Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wish Jason Brown would change hair style

The part in the middle of his hair is so old fashioned. The ponytail needs to go too. He would look cute if he cut his hair. What does everyone think?

vCash
    I think it's completely, 110% UP TO JASON. If he likes it, then he can keep it; if he wants to change it he can change it.

And actually, I really like the ponytail and the part. He has the facial structure for it - quite a long face. The overall effect is very Master-and-Commander-ish, he looks quite regal. And it suits him.

I think he would look rather odd with short hair, but that's just me.

I only hope that if he does decide to cut it, it's his own decision and not influenced by negative feedback from anyone.

vCash
    Would be interesting to see him without his pony tail. But that is his choice. Perhaps, pony tail will be his signature look.

vCash
    I love Jason Brown and his ponytail, which Johnny Weir characterized as ready to "do some damage" at 2011 U.S. Nats!

And for GSD, I doubt this is "breaking news."

Would however a clip of JB landing that elusive 3-Axel be considered "breaking news"?

Whatever, I love Jason Brown, his ponytail, his smile, his sweetness, his amazing talent, and his budding rivalry with Joshua Farris. Rather than wanting to change anything, I'm anticipating great enjoyment in watching their skating careers unfold, and wishing them both all the best!

ETA:

I see from the JGP Istanbul sp clip in Jason/ Josh Uber Thread in Trash Can that Jason landed a two-footed 3-axel with good height and air position! Good for him. Keep working on mastering it, Jason!
    Last edited by aftershocks; 09-22-2012 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    I like Jason's hair the way it is. He should continue to wear it that way as long as he wants to.

vCash
    HE'll do it when he grows up.

vCash
    Would Jason possibly look better without the ponytail? Yes. Would Plushenko look better with a different haircut? Yes. Several other skaters? Yes.

It's up to Jason. I hope he doesn't get stuck in a decision one way or another. There was a time when Surya Bonaly was never going to cut her hair. Thank heaven she didn't stick with that decision. Plushenko has stuck with his hair style decision. Good idea? I don't think so. Does my opinion count? Not at all.

I will say Jason's hair style does affect my enjoyment of his skating. That's my problem and I know it. However, I bet some judges feel the same as I do.

Would my hair look better in a different style? Most likely.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 09-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    He'd win a quarter turn of rotation in his 3A if he had a more aerodynamic haircut. A mullet please!!

vCash
    I think he should concentrate more on his skating than his hair. Something you should try to do as well.

vCash
    I think this thread belongs in the trash can...

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmarch View Post
    I think he should concentrate more on his skating than his hair. Something you should try to do as well.
    EYS. And, with respect to the original poster, it's always ironic when, more often than not, it's those who have no look who are doing the criticizing of those that do.

vCash
    Jason asked his fans what they thought a little over a year ago, and the decision was very split, so Jason decided to keep it.

vCash
    What the heck is this thread? Why is it in GSD? -_-

I like his hair. I don't care if he dyes it neon green and adds dancing gnomes. It's his hair, he can do with it whatever he pleases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Whatever, I love Jason Brown, his ponytail, his smile, his sweetness, his amazing talent, and his budding rivalry with Joshua Farris. Rather than wanting to change anything, I'm anticipating great enjoyment in watching their skating careers unfold, and wishing them both all the best!

ETA:

I see from the JGP Istanbul sp clip in Jason/ Josh Uber Thread in Trash Can that Jason landed a two-footed 3-axel with good height and air position! Good for him. Keep working on mastering it, Jason!
    Said it all! He is such a delightful young man. And the friendship/rivalry with Joshua Farris is so awesome.

He landed one in the LP too, two-footed and UR but he stayed upright and the air position was nice again.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    He'd win a quarter turn of rotation in his 3A if he had a more aerodynamic haircut. A mullet please!!
    That only works for Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I think this thread belongs in the trash can...
    The literal one, although some of the responses are funny

Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    EYS. And, with respect to the original poster, it's always ironic when, more often than not, it's those who have no look who are doing the criticizing of those that do.
    Indeed, the OP is just jealous of Jason's fabulousness.

I actually like the way Jason does his hair for competitions. In practice vids his hair is quite wavy/curly and wispy, but in competitions he must use a ton of stuff on it because it's always very straight and neat.

vCash
    I remember him along time ago (Juv?) and it was longer! I love it! (and I like Adam's curls better, too).
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    I remember him along time ago (Juv?) and it was longer! I love it! (and I like Adam's curls better, too).
    Even in the videos/photos from Novice it was a lot longer than it is now. It started to get shorter in Junior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    ... That only works for Russians...

In the GSD thread re Adam's coaching change, there was an interesting discussion re the physics of jumping and the importance of proper technique as trumping body build in relation to jumping success ... Guess we can add "length of hair" as also being a non-factor re 3-axel and quad jumping success. If it were a factor, surely all the guys would be rushing out to get their heads shaved!!

vCash
    I hope it's ok I post this link:
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/07/b...ept-a-haircut/

It's from last year, but still relevant. Notice last paragraph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    The part in the middle of his hair is so old fashioned. The ponytail needs to go too. He would look cute if he cut his hair. What does everyone think?
    OH MY GOD THIS

He's more or less the most interesting skater ever.

The attention to detail in his programs is just astounding.

But the hair... Oh god, the hair...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I think it's completely, 110% UP TO JASON. If he likes it, then he can keep it; if he wants to change it he can change it.
    Well you might believe in such "freedom of choice" nonsense but I am all for a fascist dictatorship where I get to decide on the skaters' appearances.

And then it will be:

1) SNIP SNIP for Jason Brown
    2) A make-under for Caydee Denney

and it's just the beginning!

Who knows maybe one day we'd even get to a point where Plushenko doesn't have his haircut done by his mum cutting all the hair that sticks out of the big saucepan she holds over his head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast