Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone5

vCash
    You could take it back to your nearest Apple store and they will replace it for you.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    My iPad 2 crashed twice in the last few weeks, and because I do not use iCloud, it resets to factory settings. Lost lots of photos from my iPad (that are also on my PC, which is backed up frequently, and on other memory devices (thumb drives, DVD's, etc.). Getting very frustrated with the iPad -- it will not even turn on now, and it is less than a year old.
    Wow, I've never had mine crash, but if its screen just won't turn on, press the centre and on button together unless you get a flashing apple. That sets most apple products back to normal (not reset, back as it was before).

It should also still be under warranty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    The only reason I got an iPhone was because all the other smartphones I looked at had screens that were way too big and I wouldn't be able to fit them in my pocket.
    That's the one thing that freaks me out about this phone - the HUGE touch screen in the front. Going from a much smaller flip-phone to the S II presented its share of hazards, like when I dropped it on the floor one time. There is now a tiny crack up in the very corner, thankfully away from the actual view-screen, and I went straight out to the Sprint Store the next day and bought a Ballistics case that at least protects the phone back, the corners and the screen (assuming it doesn't hit a corner or edge of something. When I go out riding and take the phone with me I wrap it up in a bandanna and put it in my saddle bag.

vCash
    I finally bought the Samsung Galaxy 3 over the Iphone 5, just got it a few days ago. I prefer the SG3 cuz of the big screen, love watching my videos, and especially skating and tennis videos on Youtube. I'm with TMobile, and I pay just $60 before tax for everything unlimited: texts, minutes, and data plan (2 GB)! As for the big size of my new phone, I'm totally fine with it cuz it fits perfectly in my hand. Apple is finally on the bandwagon, increasing its screen size on their new Iphone 5.

vCash
    My iPad 2 crashed twice in the last few weeks, and because I do not use iCloud, it resets to factory settings. Lost lots of photos from my iPad (that are also on my PC, which is backed up frequently, and on other memory devices (thumb drives, DVD's, etc.). Getting very frustrated with the iPad -- it will not even turn on now, and it is less than a year old.
    Absolutely take it to an Apple store and set up an appointment with a genius. Depending on what the problem is, they can reinstall the operating system, replace innards, or (if it's not fixable and still under warrantee) replace it. Don't wait! Do it as soon as you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    I finally bought the Samsung Galaxy 3 over the Iphone 5, just got it a few days ago. I prefer the SG3 cuz of the big screen, love watching my videos, and especially skating and tennis videos on Youtube. I'm with TMobile, and I pay just $60 before tax for everything unlimited: texts, minutes, and data plan (2 GB)! As for the big size of my new phone, I'm totally fine with it cuz it fits perfectly in my hand. Apple is finally on the bandwagon, increasing its screen size on their new Iphone 5.
    I also have an S3 and love it for its size. I don't see myself getting a tablet anytime soon, so this made sense. Plus, I'd bought a number of previous chargers for my blackberry bold, and can use them with my new phone! And with a removable battery, I can purchase an extra one.

I really struggled between this and the iPhone 5. They both seem like such great phones. I knew I'd be happy with whatever I got, and I am! And it was cheaper.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Oh my, is the map ap bad I just looked at it. They've changed half the place names in London. All the boroughs are right, that I can see, but areas tend to be named after the local tube station rather than churches. They've changed the name of where I live, where I work and where I grew up. WHY?!!!

I've bought a 4s off a co-worker who upgraded to the 5. I love Android, but hate my useless HTC. I think I might sell the iphone on to another co-worker. It's not for me. It's pretty, but Android is better value for money and google aps are far superior.

Such a shame. If IOS 6 is anything to go by, Apple has peaked and is on the slide...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I don't understand why people are up in arms about the maps, actually. You can still use google maps if you want to.

vCash
    I have found the new iPhone map to be fine. Maybe it has something to do with where you live? Or possibly your carrier?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Oh my, is the map ap bad I just looked at it. They've changed half the place names in London. All the boroughs are right, that I can see, but areas tend to be named after the local tube station rather than churches. They've changed the name of where I live, where I work and where I grew up. WHY?!!!
    They changed the data providers for map info so the new provider must name things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    I don't understand why people are up in arms about the maps, actually. You can still use google maps if you want to.
    I haven't found Google Maps on a Browser on my iPhone to be very usable. The Map app is much better in terms of UI.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I have found the new iPhone map to be fine. Maybe it has something to do with where you live? Or possibly your carrier?
    Definitely not your carrier. But probably where you live. I know I used to work near Google and the details on the Maps app surrounding their headquarters were much better than some other areas I would travel through.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I forgot to say that someone at work has the Galaxy 2 and she's SO proud of it but I thought she had some off-market phone when I first saw it as it was so big and clunky. The Galaxy 3 is much sexier but I'm not going to change over for it as I recently got an iPhone 4s.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I forgot to say that someone at work has the Galaxy 2 and she's SO proud of it but I thought she had some off-market phone when I first saw it as it was so big and clunky. The Galaxy 3 is much sexier but I'm not going to change over for it as I recently got an iPhone 4s.
    One reason I ended up with the S2 was because it had over 800 reviews on the online Sprint Store and a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. I read a couple reviews, read the specs over and had one in my hot little hands 2 days later. I love mine; the 3G works fast enough that when my hard drive on my PC died a month ago I decided not to replace it, resurrected my older PC that can do everything else but go online, and cancelled my Road Runner, making my phone my only Internet connection.

vCash
    I saw that Galaxy S3 and I am liking it! I'm going to have to start researching reliability and longevity of Galaxy. I don't want my next phone to start going out around the 1.5 year mark like my previous LG EnV Touch and my current HTC Incredible. grrrr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Absolutely take it to an Apple store and set up an appointment with a genius. Depending on what the problem is, they can reinstall the operating system, replace innards, or (if it's not fixable and still under warrantee) replace it. Don't wait! Do it as soon as you can.
    The store replaced my iPad for me today. They could not get the old one to start either. Really hope I don't have this much trouble with the new one.

vCash
    The store replaced my iPad for me today. They could not get the old one to start either. Really hope I don't have this much trouble with the new one.
    Excellent! They are really good about replacing things. I had an Airport go, about 6 months ago. It was about 2 weeks out of warrantee. But, the genius replaced it anyway. Of course 6 weeks ago (or so) we got hit by lightning and it fried the Airport. So, I had to buy a new one anyway. This time the insurance company paid for it.

Your new one should be fine. Every once in a while, you just get a lemon. Fortunately Apple takes care of their customers, when that does happen.

vCash
    I finally updated my Iphone4S the other day and it seems that all the icons for my apps have disappeared - I have to go to the APP store every time to search and open them.

Anyone know how I can restore them on a permanent basis?

Thanks.

ETA: problem is solved - for some reason there is a blank screen between my basic settnigs and all the apps that were downloaded.
    Last edited by harekrishna43; 09-27-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: solved the problem

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Good to know I made the right decision in not updating my 4S. If the maps are that bad for London, goodness knows what they'd be like for over here.

And yes cruisin we know that you have had no problems and that Apple is the saviour of all mankind.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    I thought I'd test Google Maps in the browser, to see if it did all the same things. There are a couple of major differences from the app that affect its usability. Firstly, you can't see both the map and directions on the same screen, like you can with the app, and I also couldn't get it to find my location using the phone's GPS, like the app does (I think it's meant to do that, but I couldn't get it to work). So, it's really not the same.

As Google Maps is one of the few apps I actually use frequently, I'm sticking with my decision not to update to the new operating system on iPhone4. I never had any intention of imminently updating the phone itself, as the 4 still works perfectly well.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    I have never had any problems with Apple either. One of the main reasons I will stick to Apple is the customer service. My last phone was also a Blackberry and I LOVED it. But one day it just stopped working and no matter what number I called or where I went no one, especially at Rogers, could help. Had to pay full price to replace it. To be fair it did have water damage in the past. As for the maps, I remember a long time ago there was a mapping service online which got the name of Toronto's Yonge Street wrong. That I believe has since changed so in time with greater user input Apple maps will also get better. I have never really trusted online maps anyway and always have the paper one on hand when traveling to unfamiliar territory. LOL
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Paper maps

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast