Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Desanctis has withdrawn too!?!?

vCash

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    The top three are Nishimura, Gilles, and Long.

vCash
    Is that the final result? Did Charbonneau skate?

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Charbonneau is 7th. She missed every jump in some way including a single axel.

vCash
    Well, I can't say I'm completely shocked, I was not impressed with her at Octoberfest, but still...

COS sectionals was promising to be such a good competition and looks rather lacklustre now, especially after seeing the results

vCash
    Gilles is now skating for CA?
    Did she get released?

Not the US would have any profit preventing her.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    The top women in Quebec sectionals skated much better:

http://www.patinage.qc.ca/doc/result...gesDetails.pdf

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    COS Sectional results: http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...2013/index.htm

Thanks, danafan!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    Does anyone know what "guest" next to the name mean? Thx

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Guest" means the skater represents a club in a section other than Central Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    Gilles is now skating for CA?
    Did she get released?
    Alexe had to fulfill Skate Canada's requirement (pass a Senior test of some kind) to enter their qualifying competition(s) but AFAIK she doesn't need a USFS release to compete in Canada.

ETA link to page with Manitoba Sectional results: http://www.mbskates.ca/Competition.html
    (I assume that Kate Charbonneau is byed to Challenge from MB since only 1 Sr. Woman, Deidre Russell, is registered to compete at the MB Sectional.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-04-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Rogozine skated quite well earlier landing both triple axels.
    On warmup now Charbonneau has been landing a lot of stuff and Mutlu is trying and landing five different triples, I think. I saw lutz, flip, loop and sal for sure

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Mutlu did 6 triples in her long, two loops, two sals, a flip and a lutz. Scored 81 something. I hope she makes JGP next year.

Charbonneau skated poorly and wouldn't make it to the challenge if she was from COS and was trying to qualify. She's 6th with five skaters to go....

vCash
    How were Mutlu's triples in terms of rotation? I liked her attack at Octoberfest but some were questionable to me. As for Kate...

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Gilles landed two toes and a sal, popped a loop into a single and also did a big waxel. I'm sure this will advance though.

McNeil is leading and she landed up to triple loop.

Gilles got 75.79 and is third place with one to go, and the leader is a guest.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Nishimuira holds onto first place.

vCash
    I was watching Quebec Senior Women, and IMO they were marking waaayyy high for both programs. There were some good skates, absolutely, but a lot of the marks left me scratching my head. Julianne Seguin had a very good long, landing 6 triples and one double axel. Alexandra Gagnon and Veronik Mallet were very nice in the short, not so much in the long. Vanessa Grenier was lacklustre in both. Quebec girls look strong, but not as outstanding as the marks would have you believe, but then Quebec tends to inflate quite a bit so it's nothing new.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The official final results aren't up yet but based on the FS scores in the detailed protocols online, the top 4 COS Senior Women advancing to Challenge (if my math is correct) are:
    Eri Nishimura 123.92
    Giouzelin Mutlu 119.17
    Alexe Gilles 118.77 (coached by Christy Krall in Colorado Springs according to her recent tweet)
    Olivia Houston 110.36
    Note: Gabrielle Daleman WD but also advanced to Challenge for being a JGP competitor.
    ---
    Next 3 COS Women:
    Rachel Greben 108.79
    Michelle Long 108.65
    Christina Yan 108.43

Guest Skaters at COS:
    Kelsey McNeil (NB) 121.34
    Gabrielle Anne Cormier (NB) 113.52
    Kate Charbonneau (MB) 107.34

ETA link: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Developmen...S/Default.aspx
    Byes may be granted through sectional or challenge level of competition. The granting of a bye permits a skater to pass to the next level of competition without competing at a prerequisite level. Byes are classified as: (1) Automatic when granted to all skaters or teams in a given situation (e.g. the competitors who placed first, second and third nationally in senior the previous year), (2) Individual when granted to a particular skater for medical or international assignment reasons.
    Do we know if current National Team members Alexandra Najarro and Adriana DeSanctis could be receiving a medical bye to Challenge?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-04-2012 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    In Quebec Senior Men, can someone explain/verify why Dominic Rondeau skated through all his jumps? It was the strangest thing I've ever seen (check out his report card!!!).
    I'm assuming he's injured and just wanted to qualify for challenge by skating, but it was bizarre.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26715823

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Do we know if current National Team members Alexandra Najarro and Adriana DeSanctis could be receiving a medical bye to Challenge?
    I did hear from a reliable source that this is true. We'll hopefully see them both skating at the Challenge.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast