Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    I have 7 screens where I have my app shortcuts arranged in ABC order, first tools and then games grouped separately, with the tools I use the most often on the home screen. The Zedge app provides me with free images that I use for home/lock screens. I would go nuts if I got stuck with a phone that doesn't allow for customization.
    I have 9 screens with most used on first, then the rest in folders I have named arranged in alphabetical order. I could have used free images as my background, but instead I chose a photo I took. I have an iPhone.

vCash
    I LOVE iCloud!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I LOVE iCloud!!!!
    I don't understand it...and I have two iMacs, and iPad 1, iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. Can you explain it to me as if I'm a little kid?

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    It's an online backup service. You get 5GB of storage free.

Might not be cost-effective for your iMacs and iPads, but at least for your iPhone, it's a good way to back up just your contacts, notes, photos, and settings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    I don't understand it...and I have two iMacs, and iPad 1, iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. Can you explain it to me as if I'm a little kid?
    All I did to transfer my stuff to my new device is to log on to iTunes then go to purchases and click on the clouds. Everything I clicked on was transferred. But I believe first you have to go to settings and turn on the iCloud service. I did the same thing to transfer my music. Hopes that helps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    It's an online backup service. You get 5GB of storage free.

Might not be cost-effective for your iMacs and iPads, but at least for your iPhone, it's a good way to back up just your contacts, notes, photos, and settings.
    All I did to transfer my stuff to my new device is to log on to iTunes then go to purchases and click on the clouds. Everything I clicked on was transferred. But I believe first you have to go to settings and turn on the iCloud service. I did the same thing to transfer my music. Hopes that helps.
    But as my things are all on all my devices (and iTunes), do I still need it?

vCash
    I would say yes. It is a great tool to have.

vCash
    I would say yes. It is a great tool to have.
    Why?

vCash
    Did you get an iPhone?

But as my things are all on all my devices (and iTunes), do I still need it?
    How are all of your things on all of your devices? Do you have iCloud on them already and are they automatically sharing? If you bought any of them within the last year, they are pre-set for iCloud. What is nice about it is that you don't have to physically transfer anything between your devices. If you have iCloud on, on all of them, they automatically share the applications you check to share. For instance, you may want to share all photos, but not music - you check photos and do not check music. It really does make things easier.

vCash
    No phone yet. My contract does not end until December so I will get one in time for Christmas.

vCash
    No phone yet. My contract does not end until December so I will get one in time for Christmas.
    Oh, based on one of your posts, I thought maybe you found a way to get one (wish, wish).

vCash
    Okay, information re: OS6 download. The Passbook app that will not allow you to connect to the iTunes Store... I tried to download a different app and the same thing happened. So, I went into settings and found that Music, Apps, and Use Cellular Data had turned off with the download. If you go and turn them back on - it works!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Oh, based on one of your posts, I thought maybe you found a way to get one (wish, wish).
    I was told I can buy out my contract and still keep my number. If true I might just be able to do just that.

vCash
    I was told I can buy out my contract and still keep my number. If true I might just be able to do just that.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

vCash
    Thanks! I want one soooooo bad!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    How are all of your things on all of your devices? Do you have iCloud on them already and are they automatically sharing? If you bought any of them within the last year, they are pre-set for iCloud. What is nice about it is that you don't have to physically transfer anything between your devices. If you have iCloud on, on all of them, they automatically share the applications you check to share. For instance, you may want to share all photos, but not music - you check photos and do not check music. It really does make things easier.
    They're all synced to the same iTunes, so they all have the same things (I have the largest memory on all of them). My iPhone only has my 20 most recent albums, but I have photos backed up elsewhere (lots of places). I just don't see the point of iCloud.

vCash
    They're all synced to the same iTunes, so they all have the same things (I have the largest memory on all of them). My iPhone only has my 20 most recent albums, but I have photos backed up elsewhere (lots of places). I just don't see the point of iCloud.
    I find it's most useful for photos. I don't have to do anything to share between my iPhone, iPad, & iMac. Whatever I take with my phone automatically shares with the other devices. And when I upload from my camera to my Mac it shares with the other two. It's seamless.

vCash
    Doesn't photostream do that anyway? (I hate photostream)

vCash
    Doesn't photostream do that anyway? (I hate photostream)
    I use iCloud to stream my photos.

vCash
    My iPad 2 crashed twice in the last few weeks, and because I do not use iCloud, it resets to factory settings. Lost lots of photos from my iPad (that are also on my PC, which is backed up frequently, and on other memory devices (thumb drives, DVD's, etc.). Getting very frustrated with the iPad -- it will not even turn on now, and it is less than a year old.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast