Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ziggy again."

vCash
    I like his ponytail. It's just his signature thing. Without it, he may not be as memorable. Though if anyone is handy with photoshop, I'd love to see a picture of him with the pony chopped off - maybe it would look good, who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    He'd win a quarter turn of rotation in his 3A if he had a more aerodynamic haircut.
    This is an interesting connotation, I wonder if this is so. Perhaps if he cut his hair he would be more aerodynamic and be able to finish his rotation?? Interesting...

vCash
    Well, Surya Bonaly was doing quads with her haircut in 1991...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    This is an interesting connotation, I wonder if this is so. Perhaps if he cut his hair he would be more aerodynamic and be able to finish his rotation?? Interesting...
    I almost wrote the same thing!

I didn't because Jason is a good guy and didn't want him to be hurt, but the thought did occur to me.

(I work in aviation; aircraft and aerodynamics fascinates me)
    Last edited by crzesk8dad; 09-23-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    No! I predict by the time his hair length reaches his waistline, his 3A will be perfection. And if he allows his hair to grow even longer, he will master the quads when his hair reaches his (sexy) hips.

vCash
    Wow, I didn't think my saying "Jason would look cute with a hair cut" would upset so many. Sorry. Maybe it's not the pony tail as much as it is the part in his hair that makes his hair look so flat. Anyway, I miss Adam Rippon's lovely curls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    Wow, I didn't think my saying "Jason would look cute with a hair cut" would upset so many.
    Some fans tend to read anything into something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    Wow, I didn't think my saying "Jason would look cute with a hair cut" would upset so many. Sorry. Maybe it's not the pony tail as much as it is the part in his hair that makes his hair look so flat. Anyway, I miss Adam Rippon's lovely curls.
    First, if you've ever seen pics or vids of him at practice/outside the rink, you would see that his hair is only "flat" when he's in competition mode. It's actually very wavy otherwise.

Second, the part that your original post seemed to miss was that it's HIS CHOICE to cut/not cut.

Third, he is cute anyway. Gorgeous. He looks like a Prince from a fairytale, ready to come riding in and save us all.

vCash
    I seriously don't see the big deal. When people decide to freak out at Denney for her appearance choices, I never see people defend her this much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    I seriously don't see the big deal. When people decide to freak out at Denney for her appearance choices, I never see people defend her this much.
    Well, that's her fans' fault, isn't it?

I happen to think Jason is a wonderful skater and he seems like an amazing young man who is intelligent, down-to-earth and thoughtful. And yet some people are fussing - some even can't watch him! - because of a totally insignificant detail like his hair.

Of course I'm going to get a little huffy, it's a completely ridiculous reason to not like someone. All the talk about Jason at the moment SHOULD be about his lovely performances in Turkey, the 3A attempt, the flutz calls, you know, his SKATING. Instead, someone decides that "waaah, I don't like his hair, he should change it".
    Last edited by misskarne; 09-24-2012 at 05:14 AM.

vCash
    This is a little side conversation, which is why it's in the trash can. No one is saying they dislike him. There is no need to get so worked up. He is a wonderful skater and I do think the 3A will come soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    I almost wrote the same thing!

I didn't because Jason is a good guy and didn't want him to be hurt, but the thought did occur to me.

(I work in aviation; aircraft and aerodynamics fascinates me)
    That's what came to my mind, too. He could test this by tucking his hair in a swim cap. Actually, I've thought about the swim cap idea for ladies who practice big jumps wearing long thick pony tails. If it works, think of the costuming opportunities. More rhinestones!

vCash
    This is a little side conversation, which is why it's in the trash can. No one is saying they dislike him. There is no need to get so worked up. He is a wonderful skater and I do think the 3A will come soon.
    I do not understand why this conversation even had to happen.

And had it been Brezina, you would have been just as worked up. So don't get on that high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    That's what came to my mind, too. He could test this by tucking his hair in a swim cap. Actually, I've thought about the swim cap idea for ladies who practice big jumps wearing long thick pony tails. If it works, think of the costuming opportunities. More rhinestones!
    The music possibilities! "Surfin' USA" perhaps?

vCash
    If, and when, he does cut his hair, it would make a nice donation to Locks of Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I do not understand why this conversation even had to happen.

And had it been Brezina, you would have been just as worked up. So don't get on that high horse.

The music possibilities! "Surfin' USA" perhaps?
    I am not on any high horse. And if you admit to being a super freaky #1 fan fangirl, I will understand why you get worked up because yes if it was Michal I would be out here guns blazing defending him . But other than that, I really don't see the big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    If, and when, he does cut his hair, it would make a nice donation to Locks of Love.
    Isn't that a scam? I had heard it was.

At any rate, what he does with it if he cuts it is his business, the same as the decision to cut.

I am not on any high horse. And if you admit to being a super freaky #1 fan fangirl, I will understand why you get worked up because yes if it was Michal I would be out here guns blazing defending him . But other than that, I really don't see the big deal.
    You were the one telling me there was no need to get worked up.

Why do I have to admit to being a super freaky #1 fan fangirl? I am certainly not psycho-obsessed with Jason as you appear to be with Brezina. At any rate the #1 Jason Fan tag is already taken - by Joshua Farris.

I am tired of this discussion and tired of people thinking that people should do things because THEY don't like it. If Jason wants to keep his hair long, let him, because he looks wonderful with it.

vCash
    Jason should do whatever he wants with his hair.

I don't like the way he currently looks with his hair. When I first saw him, I thought he resembled Kimmie Meissner, and now that thought afflicts me whenever I see him skate.

vCash
    I am tired of this discussion and tired of people thinking that people should do things because THEY don't like it. If Jason wants to keep his hair long, let him, because he looks wonderful with it.
    Totally agree! Why should an athlete cater to fans' opinion about what looks good or bad on them?

Besides, no other male skater (that I know of) on the international competition level wears a pony tail. If anything it makes Jason Brown unique (not that he needs any proof other than his skating). It makes a statement about who he is. I would take that over "looking cute or handsome or sexy" any day. There are plenty of cute, handsome, sexy male skaters on this level with impeccably cut and styled and zero-risk hair, but there is only one Jason Brown.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Maybe Jason Brown fans can stop posting in this thread and post in the The Joshua and Jason Uber Thread! instead?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Isn't that a scam? I had heard it was.

At any rate, what he does with it if he cuts it is his business, the same as the decision to cut.

You were the one telling me there was no need to get worked up.

Why do I have to admit to being a super freaky #1 fan fangirl? I am certainly not psycho-obsessed with Jason as you appear to be with Brezina. At any rate the #1 Jason Fan tag is already taken - by Joshua Farris.

Everyone has things they think people should change. It's not a demand, it's just an opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast