Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 104
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    625
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Gwenyth Paltrow was truly like the box of stale raisins in the bag of Halloween Candy.
    Add in a box of candy corn and a bruised apple, and that's about right.

    I will say I enjoyed her in Shallow Hal when she was in the fat suit. Was that even her in the fat suit?

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,848
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39886
    I don't think Gwyneth was the weakest out of the nominees the year she was won. That goes to Ms. Streep in that Lifetime movie. Her nomination should've went to Ally Sheedy (I know I know) for High Art.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  3. #83
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    42,395
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    25256
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I don't think Gwyneth was the weakest out of the nominees the year she was won. That goes to Ms. Streep in that Lifetime movie. Her nomination should've went to Ally Sheedy (I know I know) for High Art.
    Was that the awful one where she played a violin teacher?

    I don't really read much about Gwyneth Paltrow, but any film I've seen her in I've quite liked her.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,696
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I like her in Hush, The Talented Mr, Ripley, Shallow Hal, Royal Tenenbuams and that is it.

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,107
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I don't really read much about Gwyneth Paltrow, but any film I've seen her in I've quite liked her.
    Me, too. She glowed all the way through SIL. Cate Blanchett was wonderful that year, too, but I have no problem with Paltrow's win.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    849
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just caught The Talented Mr Ripley on TV and re-watched it and I found her a bit wooden as usual. I liked her in Shallow Hal. The character is supposed to be a little shy and awkward and she captured that, quite naturally.

    But I don't have an issue with her letting kids watching French or Spanish TV only. Her kids will grow up in the US and they will easily learn English. Instilling as much French and Spanish now won't stop them from speaking perfect English.

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,911
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2529
    Quote Originally Posted by genegri View Post
    But I don't have an issue with her letting kids watching French or Spanish TV only. Her kids will grow up in the US and they will easily learn English. Instilling as much French and Spanish now won't stop them from speaking perfect English.
    Don't they live in England? Either way, same result.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genegri View Post
    Just caught The Talented Mr Ripley on TV and re-watched it and I found her a bit wooden as usual. I liked her in Shallow Hal. The character is supposed to be a little shy and awkward and she captured that, quite naturally.

    But I don't have an issue with her letting kids watching French or Spanish TV only. Her kids will grow up in the US and they will easily learn English. Instilling as much French and Spanish now won't stop them from speaking perfect English.
    I don't think anyone has an issue with her kids watching Spanish/French language TV. It's her holier than thou attitude. As if she is the only mother who gets it. And the way she has dissed the Americans in the past. Um, you're American Gwyneth, get over yourself.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,848
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39886
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Was that the awful one where she played a violin teacher?

    I don't really read much about Gwyneth Paltrow, but any film I've seen her in I've quite liked her.
    It's the one in which she played a cancer victim who had a strained relationship with her daughter played by Renee Zellweger. Yawn.

    I've come to terms that I'm in the minority with Gwyneth Paltrow. I found her performance to be way better than Blanchet's OTT performance in Elizabeth. Weird because I prefer Blanchet as an actress. The Oscar would've went to Fernanda Montenegro for me.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    It's the one in which she played a cancer victim who had a strained relationship with her daughter played by Renee Zellweger. Yawn.

    I've come to terms that I'm in the minority with Gwyneth Paltrow. I found her performance to be way better than Blanchet's OTT performance in Elizabeth. Weird because I prefer Blanchet as an actress. The Oscar would've went to Fernanda Montenegro for me.
    I can't give her a fair judgement as an actress, since she annoys me so much as a person. I don't think she's the worst actress who ever lived, but close.

  11. #91
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,825
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    24455
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    It's the one in which she played a cancer victim who had a strained relationship with her daughter played by Renee Zellweger. Yawn.
    Wait aren't Renee and Gwyneth the same age?!
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  12. #92

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,848
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39886
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Wait aren't Renee and Gwyneth the same age?!
    I was talking about Meryl Streep in the movie One True Thing for which she was nominated for. I thought she was the weakest of the five that year, not Paltrow.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  13. #93
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,825
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    24455
    Oh.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  14. #94

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Partying with Oda
    Posts
    4,226
    vCash
    1799
    Rep Power
    34903
    Well, if they're watching children's programs in French or Spanish (of the Sesame Street/Electric Company variety), they'll probably learn some of the language.

    That said, Gwyneth does seem incredibly pretentious.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    Posts
    6,127
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    OMG, thanks to this thread I've discovered Goop! (I think she misspells the name though, what would be the British spelling? "Go-op"? "Goöp"?) She should get a special Oscar for the most epic inadvertent comedy ever!

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    625
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    If A Clockwork Orange is remade, the film the main character is forced to watch over and over should be something starring Gwyneth, Renee Zellweger, Madonna, and Lily Taylor. Two overly pretentious bad actors, and two bad actors who look like narcoleptic lemon suckers. Dianne Wiest can be the mom, but I sort of like her.

    I think even Tori Spelling is a better actress than Miss Gwynnie, who is in turn quite a bit better than Madonna, but less talented than Renee, who is slightly less irritating than Lily.

    Then again, if Point Break is on TV, I never miss it. You're going down, Boddhi.

  17. #97

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,848
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39886
    Did you not see I Shot Andy Warhol? Lili Taylor was mind-blowingly amazing in that.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,347
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I would not taking parenting tips from anyone who would name her children Apple and Moses.

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    I would not taking parenting tips from anyone who would name her children Apple and Moses.

  20. #100
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    I would not taking parenting tips from anyone who would name her children Apple and Moses.
    Maybe she was inspired by Olga Markova's rendition of "Let My People Go."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •