Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 166
  1. #141

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Of course that was at the time the mole only gave the knife to the terrorist to off himself, not blowing up 200 people in the CIA...
    We don't know who gave the guy in the safehouse a razor blade. Since Brody lied about infidelity, it's sort of been assumed Brody passed him the razor blade, but I've always believed that wasn't so. Even if Brody is guilty of knowingly driving his car with a bomb onto the CIA property, someone else moved it. So there is someone who (a) didn't even do a perfunctory check of Brody's car when he arrived and (b) moved it to the crucial spot.

    Alex Gansa said Nazir didn't know Quinn, but we don't really know that. Easy enough to change. We don't even know Quinn's real name. He doesn't actually exist to the CIA, so he could easily be a mole or worse. He didn't explode. He didn't kill Brody. Lots to play with for season three.

    I tend to think we haven't seen the last of Brody. Doubtful he'll be on at the start of season three, but he'll appear at some point.

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ohhhh I just realized something.

    If Nazir planned his own death to let the CIA drop their guard, that means it is still possible for Brody to be in on the plan. Brody was good on the information he gave the CIA as Quinn said, but it could be part of their plan! There is still the mystery that if Brody questions everything Nazir says, why was he praying with him and lie about it. And when Nazir dropped Brody off, he said "if everything goes as planned, we will not see each other again".

    This show is 10/10.

  3. #143

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Amazing ep! Especially at the end.

    IMO, Carrie could easily explain away her absence. She was chasing after Brody as someone said before, or perhaps she was in a psychotic state.

    I'm in two minds about whether Brody knew. They both could have been in that room, but weren't. Either way, we definitely saw him park his car so there's someone else who moved it.

    Brody didn't tell anyone about the praying, and he didn't even tell Carrie about killen Walden. Not the full story. She thinks he supplied the serial number, but doesn't know he was all "I'm killing you!!!" to Walden as he lay dying.

    I thought he was going to ask Dana to come to the memorial too, when she asked about Finn, but since it was a CIA memorial I guess it makes sense he didn't.

    I don't think it's realistic that Brody can get out of Canada without being caught. They might not know he's alive, but his face is all over the TV.

    Either way, that episode has really got me thinking, which is always the sign of a good show!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  4. #144
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    13,108
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    10376
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    BTW - The CIA should believe Brody's innocence because the attackers used the old pre-suicidal video. It doesn't make sense: if Brody was guilty, why not make a new video and show the US how their soldiers turn against them? if Brody was guilty and they wanted to preserve him, why delivering the old video?
    Not to mention that he is now a Congressman too - more impact if he was guilty.

    How long do we think he drove around with this bomb in his car? Besides in his driveway, where else was Brody's car? Did he have it with him when Roya's team took him to Nazir? Was it at the lake house?

    Didn't Carrie get up from the funeral first, then Brody followed her out? I know he made some kind of face at her, but did he suggest they leave in the middle of the service or did she?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  5. #145

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Not to mention that he is now a Congressman too - more impact if he was guilty.

    How long do we think he drove around with this bomb in his car? Besides in his driveway, where else was Brody's car? Did he have it with him when Roya's team took him to Nazir? Was it at the lake house?

    Didn't Carrie get up from the funeral first, then Brody followed her out? I know he made some kind of face at her, but did he suggest they leave in the middle of the service or did she?
    I don't know. She got up, but I thought it was because he made a face. Who knows? We'll eventually find out

    His car wasn't at the Lakehouse. It was just hers. There was time for the bomb to have been put in then.

    And don't they have security cameras? Won't Carrie be easily found out for driving Brody around?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    There was time for the bomb to have been put in then.

    And don't they have security cameras? Won't Carrie be easily found out for driving Brody around?
    There are many holes. Why would he take the SUV when his wife had the kids? They had two cars. It would make sense if he's leaving the family he'd leave her the SUV and take the smaller car.
    What was the SUV Carrie was driving when she took Brody to the border? They drove away from the CIA in her car -- let's assume security cameras were damaged in the explosion -- but they arrived at the Canadian border in a car that looked like Brody's SUV.
    When exactly was Carrie's car repaired? I asked that in episode 11 when she was driving home from the CIA and then went back to the warehouse where Nazir was. Her car was nearly totaled when Nazir hit her and kidnapped her.

    Where was Brody's car when they were at the cabin? More likely this occurred the night after they were at the cabin. Carrie said she was going to spend the night at her sister's house. Brody didn't say where he was going and that wasn't shown. He went to see Faber and called Jessica about the suit, but Brody's whereabouts the night before the memorial weren't shown. Plenty of time to plant a bomb in his car with or without his knowledge.

  7. #147

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    There are many holes. Why would he take the SUV when his wife had the kids? They had two cars. It would make sense if he's leaving the family he'd leave her the SUV and take the smaller car.
    What was the SUV Carrie was driving when she took Brody to the border? They drove away from the CIA in her car -- let's assume security cameras were damaged in the explosion -- but they arrived at the Canadian border in a car that looked like Brody's SUV.
    When exactly was Carrie's car repaired? I asked that in episode 11 when she was driving home from the CIA and then went back to the warehouse where Nazir was. Her car was nearly totaled when Nazir hit her and kidnapped her.

    Where was Brody's car when they were at the cabin? More likely this occurred the night after they were at the cabin. Carrie said she was going to spend the night at her sister's house. Brody didn't say where he was going and that wasn't shown. He went to see Faber and called Jessica about the suit, but Brody's whereabouts the night before the memorial weren't shown. Plenty of time to plant a bomb in his car with or without his knowledge.
    Good points.

    Brody would havae taken the SUV because it's his car. Jessica had the other car from the first episode of series 1, and the SUV only happened after he became a congressman. If you're leaving your wife, I guess you don't take her car.

    The SUV they drove to the border was explained. I'll have to go back and watch that bit again, but when Carrie explained the escape plan to Brody, part of it included changing cars.

    Carrie's car...was it a rental? That would explain why she already has another.

    NO idea where Brody was the night before the memorial. To be explained later, I guess.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  8. #148

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Brody would havae taken the SUV because it's his car. Jessica had the other car from the first episode of series 1, and the SUV only happened after he became a congressman. If you're leaving your wife, I guess you don't take her car.
    In season one they had two cars. One was a larger station wagon type car and a smaller sedan. When Brody went to the CIA for the polygraph and then in the parking lot told Carrie to get in the car and they wound up at the cabin, he was in a smaller car. If I'm not mistaken, in the episode in season two where he drove Dana to school the day after he got back from being detained by the CIA, he was in a smaller car.

    The SUV they drove to the border was explained. I'll have to go back and watch that bit again, but when Carrie explained the escape plan to Brody, part of it included changing cars.
    I thought so, but I have to rewatch. That happened very quickly.

    Carrie's car...was it a rental? That would explain why she already has another.
    Never explained. She arrived at the CIA from the warehouse. They told her to go home. She got in what looked like her old car and drove away. Quite certain no one said, "We fixed your car," or "We have a rental for you."

    NO idea where Brody was the night before the memorial. To be explained later, I guess.
    That clearly will be part of the plot next season. Someone put the bomb in the car. Clues point both toward Brody being in on it and being totally innocent. A perfect Homeland scenario.

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,713
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I don't know. She got up, but I thought it was because he made a face.
    Estes was praising the dead VP, and Brody was saying "no" with his head, and rolling his eyes a bit. And he is right: we are used to think a highly ranked politician is a good man, or at least a man in good faith, but the dead VP was neither. And, as the serie shows, he did so much damage in his life, and much more he was going to do.

    I think that's why Brody was happy seeing him die.

    Let's assume he's not a terrorist at this point: he wouldn't have gone and kill the VP if it wasn't to save someone he loved, but I completely understand how he would feel happy in the moment, when seeing him die. Expecially after caring so much for Nazir's child, and seeing him blown up.

    Carrie decided she wanted to be with Brody, probably right when he made the face.

    The praying part, could just be that the muslim religion is Brody's religion too now.


    -- The only thing I can't quite figure out, is Nazir's goodbye to Brody: "If everything goes well, we won't see each other again in this life". It could be that Nazir was talking about himself only. But it's a bit weird.

  10. #150

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    The praying part, could just be that the muslim religion is Brody's religion too now.
    -- The only thing I can't quite figure out, is Nazir's goodbye to Brody: "If everything goes well, we won't see each other again in this life". It could be that Nazir was talking about himself only. But it's a bit weird.
    The only thing about praying with Nazir is the fact that when the CIA asked him for his account, and asked 'anything else' at the end, Brody didn't mention it. But we, the audience saw it, so I think we're supposed to know that Brody is hiding things.

    As for the farewell - with the benefit of hindsight, it could be read both ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    In season one they had two cars. One was a larger station wagon type car and a smaller sedan. When Brody went to the CIA for the polygraph and then in the parking lot told Carrie to get in the car and they wound up at the cabin, he was in a smaller car. If I'm not mistaken, in the episode in season two where he drove Dana to school the day after he got back from being detained by the CIA, he was in a smaller car.
    I'll check when I get home tonight, but I'm quite sure that the SUV has been Brody's car all season and that he has only driven it. He definitely dropped them off at school in it, because his son (name?) commented that it smelled smokey, which as we know was because the tailor had been smoking in it, but I can't remember the first episodes.

    Either way, he was in it most of the time. Jess got the house, it makes sense he gets the car.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  11. #151

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    The only thing I can't quite figure out, is Nazir's goodbye to Brody: "If everything goes well, we won't see each other again in this life". It could be that Nazir was talking about himself only. But it's a bit weird.
    It could be explained in a number of ways. He had told Brody that he expected to die when they blew up at the bomb at the naval base, which was the plot that Brody helped foil. This makes a lot of sense because they were clearly expecting Nazir when they captured Roya and the others.
    He had told Brody after the naval base attack was done he would leave the country.
    He told Brody the whole plan, which could mean Brody was in on Carrie's kidnapping.

    I do get the possibility that Brody thought that no matter how much he helped the CIA there would never be a clean slate for him. He knew full well someone -- be it Nazir's associates or someone within the CIA -- would stop him from truly having a second chance. He either didn't believe Carrie would leave the CIA for him or if she did she'd hate him for it. If he betrayed Nazir someone would harm Dana and Chris, so he felt he might as well do what was asked of him, die and save his kids.

    Many possibilities to explore in season three.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,378
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/17/ho...ale-interview/

    Some hints about Season 3, and some answers about open questions from the finale.

  13. #153

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,733
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14921
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/17/ho...ale-interview/

    Some hints about Season 3, and some answers about open questions from the finale.
    I am so glad about Saul - I love that character - it is nice to have at least one solid person to rely on. Carrie - too in a way, but Saul is solid. Glad his wife is coming back.
    Can't wait for next season. Hope Abraham signs on.

  14. #154

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    In season one they had two cars. One was a larger station wagon type car and a smaller sedan. When Brody went to the CIA for the polygraph and then in the parking lot told Carrie to get in the car and they wound up at the cabin, he was in a smaller car. If I'm not mistaken, in the episode in season two where he drove Dana to school the day after he got back from being detained by the CIA, he was in a smaller car.
    Okay, I have checked. You're right about the two cars in season 1 - I think the station wagon is Jessica's though, because she only drives that in season 2, and Brody only drives the SUV. He dropped Dana off in it, both after being interrogated by the CIA and after the tailor had been in it.

    I'm fairly sure it's his car, and that's why he kept it when he moved out. It's definitely a new thing this season so perhaps it's attached to being a congressman. I don't know.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,541
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I am so glad about Saul - I love that character - it is nice to have at least one solid person to rely on. Carrie - too in a way, but Saul is solid. Glad his wife is coming back.
    Can't wait for next season. Hope Abraham signs on.
    F Murray Abraham would definitely be a great addition. Would love to see scenes between him and Mandy Patinkin.

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,713
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    The only thing about praying with Nazir is the fact that when the CIA asked him for his account, and asked 'anything else' at the end, Brody didn't mention it. But we, the audience saw it, so I think we're supposed to know that Brody is hiding things.
    I thought it was only natural for him to not say the CIA he prays muslim prayers. But of course this also can be read in different ways.


    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    It could be explained in a number of ways.
    You're right.


    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I am so glad about Saul - I love that character - it is nice to have at least one solid person to rely on. Carrie - too in a way, but Saul is solid. Glad his wife is coming back.
    Can't wait for next season. Hope Abraham signs on.
    I like Saul too. It seemed though as something is off with his wife. Expecially in their last phone call.

  17. #157

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I thought it was only natural for him to not say the CIA he prays muslim prayers. But of course this also can be read in different ways.

    I like Saul too. It seemed though as something is off with his wife. Expecially in their last phone call.
    The only issue I have with it as that Brody was a double agent and the CIA knew it. So why not say that he and Nazir had prayed together? The CIA may just have thought he was really good at the double agent thing. He held the information back for a reason, possibly just so the viewers would get confused and see both possibilities, that Brody is innocent and that he isn't

    As for Saul's wife, I agree. It's like she said she was coming back, and he said yes please, and then she was like 'oh crap, I have to go back to my estranged husband, I was hoping he'd say no'.

    Anyway, what was that thing about Carrie's mother? She left her father and hasn't reached out to her daughter ever since? Strange. I wonder if she's still alive or died years ago and Carrie has no idea.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  18. #158

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,733
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14921
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Anyway, what was that thing about Carrie's mother? She left her father and hasn't reached out to her daughter ever since? Strange. I wonder if she's still alive or died years ago and Carrie has no idea.
    I think she the mother will show up next season?
    Also what is her career?

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My brother is convinced that Saul's wife is working for the terrorists His only reasoning is why would she film only a short scene in the finale...

  20. #160

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    My brother is convinced that Saul's wife is working for the terrorists His only reasoning is why would she film only a short scene in the finale...
    It could be something as simple as setting up something for next season. Or it could be something much more involved. We'll see.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •