Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Miles from Lost! Hope to see him again.

The twist at the end was not that surprising but I didn't see the connection until this episode, so I'll give the writers credit.

BaileyCatts, is Kim Raver your least favourite actress? I liked her on Third Watch.

Elisabeth Mitchell is being extremely underused. Holding her captive is beyond boring.

So, there are twelve of those electric pendants? Hmm, I bet some of them are overseas. If the show lasts, I can see the show taking place in Paris or Tokyo. That could be fun.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Darn it ... I keep trying to find this show on Monday night's and am batting zero! I saw the first episode and since then - nadda. Ticks me off. I know it's on some channel somewhere but drats if I can find it.
    try tvguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Miles from Lost! Hope to see him again.
    I believe you mean Lapidus

They should just rename this show Charlie Screws Everything Up Again And Then Quavers Her Lip A Bunch

Absolutely no suspense in the reveal of "Nate" as Tom's son Jason, but it was a decent backstory ep. Or it would have been without the dipshit twins screwing up the train action.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I didn't really think about the aspect of her situation .... whatever land mass you were on at the time of The Blackout, that's it. If you were in America but lived in Europe, you will never see your family again. Sure you can walk from Cali to NY, but you can never get back across the ocean. Although .... wouldn't yatchs with sail's still work? Or would a sailboat never make it across the ocean like that?
    Well, there are always stories about people solo-sailing around the world.....but they're usually accompanied by a fleet of assistance vessels (just in case) and have high-tech navigational instruments and weather warnings. So, yeah, with a good boat, a good crew, and top-notch compass reading skills you could do it, but it would be a bit of a crap shoot.

Some people mentioned the possibility of using the Bering Strait (otherwise known as "I can see Russia from my house"), but if you're going to be marching across Alaska and Siberia, you better pick the right time of year.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Um, people have been crossing oceans for hundreds if not thousands of years without the benefit of electricity. There's no reason it can't be done in Revolution's world.

vCash
    Um, thank you Captain Obvious.

Part of Maggie's story was that she couldn't find anyone with a boat who was willing to cross the Atlantic. I would think that a person who HAD a good boat and crew could make a good living charging a LOT of money to get desperate people back home.

vCash
    I believe you mean Lapidus
    Oops. It's been awhile.

There may be a reason beyond mere incapacity that Maggie could not travel overseas by boat. People may be forbidden (by the Cape guy, perhaps?) to go overseas.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    If a country like the US has become completely lawless and chaotic, one can only imagine what's going on in other countries that were less stable and developed at the time of the blackout (has this been addressed?), and on the high seas.

While people could certainly find the ways and means to get across the ocean, it might simply be too dangerous to even try.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    If a country like the US has become completely lawless and chaotic, one can only imagine what's going on in other countries that were less stable and developed at the time of the blackout (has this been addressed?), and on the high seas.

While people could certainly find the ways and means to get across the ocean, it might simply be too dangerous to even try.
    People made it across the oceans for centuries and they would continue to do so, especially with some of the things they would have now that they did not have before (sturdier boats, bottled water, canned food, etc) I know this stuff would cease to be manufactured like it was but they would have some at first to send people on voyages with.

I also wonder if the U.S. is so lawless only because people planned to overthrow the government. What if this wasn't planned all around the World so the other places are still doing well? I have a feeling we will find out this was a global conspiracy pretty soon, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post

I also wonder if the U.S. is so lawless only because people planned to overthrow the government. What if this wasn't planned all around the World so the other places are still doing well? I have a feeling we will find out this was a global conspiracy pretty soon, though.
    That's what I said awhile ago. What with Ben and Juliet (sorry, I can't remember what her name is supposed to be. :p ) working on those pendant thingies and them KNOWING about the power going out, obviously it was deliberate. Now, why would someone do something like that deliberately? Someone who WANTS the world to descend into chaos and probably have been slowly orchestrating the demise of society for years. It would explain how everything could disintegrate so quickly...those who tried to step up and pull things together were probably taken out. Humanity on the whole isn't likely to be so corrupt as to completely fall apart in 5-10 years, UNLESS people were actively helping it along and stamping out those who would try and resist.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345