Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    yeah, I don't think the show is anywhere near dark enough. And I'm tired of seeing the ladies wearing perfectly fitted skinny jeans - which, inventory issues aside, I just don't think women would be wearing 15 years into a post-electricity civilization. Especially not one who was 4 or whatever when the blackout happened.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    And I'm tired of seeing the ladies wearing perfectly fitted skinny jeans - which, inventory issues aside, I just don't think women would be wearing 15 years into a post-electricity civilization. Especially not one who was 4 or whatever when the blackout happened.
    I think the idea is that people are still scavenging from clothes made before the black-out. Department stores were left with stock and jeans were scavenged off dead people. And people are very frugal with stuff made before the black-out. Skinny jeans were in at the time of the black-out, hence the skinny jeans.

Or that is the premise of other 'after the black-out and government melt-down' post-apocalyptic tales.

Doesn't hurt either that the women in the show have perfect bodies for skinny jeans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I think the idea is that people are still scavenging from clothes made before the black-out. Department stores were left with stock and jeans were scavenged off dead people. And people are very frugal with stuff made before the black-out. Skinny jeans were in at the time of the black-out, hence the skinny jeans.
    but bodies would not fit the existing clothing exactly the way they do now.

And from what we've seen of the immediate post-blackout world, people weren't exactly carefully catalogueing textiles to make them last for infinity - it was a mad scramble for survival, and it looks like people got out of the cities as quickly as possible focusing on food, not clothes. It just stretches credibility beyond suspension-of-belief level that these clothes would look and fit like someone wearing them today.

It just bugs me that even in a post-apocalyptic world, the most important thing on tv is for women to be fashionable and "sexy".
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    but bodies would not fit the existing clothing exactly the way they do now.
    Why not? People are likely to be leaner and more fit if they live an agrarian, subsistence lifestyle as they do on the job.

It just bugs me that even in a post-apocalyptic world, the most important thing on tv is for women to be fashionable and "sexy".
    I do get your point. But are all the women fashionable and sexy? The only one I noticed in skinny jeans with abs showing was Charley.
    Last edited by Japanfan; 10-05-2012 at 06:49 AM.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Hey--Jacob from Lost! .
    That's who that guy was! Just watched my tape tonight and it was driving me crazy trying to remember where I knew him from.

I also want to know how the world fell apart so quickly after the blackout. I mean, the tag said it was only 8 weeks later, didn't it? I don't think the military would have fallen apart in 8 weeks (unless I didn't see the tag line correct and it was much longer?). And how Miles and Sebastian and Jacob-from-Lost Guy ended up being the leaders of the Militia! I'm going to guess that in the beginning, they started to form a group that was really meant to protect people who were just trying to get by from the thugs, but somehow it get all effed up.

Please don't let Google Guy get dead. I like him. And please NBC, don't cancel this show until we get some answers! I hate it when they do that.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 10-05-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I also want to know how the world fell apart so quickly after the blackout. I mean, the tag said it was only 8 weeks later, didn't it?
    I didn't see that, but it must have meant eight weeks after the previous scene that was shown. The larger story takes place fifteen years after the blackout.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    If you blinked you missed it. It was only up a few seconds. When they were doing the flashback scenes with Miles and Sebastian (the one at the Base and the one where they came across the slain couple), they flashed a tag at the bottom of the screen that said "Two Weeks After the Blackout" and "Eight Weeks After the Blackout", or something to that affect. The segment where they were walking to Chicago, that's when they flashed that tagline on the screen that I think said it was 8 weeks later, and Miles made the comment about how did everything fall apart so fast.

vCash
    Well, we still don't know what caused the blackout. It appears to be man-made, and if it was done on purpose then it's possible that people high up had been orchestrating the fall of civilization for a long time and the power going out was only part of a very long string of events. I doubt Monroe is acting completely alone; I bet he has someone that he answers to. Someone who has power, probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I decided I was done when the woman turned on the damn iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I think that pendent thing has more power to it than we give it credit for because that walk/disc man thing shouldn't have worked either unless those batteries in it were EXTRA super charged after fifteen years, LOL

I'm still enjoying this show overall and I'm constantly wondering what's going to happen next which is more than enough to keep me coming back every week for now.
    I've only seen the first two episodes (3 is still in the dvr). As far as I could tell, she didnt turn the iPhone on. She carries it because it has the only pics/videos/memories of her kids (and she has no way to view them). Just staring at the phone, knowing there in there, is all she has.

Also, what is the walk/dic man thing? I dont remember seeing that. Unfortunately, I deleted the episodes as soon as I watched them.
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash
    ^ You will see what they mean when you watch episode 3.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    BTW, for a much, much, much better post-apocalyptic TV series, I highly recommend Survivors from the UK, 2008-2010. I'm sure it's available on Netflix tho I haven't looked. The apocalypse in that case is a virus, and the story takes place immediately after so can't really be classified as a true dystopia, but the acting and writing are about 30x better than Revolution.
    I got this from the library a few days ago and I've almost finished the first season. It's amazing, so much better than Revolution!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^ You will see what they mean when you watch episode 3.
    Yeah.. sure enough... lol... I thought what I was reading was pre-epi3, but guess not. I was working overnight on a system change (which means lots of waiting for things to run) so I got to watch episode 3 at about 4:00 this morning. So, does that thing actually generate power? I mean, if Grace (?) can power up the worlds oldest computer with it, then an iPhone and a discman should be no problem.

So I'm guessing Miles and Monroe started a militia together with the good intentions of stopping thugs like those two guys, and Miles didnt like where Monroe was taking it, so he took off to live incognito in some once-fancy hotel, tending bar? Where does the liquor come from? I'm thinking, no power, most would have been consumed in the first few years.
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash

Yes, I teared up over the death. Dammit.

vCash
    That was a nice episode for Maggie - I wish we had gotten a bit more of her and less of Danny and The Tornado. But I have to confess I'm glad it was her and not GoogleNerd.

Nice to see that Charlie was always that whiny and snivelling - but man, that kid looks so much like older Charlie that I wouldn't be surprised if the actresses are sisters themselves.

Poor Giancarlo Esposito - he's throwing everything he has into his performance and all he has to work with is the Peeta reject

Backstory continues to intrigue; Charlie continues to annoy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by talulabell View Post
    Where does the liquor come from? I'm thinking, no power, most would have been consumed in the first few years.
    You don't need any power to brew alcohol, it's been around for centuries. So I guess the assumption is that people are brewing their own booze. But having bottles remaining from pre-blackout does seem unlikely.

There are things that could/should be happening in the absence of electricity as well - steam power being the first that comes to mind.

vCash
    Darn it ... I keep trying to find this show on Monday night's and am batting zero! I saw the first episode and since then - nadda. Ticks me off. I know it's on some channel somewhere but drats if I can find it.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    The preview for next week's episode has me rolling my eyes. If they can steam punk a working train, then surely the more powerful guys would have some of the very simple cars that didn't rely on electronic gadgetry to work. There would be entire enclaves of VW fans with working cars.

vCash
    I think I'm done with this one. I went into it expecting one thing and ended up with something else. I simply cannot believe that in 15 years with no electricity, civilization would have collapsed so thoroughly. Mankind made it for thousands of years without electricity, why now would they lack the ability to carry on??

Also, I can't stand the lead actress playing Charlie. One minute she's hell-bent for leather wanting to take on the militia and the next she's looking at someone with anime eyes trying to be coquettish and girly. Her facial expressions alone make me wish she was the next one offed.

vCash
    I must be the only one who would expect a very rapid demise of government, civil society, etc., if all power were suddenly lost. The fact that people lived without power for thousands of years and were just fine is completely irrelevant. It is about what has been lost, it is about what we are used to, it is about our complete dependence on power for everything.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Finally caught up with Episode 4. Even with how kinda quick it was, Maggie's death was . I didn't really think about the aspect of her situation .... whatever land mass you were on at the time of The Blackout, that's it. If you were in America but lived in Europe, you will never see your family again. Sure you can walk from Cali to NY, but you can never get back across the ocean. Although .... wouldn't yatchs with sail's still work? Or would a sailboat never make it across the ocean like that?

And that my least favorite actress is now going to be on the show. Just read it in TV Guide. Hated her in every show I watch she's been in, so I'm sure I'll hate her here.

And gold stars go out to the Casting Department! The actress who plays a young Charlie is totally believable as that being Charlie! She looked exactly like her!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast