Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    FYI, there is a China/Japan thread in the Politically Incorrect forum here on FSU.
    YES. Some posters seem to have better business arguing there.

vCash
    hey can we move this already, this arguments will get uglier

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    misskarne, can you please give me a source for "the fact Japanese are being ATTACKED in China"? As in individual Japanese? I haven't heard any reports, or seen any reports either in international or local media of individuals being ATTACKED. I saw several protests first hand, and none of them had anyone attacking any individuals - and Beijing had the largest (and by all reports, most significant and harsh) protests by far.

The protests have also ended.

Japan and China go back and forth annoying each like this every now and then, it's politics and history. But I didn't hear, see or read of any individuals being attacked.
    Angelskates, Glacier cat, unfortunately it was true. Perhaps those attacks were not reported in China but here are one of the articles which reports that at least four Japanese individuals were attacked in Shanghai:
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/world/news/...OYT1T01282.htm
    Some other incidents in other regions were also reported.

No wonder JSF give their concern over the skaters' safety.

Anyway, I really hope this is over soon so skaters can compete without worrying about their safety or politics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko View Post
    Your justification to vandalism and violence is quite amusing. Did you tell French the same when the Chinese attacked the Carrefour stores for the free-Tibet protest in Paris?
    French didn't commit war crime to Chinese, and then get into a self-inflicted amnesia afterwards, IIRC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Angelskates, Glacier cat, unfortunately it was true. Perhaps those attacks were not reported in China but here are one of the articles which reports that at least four Japanese individuals were attacked in Shanghai:
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/world/news/...OYT1T01282.htm
    Some other incidents in other regions were also reported.

No wonder JSF give their concern over the skaters' safety.

Anyway, I really hope this is over soon so skaters can compete without worrying about their safety or politics.
    Can you find me a non-bias source of the article, please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

I guess you missed seeing my post #5 on the first page?
    Quite the opposite. I didn't know, and hadn't thought much about, the sponsors of the event UNTIL reading your post in this thread.

vCash
    Has Russia decided if they will send KAWAGUCHI(& SMIRNOV) to COC or not?
    Or is it not even an issue for Russia why NOT to send her?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Can you find me a non-bias source of the article, please?
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...sland-20120917

The Japanese Consulate in Shanghai has reported that a number of Japanese have been harassed in recent days, including one who had a bowl of hot noodles thrown at him and another who was kicked on the street. The consulate urged citizens to not take taxis alone or speak loudly in Japanese while in public.
    If you are insinuating that the Japanese consulate is making up these stories, then I really don't know what to say to you.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    If you are insinuating that the Japanese consulate is making up these stories, then I really don't know what to say to you.
    I don't think they're making them up, but I think they have their own agenda and bias, the same as the Chinese reports.

vCash
    I don't think they're making them up, but I think they have their own agenda and bias, the same as the Chinese reports.
    Because someone whose location is "Beijing, China" is going to be so unbiased.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I don't think a respected broadsheet like the Yomiuri from a country with free press can be compared to media outlets in a country that doesn't.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    CHINA BASHING going on in this thread?
    Chinese are
    Last edited by spikydurian; 09-26-2012 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I don't think a respected broadsheet like the Yomiuri from a country with free press can be compared to media outlets in a country that doesn't.
    I don't believe free press exists, I think all media has its bias and agendas, but I think China reporting on this issue and Japan reporting on this issue have particular bias. Japan has certain mis-reported some historical issues in the past (through text books, as you probably know), as has China.

misskarne, I don't believe I ever claimed to be non-bias. I don't have a "side" on the island issue - I don't know enough of the history, but I also have stated that I don't believe violence is ever the solution. In fact, given the history between these two countries, I don't think they'll ever have a good relationship, but I don't believe attacking individuals of any nationality is acceptable. I am not Chinese, but I do believe that western media tends to favour the non-Chinese "side" in most issues, and that some people are anti-China before looking at the issues from multiple sources; in general people don't believe the Chinese press merely because it's the Chinese press. I don't find the Chinese press more biased than any other press most of the time, but I always try and check multiple sources.

I think that people thinking Japanese skaters will be unsafe is an overreaction. The protests are over for starters, the majority of people don't know who they are, and those who do know they are, support skating.

vCash
    Bloomberg: Audi Asked China Dealership to Remove Anti-Japan Banner
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ealership.html
    The banner at an Chinese Audi dealership reads, "Even if the whole of China is covered with tombs, [we] must kill all Japanese; even if no grass grows in China…."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko View Post
    Bloomberg: Audi Asked China Dealership to Remove Anti-Japan Banner
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ealership.html
    The banner at an Chinese Audi dealership reads, "Even if the whole of China is covered with tombs, [we] must kill all Japanese; even if no grass grows in China…."
    There were some similarly appalling banners at the protests I saw

vCash
    From what I read in papers, Japanese school in China was closed and some Japanese nationals living in China were forced by protesters to write down on a piece of paper that the island belongs to China. Moreover, Japanese raced dogs (don't know how you call them) were killed.

Thus. if JSF decides not to send their skaters, I would understand. They might not be safe in the hotel or on their way to the rink.

It's sad when you know that the chinese government is actually the one encouraging their people to do all this. Punching and killing ain't protest, it's crime. And they should have send their athletes to Japan (was it badminton ?) because there is absolutely no danger in Japan, and hey! think about the ahtletes who've been training for years for the competitions.

Now, what should I do with my tickets ?

vCash
    The Japanese school was only very briefly closed, it's open now. The protests have ended, everything was back to normal last weekend, even near the Japanese embassy (though I don't know if it's open, there are no longer any protests or road closures).

The Japanese have no love for the Chinese ratatouille, the feelings are mutual on both sides. IF the JSF choose not to send their skaters, it's probably because they want to send a statement, more than its because they actually believe their skaters will be unsafe. There's nothing wrong with that, but it will be politics, not safety. Which is sad for the skaters, and those who want to see the skaters.

vCash
    Actually many Japanese are afraid of going to China. My friend's business trip scheduled in next month was cancelled.

Food safety in China was already in question even before this incident. Remember melamine-tainted milk? The frozen dumplings exported to Japan were contaminated with a pesticide. Now we fear for something worse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_sa...ublic_of_China

An article about doping and meat products in China:

Chinese Athletes Unknowingly Go Meatless for 2012 Olympics
    http://vegwire.com/chinese-athletes-...ympics/222560/
    Last edited by mikeko; 09-26-2012 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
    From what I read in papers, Japanese school in China was closed and some Japanese nationals living in China were forced by protesters to write down on a piece of paper that the island belongs to China. Moreover, Japanese raced dogs (don't know how you call them) were killed.

Thus. if JSF decides not to send their skaters, I would understand. They might not be safe in the hotel or on their way to the rink.

It's sad when you know that the chinese government is actually the one encouraging their people to do all this. Punching and killing ain't protest, it's crime. And they should have send their athletes to Japan (was it badminton ?) because there is absolutely no danger in Japan, and hey! think about the ahtletes who've been training for years for the competitions.

Now, what should I do with my tickets ?
    Can you provide a link to the stories?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    One professional cycling team with a Japanese sponsor has pulled out of the Tour of Beijing. Other teams with Japanese sponsors are still planning to attend.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast