hard. As much as I enjoy Joey Fatone he runs that same risk too. There is a difference between passion and desperation.

Originally Posted by rfisher
    Don't blame Bristol because she's on the show. The producers asked a lot of people who declined because of other commitments.
    I blame her for saying yes the first time and this time. For a girl whose catch phrase includes rejecting everything "Hollywood," she certainly seems to embrace it when it offers her money.

vCash
    For a girl whose catch phrase includes rejecting everything "Hollywood," she certainly seems to embrace it when it offers her money.
    Not that I agree with her at all; but, what other options does she have for earning money, particularly if she has become accustomed to a more "upscale" lifestyle?

vCash
    Not that I agree with her at all; but, what other options does she have for earning money, particularly if she has become accustomed to a more "upscale" lifestyle?
    Meghan McCain has carved a nice career for herself as the face of young Republicans. Oh wait, Meghan McCain is smart and articulate. Never mind.

vCash
    If it is what she wants to do - act, do reality tv, write books, etc. - then more power to her. But I hate hypocrisy. I would respect her more (just slightly) if she was honest with herself and other people.

She might be a sweet young woman who has a halo, but my impression is of her being a hypocrite.

By the same token:

Then again I have a hard time with any of the celebs on the show who didn't win being called a fan favorite. If they were fan favorites, they wouldn't have been ousted from their original seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Then again I have a hard time with any of the celebs on the show who didn't win being called a fan favorite. If they were fan favorites, they wouldn't have been ousted from their original seasons.
    I don't see anything wrong with that -- if they made it to the finals, they were fan favorites, especially if their dancing didn't earn them the highest scores from the judges. Now, if they had been called THE fan favorite of season X, that would be another matter, but I think it was said that "Celeb Susie Q was A fan favorite." I obviously have a more elastic definition of "favorite" than others who think there can be only be one.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Wow, everyone was so good I am so torn who to vote for this season! Its going to be great watching them get even better as the weeks go on.

Is it just me, or did everyone wear a costume that they previously wore during their past season last night? I recognized a lot of those costumes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralgraph View Post
    I think the score were lower because it was the first show and there are nine more weeks to go. Can't start off with practically everyone getting very high scores.
    That never stopped them before

and Apolo.... mmmmmm
    Has Apolo retired from competitive speedskating? It's weird seeing him pudgy ... like a smaller version of Steve Wozniak. And I couldn't help but noticed the two big pit stains on him . Maybe stick him in dark color shirts only from now on.

vCash
    With the exception of Pam, I really enjoyed watching everyone last night and with the amount of talent levelling the playing field, this should be a very interesting season. Maybe Len and Co. will actually have to judge based on dance skills as opposed to who has the most "heart".

I will say, though...if Gilles keeps dancing like this, I'm going to have to take up smoking.

vCash
    Pam really was the odd one out.

I want to like her, in some way I do, but she manages to make me cringe too much. She was always a pretty girl, even without all the makeup that makes her look too much like a tart, but her overt man-eater persona is quite embarrassing to watch. I thought she was going to jump her partner's bones when she first met him and I can never tell if she's serious or just putting it on.

That part aside, her dancing is just not good enough and I don't think enough men watch the show to save her when she is so obviously on a different level from the others.

I enjoyed the show last night becuase so many people were actually good and knew what they were doing from the beginning. It'll be fun to see how this all plays out.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    If it is what she wants to do - act, do reality tv, write books, etc. - then more power to her. But I hate hypocrisy. I would respect her more (just slightly) if she was honest with herself and other people.
    I never watched her show, but the commercial for it basically had her saying that people were going to whisper about her anyway, so she may as well have the control to present it her way. It's mostly BS, but an interesting way to spin it.

Re: Pam, there was a funny theory on TWOP that she was acting the part of Amy Winehouse not only in her dance, but the whole night. I think she did something like that last time with Marilyn Monroe. I don't actually believe this theory, but it's funny to imagine Pam being that great of an actress to fool us all. Baywatch was clearly a master class.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast