Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Gwenyth Paltrow was truly like the box of stale raisins in the bag of Halloween Candy.
    Add in a box of candy corn and a bruised apple, and that's about right.

I will say I enjoyed her in Shallow Hal when she was in the fat suit. Was that even her in the fat suit?

vCash
    I don't think Gwyneth was the weakest out of the nominees the year she was won. That goes to Ms. Streep in that Lifetime movie. Her nomination should've went to Ally Sheedy (I know I know) for High Art.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I don't think Gwyneth was the weakest out of the nominees the year she was won. That goes to Ms. Streep in that Lifetime movie. Her nomination should've went to Ally Sheedy (I know I know) for High Art.
    Was that the awful one where she played a violin teacher?

I don't really read much about Gwyneth Paltrow, but any film I've seen her in I've quite liked her.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I like her in Hush, The Talented Mr, Ripley, Shallow Hal, Royal Tenenbuams and that is it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I don't really read much about Gwyneth Paltrow, but any film I've seen her in I've quite liked her.
    Me, too. She glowed all the way through SIL. Cate Blanchett was wonderful that year, too, but I have no problem with Paltrow's win.

vCash
    Just caught The Talented Mr Ripley on TV and re-watched it and I found her a bit wooden as usual. I liked her in Shallow Hal. The character is supposed to be a little shy and awkward and she captured that, quite naturally.

But I don't have an issue with her letting kids watching French or Spanish TV only. Her kids will grow up in the US and they will easily learn English. Instilling as much French and Spanish now won't stop them from speaking perfect English.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genegri View Post
    But I don't have an issue with her letting kids watching French or Spanish TV only. Her kids will grow up in the US and they will easily learn English. Instilling as much French and Spanish now won't stop them from speaking perfect English.
    Don't they live in England? Either way, same result.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genegri View Post
    Just caught The Talented Mr Ripley on TV and re-watched it and I found her a bit wooden as usual. I liked her in Shallow Hal. The character is supposed to be a little shy and awkward and she captured that, quite naturally.

I don't think anyone has an issue with her kids watching Spanish/French language TV. It's her holier than thou attitude. As if she is the only mother who gets it. And the way she has dissed the Americans in the past. Um, you're American Gwyneth, get over yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Was that the awful one where she played a violin teacher?

It's the one in which she played a cancer victim who had a strained relationship with her daughter played by Renee Zellweger. Yawn.

I've come to terms that I'm in the minority with Gwyneth Paltrow. I found her performance to be way better than Blanchet's OTT performance in Elizabeth. Weird because I prefer Blanchet as an actress. The Oscar would've went to Fernanda Montenegro for me.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    It's the one in which she played a cancer victim who had a strained relationship with her daughter played by Renee Zellweger. Yawn.

I've come to terms that I'm in the minority with Gwyneth Paltrow. I found her performance to be way better than Blanchet's OTT performance in Elizabeth. Weird because I prefer Blanchet as an actress. The Oscar would've went to Fernanda Montenegro for me.
    I can't give her a fair judgement as an actress, since she annoys me so much as a person. I don't think she's the worst actress who ever lived, but close.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Wait aren't Renee and Gwyneth the same age?!
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Wait aren't Renee and Gwyneth the same age?!
    I was talking about Meryl Streep in the movie One True Thing for which she was nominated for. I thought she was the weakest of the five that year, not Paltrow.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Oh.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Well, if they're watching children's programs in French or Spanish (of the Sesame Street/Electric Company variety), they'll probably learn some of the language.

That said, Gwyneth does seem incredibly pretentious.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    OMG, thanks to this thread I've discovered Goop! (I think she misspells the name though, what would be the British spelling? "Go-op"? "Goöp"?) She should get a special Oscar for the most epic inadvertent comedy ever!

vCash
    If A Clockwork Orange is remade, the film the main character is forced to watch over and over should be something starring Gwyneth, Renee Zellweger, Madonna, and Lily Taylor. Two overly pretentious bad actors, and two bad actors who look like narcoleptic lemon suckers. Dianne Wiest can be the mom, but I sort of like her.

I think even Tori Spelling is a better actress than Miss Gwynnie, who is in turn quite a bit better than Madonna, but less talented than Renee, who is slightly less irritating than Lily.

Then again, if Point Break is on TV, I never miss it. You're going down, Boddhi.

vCash
    Did you not see I Shot Andy Warhol? Lili Taylor was mind-blowingly amazing in that.

vCash
    I would not taking parenting tips from anyone who would name her children Apple and Moses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    I would not taking parenting tips from anyone who would name her children Apple and Moses.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    Maybe she was inspired by Olga Markova's rendition of "Let My People Go."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast