vCash

Aquestion about a type of Lift I have seen.

Ok,maybe someone here can help me understand a little bit about how it's done...and I'm sure that anyone here who has actually seen this Lift done will know what I'm talking about....But can anyone please tell me what the Lift is called in Synchronized Skating,when 2 Skaters are both holding a 3rd Skater up by only 2 hands (1 hand each),with the 3rd Skater balancing themselves on top,with their Legs in an upside down Vee? I know the Crystallettes do it sometimes. So maybe there's also a Synchronized Skater out there that can help me. I know it takes practice. But I'm interested to know too,what makes it even possible to do? As far as understanding too,why a Skater doesn't fall forward off of just 2 hands. Thanks.
    Last edited by FSWer; 10-08-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Watch me move
    vCash
    I'm not a synchro skater, but if I understand the lift you're describing, being able to do it is no different than standing between two chairs and lifting yourself off the ground with one hand on the back of each chair.

The skater who is being lifted has to hold her body centred - like a pairs skater being lifted - and the skaters holding her up have to be steady.They're moving, but they all have to move at the same speed and stay in the same place in relation to each other.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I'm am pretty sure they are vault lifts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I'm not a synchro skater, but if I understand the lift you're describing, being able to do it is no different than standing between two chairs and lifting yourself off the ground with one hand on the back of each chair.

The skater who is being lifted has to hold her body centred - like a pairs skater being lifted - and the skaters holding her up have to be steady.They're moving, but they all have to move at the same speed and stay in the same place in relation to each other.
    So,it's everyone moving at one time that makes it possible to not fall farward? I would love to hear from any Skaters out there that have experience with doing that Lift.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    So,it's everyone moving at one time that makes it possible to not fall farward? I would love to hear from any Skaters out there that have experience with doing that Lift.
    They don't fall forward because they are balanced in the centre between the two skaters that are holding them up. It is like the skater being lifted is the top of a triangle or a pyramid. The top of the pyramid or the triangle doesn't fall forward because the base is wider than the top, and the base is supporting the top.

But the skater being lifted would fall forward if she was travelling faster than the two skaters supporting her. And she would fall backward if she was travelling more slowly than the two skaters supporting her.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast