Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone5

vCash

iPhone5

Haven't seen anything on this yet. Anyone get one?

I did download the OS6 to my iPhone4s, which is free! Easy as pie. Didn't lose my apps either. My husband did his on his phone, I did mine through my iMac. Only difference the phone download took 20 minutes. The computer download took 10 minutes. The phone is faster. Siri seems to understand me better. And, best of all, the map now has vocal navigation. Definitely worth the 10 - 20 minutes to update!

vCash
    I think my iPhone 4s took all of five minutes to update. No problems so far!

vCash
    Have to wait until my contract is up before I can get my hands on one of the new iPhones.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I think my iPhone 4s took all of five minutes to update. No problems so far!

That's great, when did you do it? My husband did his last night, I did mine this morning. I wonder if traffic had anything to do with download times?

vCash
    Yesterday afternoon. I was scared, a bit, because a friend of mine lost everything on his phone when he did it but, again, it all went well for me.

So far.

vCash
    My phone took 20 minutes. My husband's, more than 5 hours!!! Seriously.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Well, my 4S was stolen along with everything else in my car so I am waiting on the 5. Nothing yet.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Have to wait until my contract is up before I can get my hands on one of the new iPhones.
    Do you have the 4s? If you do, you can download the new operating system for free.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Yesterday afternoon. I was scared, a bit, because a friend of mine lost everything on his phone when he did it but, again, it all went well for me.

So far.
    I was worried, myself. My son's girlfriend told me that she lost apps when she did an upgrade on her iPad. So, I called Apple and asked them. They said I would probably lose my apps. but that I could reinstall them from my iTunes account. That would have been a pain in the butt. Glad I didn't have to do that.

Wow Twizzler, that's a loooong time!

vCash
    Ahem..... Nope.... Blackberry

vCash
    Ahem..... Nope.... Blackberry
    at the : How much longer is your contract? You will love the iPhone.

vCash
    About four months. It will be a hard loooong wait.

vCash
    About four months. It will be a hard loooong wait.
    But worth it. Heard there were some Blackberry problems in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. I don't think the US was effected though. I'm not sure what it was. Something about them not connecting to the wireless providers. Outages of some kind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Well, my 4S was stolen along with everything else in my car so I am waiting on the 5. Nothing yet.
    There are less complicated ways to upgrade your phone.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I have the iPhone 5. Came via FedEx yesterday. Everything is super fast now and works great.

There have also been vBets on this topic, but, as the saying goes, you snooze, you lose.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84910
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84913
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85031

vCash
    OMG! I am soooo jealous!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Did you have Find my iPhone (a free iCloud service) installed? If so, you could potentially track the phone down, which may also lead to information on the rest of your belongings and on the thieves themselves.

vCash
    I've been hearing complaints about the new Maps on iPhone 5. They no longer use the Google maps, but an ap made by Apple. Complaints include poor directions and places that are not recognized by the ap. CNN did an investigation into this and in DC, the new map ap could not find the CNN office or a common hotel chain. Apple's comment to CNN was, yes there are some problems but as people use the ap and imput their suggestions the map ap will get better.

vCash
    I might ask for the iPhone 5 for Christmas. I want one so badly.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Which is all really nitpicking since:
    1) first of all, it's an app, and it's not only on the iPhone 5, it's going to be in iOS 6 for all Apple devices now
    2) if you want to use Google Maps, you can do so by going to Google Maps within Safari and then bookmarking it as a shortcut on your home screen.

I did try the Apple Maps feature yesterday on a route I know very well, and it was graphically rich (pseudo-3D), beautiful, and intuitive, adjusting seamlessly to deliberate changes I made in my route. Basically renders all GPS devices redundant.

All the other features work beautifully and while no single feature is necessarily the best out there, the sum is greater than the parts. The phone as a whole is really simple and intuitive to use and is one of the best out there on the market right now. I went out with a huge bunch of folks last night, some of whom had the Samsung Galaxy S III (a much-hyped competitor) and were decidedly underwhelmed with the Samsung.

Overall, the iPhone 5 reflects a series of incremental improvements over the 4S. If you have a similar-quality phone or an iPhone 4S, then there's really no need to switch or upgrade right now. In my case, I had a 2008 iPhone 3G which was totally obsolete, and which I happened to lose in the back of an NYC taxi cab the other week, but fortunately just in time for the iPhone 5 announcement and pre-sale.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 09-22-2012 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    I am planning to get one in a few weeks, though I may change my mind Monday when I see it at work.(One of my co-workers got his on Friday.). I am going to be away for a few days in October, and I don't want it to be delivered while I'm away, so I may just wait. I have an iPhone4, and so I'm really looking forward to the new one! I also have to decide if I will stay with AT&T, so that may delay my decision. I probably will, but we'll see...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast