Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    The campaign part is pretty well documented (e.g. see the third paragraph of this story):
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/enter...mpaigns/45570/

The "close personal relationship" part - I guess it depends where you get your gossip from.....
    Oh - I totally believe the part about the campaign. As you pointed out, it's well documented.

I just don't see her having sex with Harvey W. **off to bleach my brain!**
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    but harvey's wife, georgina, is 100 times better looking than gwyneth and has her own $, a fact i have never been able to process
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Learning another language does not require banning television in their native language; they could watch both. And you can't deny that Gwyneth's pretentiousness is well-documented and may very well be her motive.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    The article does not say she doesn't let her kids watch English-speaking TV.

I am surprised that she lets her kids watch TV at all .
    Yeah, they might see their mother acting in something and realize what a bad actress she is.

Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    I think it's great to have kids watch TV in another language - but it's just the way she comes across. It's irritating.
    Completely agree.

Saw her interviewed after she did some cookbook, after traveling around with Mario Batali. You would have thought she was the first woman to ever cook. Beyond pretentious.

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    All this Gwenyth Paltrow hate is just so heart-warming! As much as I liked SIL, she did not deserve that Oscar, she was really the weakest perfomer of that crop. Cate Blanchett and Fernanda Montenegro out acted and outclassed her in every way possible.

Sadly, she's not even in the running for my worst Oscar Winner for BA. Julia Roberts, Helen Hunt, Meryl Streep( for Out of Africa, I like her in everything else, and think she should have won over my next mention especially) and Sandra Bullock actually make me spit up bile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    Sadly, she's not even in the running for my worst Oscar Winner for BA. Julia Roberts, Helen Hunt, Meryl Streep( for Out of Africa, I like her in everything else, and think she should have won over my next mention especially) and Sandra Bullock actually make me spit up bile.
    Meryl Streep didn't win the Best Actress Oscar in March 1986; Geraldine Page won for her performance in A Trip to Bountiful. Streep's two Best Actress wins were for Sophie's Choice and The Iron Lady, respectively. She won the award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Kramer vs. Kramer.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Meryl Streep didn't win the Best Actress Oscar in March 1986; Geraldine Page won for her performance in A Trip to Bountiful. Streep's two Best Actress wins were for Sophie's Choice and The Iron Lady, respectively. She won the award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Kramer vs. Kramer.
    I stand corrected, and YAY (26 years later even though I only saw the movie 3 years ago )
    This means Gwenyth is back in my five worst!

Re: Meryl Streep, I loved her in Kramer vs.Kramer and Sophie's Choice. I thought she would have been a very worthy winner over either Gwenyth or Sandra, but I just could not stand OofA, and for some reason I thought she had won for that role.

Back to Gwenyth... yeah, she's a twit. I knew people like her back in the day, but most people grew out of that pretentious phase after their teens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    Spanish is useful for many reasons, but at our facility, they explicitly do not allow for health professionals to speak to patients in non-English languages. They insist that trained medical interpreters be used.
    Wow, I'd be pretty annoyed as a physician if I had to waste time with a translator when I speak to my own Mom in Spanish. Though it's true that doesn't guarantee not getting medical terms mixed up.

In any case, ITA she's pretentious but also agree with those saying TV is useful in teaching second languages. I wonder what Spanish stations would be available in London anyway? I imagine the major French networks are easy enough to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    but harvey's wife, georgina, is 100 times better looking than gwyneth and has her own $, a fact i have never been able to process
    Georgina Chapman got her money through her Marchesa fashion line ... the dresses of which conveniently end up on the backs of Oscar-contending actresses in movies produced by Weinstein.

Hollywood goes round and round ...

vCash
    Gwyneth Paltrow is awful and her Oscar was undeserved, but she was really good in Two Lovers, with Joaquin Phoenix, and The Royal Tenenbaums. I think she's an actress who should only ever have played supporting roles. She's terrible as a lead.

vCash
    Yeah, I can't see her with him either

Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Georgina Chapman got her money through her Marchesa fashion line ... the dresses of which conveniently end up on the backs of Oscar-contending actresses in movies produced by Weinstein.

Hollywood goes round and round ...
    She doesn't need Weinstein to push her dresses on the red carpet. She is one of the best for couture evening wear. Marchesa is fabulous!

YEAH!
    vCash
    I just discovered this blog... http://goopsididitagain.blogspot.com/

vCash
    ^^ Love it! She really is a silly twit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    The campaign part is pretty well documented (e.g. see the third paragraph of this story):
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/enter...mpaigns/45570/

The "close personal relationship" part - I guess it depends where you get your gossip from.....
    Cate Blanchett deserved to win. End of that story, IMHO.

As for the rest of the article, it seems typical Gwyneth to me ... which isn't saying much.

O-

vCash
    Sometimes I think that Gwynnie is just messing with us, as though this is her idea of performance art or (more likely) some kind of marketing strategy to keep people talking about her. Surely nobody can be this ridiculous without making a conscious effort?

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    All this Gwenyth Paltrow hate is just so heart-warming! As much as I liked SIL, she did not deserve that Oscar, she was really the weakest perfomer of that crop. Cate Blanchett and Fernanda Montenegro out acted and outclassed her in every way possible.

Julia Roberts, Helen Hunt, Meryl Streep( for Out of Africa, I like her in everything else, and think she should have won over my next mention especially) and Sandra Bullock actually make me spit up bile.
    I usually like just about anything Meryl Streep has done, but OOA damn near drove me bonkers. Ditto for The Bridges of Madison County (she was nominated but did not win)

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    Cate Blanchett deserved to win. End of that story, IMHO.
    Co-signed. Cate wuzrobbed bigtime that year.

I may be in the minority on this, but in the movie A Perfect Murder, I was rooting for Michael Douglas and Viggo Mortensen .
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I may be in the minority on this, but in the movie A Perfect Murder, I was rooting for Michael Douglas and Viggo Mortensen .
    The first time I watched it, I rooted for Paltrow. I didn't know what a witch she was, then. After, I rooted for Douglas and Mortenson. Figured Douglas would get off due to the mental cruelty of living with her.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Maybe he has a great personality.

And I think Gwyneth is completely right about plastic surgery so I don't get ragging on her for not wanting to get it but also not ruling it out. There are so many OTHER things you can rag on her about, why rag on something where she's being sensible and not pretentious?
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    She's just this pretentious thing who has no idea how the other half lives. She's a kindred spirit with the Romneys.. IMO (The other side of the coin)
    Last edited by bek; 09-26-2012 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    She's just this pretentious thing who has no idea how the other half life. She's a kindred spirit with the Romneys.. IMO (The other side of the coin)
    She is far more pretentious than the Romneys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    :

Co-signed. Cate wuzrobbed bigtime that year.

I don't if I would have gone with Cate. I thought Fernanda Montenegro gave a wonderful performance for Central Station (so underrated and one of my favorite foreign films) and Emily Watson's Hillary and Jackie is such an underrated performance too . Meryl Streep was also her usual terrific self . That was such a tour de force year for BA . Yet, it went to the weakest actress and most mediocre performance of the bunch.

Gwenyth Paltrow was truly like the box of stale raisins in the bag of Halloween Candy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast