Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Revolution (Mondays on NBC) - Season One

It seems like this show is getting the most attention in the general TV thread. Some of it even good! I liked last week's pilot episode enough to stick around for at least another month of episodes. Hopefully this is one of those shows that grows in quality each week, which will mean I'll stick with this one to the end.

Last week's episode got good ratings, so that's a good sign. From this article:

NBC’s Revolution was televised — and more than 10 million people watched, setting a ratings record for the network.
    Though Revolution was down a bit from its Voice opening act, a 4.1 is a great number this time slot — particularly on NBC. According to the network, this is the biggest broadcast TV drama premiere in three years on any network (since ABC’s V in 2009) and the biggest drama premiere on NBC in five years (since Bionic Woman in 2007).
    For those who missed last week's debut, here's info about the premise from the show's wikipedia entry:

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic dystopian future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon disabled all technology dependent on electricity on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology. Due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess a special device (resembling a flash drive) that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude various enemy groups who want to possess that power for themselves.
    If you missed the premiere from last Monday, here are links to the networks airing the show in the U.S.A. and Canada:

NBC (U.S.A. viewers)

Citytv (Canadian viewers)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    So, in other words, this show is doomed. Look at the previous record holders and how well those shows did after such great starts.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Not necessarily. I'm sure there are many shows in the past that had the biggest debut and went on to have long, successful runs.

vCash
    The pilot was all over the place and was not appealing to me at all.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    The pilot was indeed all over the place but I feel the show has potential, that is for sure. It better get moving in one good direction soon or it will start bleeding viewers, I fear.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    I quite enjoyed the pilot.. and am looking forward to tonights episode.. so having said that it will likely not last
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Her weapon of choice, the crossbow, is terribly inefficient. She'll spend more time trying to cock it than actually getting an arrow off. She proved that in the fight at the hotel. Get her a regular bow/arrow.

vCash
    And then she can get lessons from Katniss.
    -Brian

vCash
    I've been thinking that the crossbow was chosen so that she would sort of remind people (there are quite a few Hunger Games fans out there) of Katniss, without it being a direct rip-off.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    I've been thinking that the crossbow was chosen so that she would sort of remind people (there are quite a few Hunger Games fans out there) of Katniss, without it being a direct rip-off.
    I think it's obvious the whole show is riding on the coat tails of hunger games.. but I still like it (loved hunger games too)..

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Buzz The pilot was all over the place and was not appealing to me at all.
    Buzzkill!

vCash
    I was semi-bored last week, totally bored tonight as I turned it off early. I won't be watching this anymore.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I was semi-bored last week, totally bored tonight as I turned it off early. I won't be watching this anymore.
    must admit I had to really focus to keep my attention tonight

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm predicting this will be gone by mid-season. This was just stupid tonight. I'll be watching 5-0 next week.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I KNEW IT!!!! What all does she know??! *fangirl squee*
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    What did I miss? I wasn't paying the closest of attention....

vCash
    Lost interest after 10 minutes or so.

vCash
    Watched both episodes tonight. Really liking this show. I actually think the show is doing quite a bit in terms of advancing plot and uncovering character backstory.

I pretty much enjoy all the characters. My favourite is the woman in the attic surfing the internet. Don't kill her! Also, is she the same actress who played Matthe Fox's girlfriend on Party of Five?

I thought the Militia guy who died and the man who threatened Child! Charlie looked like they were played by the exact same actor. Anyways, that was a good flashback. Looking forward to those flashbacks for the other characters.

I guess that means the Genie on "Once Upon a Time" is kaput? Good--he was my least favourite character. On this show, he is kicking some serious butt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    I think it's obvious the whole show is riding on the coat tails of hunger games.. but I still like it (loved hunger games too)..
    I don't see any particular similarities between this and the Hunger Games, other than both are based on dystopian societies. But there are a ton of dystopian stories out there.

This reminded me instantly of S.M. Sterling's 'Emberverse' series, which is based on the identical premise and explores what happens to society in the absence of technology and centralized government. At first I was sure this show was based on that series, though it appears not to be the case. It's not a novel premise at all, though, and it is the basis of many a post-apocalyptic tale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    What did I miss? I wasn't paying the closest of attention....

Spoiler

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast