Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I have no idea what direction they'll take the show next season.
    Me neither, but can't wait to find out!

Total speculation, and not spoiler: they need a new VP. Estes is hero of the hour. Anyone wanna bet he becomes VP, leaving Saul in the CIA?

And damn, I thought it was Galvez all season. Now, I'm not sure.

It could be Mike - no one suspects the nice guy. But he couldn't have got the razor to that inmate last series. He's not near enough to the CIA, even though he's intelligence.

Saul? Could be. Carrie? If they want to jump the shark and give her a split personality and no recollection of it Oh I shouldn't suggest that. It might happen.

Brody was never supposed to survive series 1 of Homeland. I know he's signed for 5 series, but who knows what that means really. There will always be terrorists, bad guys, moles...I guess we'll see a new threat next season?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I saw the next weeks preview, and I think the body sent overboard wrapped in a white sheet is actually Brody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I saw the next weeks preview, and I think the body sent overboard wrapped in a white sheet is actually Brody.
    I was thinking Nazir - the same as what was done with Bin Laden??

I am still thinking how they could keep Brody alive or out of jail (or a hospital) and not kill him. Maybe the 5 year deal was just to mess with us.
    Maybe he has an identical twin brother!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    More likely that's the cliff hanger: is it or isn't it Brody? Find out next season.

vCash
    I think you might be right!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I think you might be right, too! Supposedly the body in the white sheet is a Muslim, which could be Brody or Nazir, or less likely Galvez. Season 3 will obviously go off on another trajectory, but I can see them keeping Brody around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I think you might be right, too! Supposedly the body in the white sheet is a Muslim, which could be Brody or Nazir, or less likely Galvez. Season 3 will obviously go off on another trajectory, but I can see them keeping Brody around.
    The possibility still exists that Brody could turn out to still be a threat. He never told Carrie or the other CIA people -- Quinn, Estes, Saul -- that he prayed with Nazir before Nazir let him go. Nazir did say a very cryptic message when he left Brody in that alley. Something about seeing him in the afterlife. Maybe Nazir planned to be killed to set up another attack. I'm really hoping that's not it, but anything is possible. I'm of a mind that the cliff hanger will be whose body is wrapped in the shroud and dropped into the water.

vCash
    Looking forward to whatever the surprises are tonight!
    I suddenly find myself older than I ever intended to be--Roxy Hart in "Chicago"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutzcy View Post
    Looking forward to whatever the surprises are tonight!
    Ditto!

Trying to anticipate what the surprises might be, but I give up. Let's go!

vCash
    Well, was that Brody's swan song? Carrie's got some splaining to do.

vCash
    I kept wondering when the jaw-dropping moment was going to come. One shouldn't wonder like that. Yikes!!!

vCash
    Man, I feel terrible for Brody's family. And Saul.

vCash
    I thought that was a very satisfying season finale!

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Well, was that Brody's swan song? Carrie's got some splaining to do.
    I suspect the best line of the episode foretells Carrie's future: "You're the smartest and dumbest fu*cking person that I've ever known"

Saul asked that the C4 be tested to see if it was the same as from the tailor shop. He knows that video of Brody was taped in conjunction with the failed vest bomb/bunker scheme. I believe Carrie will tell him the truth. And as much as I think he'll want to repeatedly smack her upside the head, he'll know she's right and cover for her. The cover story will probably be that Carrie saw Brody leave the memorial, she got curious and followed him. When the explosion happened, she got knocked out briefly, and then went on a tear "searching for Brody". Given her well-known penchant for flying headlong after Nazir, it's a story that those left behind at the intelligence agencies will believe.

And then there's Mr. Wickham - I mean Peter Quinn. He's an interesting character that also knows Carries is smart. He will likely wonder if Carrie got played, but I think he'll believe her too.

Not sure what's left for Brody's family to do in the narrative.

vCash
    ^Mr. Wickham from Pride & Prejudice. LOL It took me a couple of episodes to realize that was
    why Quinn seemed so familiar to me.

Saul's wife will be back in the mix, interesting.

vCash
    I'm not so sure Saul isn't the mastermind. It seems rather deliberate that he wasn't there when the bomb went off.

Each actor played their scenes with great subtlety, most notably Damian Lewis, but also Mandy Patinkin, Diego Klattenhoff and Rupert Friend. Indications seem to point to Brody being guilty, but that's not certain. Maybe he was set up. Why was Saul assigned to oversee Nazir's funeral? Why didn't Quinn kill Brody? We really don't know everything about Faber. Someone did move Brody's car. He may have knowingly brought the explosives to the CIA, but it appears someone else moved the car. I was left wondering if even Carrie might be the terrorist. Why was she so ready prepared to run with a fake passport and cash. Then if she loved Brody so much, why did she send him off? The producers cleverly left no one totally guilty or totally innocent. My guess is they're not even sure themselves. They set up various scenarios and will figure them out in the writing room over the next few months.

Let It Snow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Damian Lewis to London Evening Standard: 'I'm sworn to secrecy ... but I may be out of Homeland'.
    I'm heartbroken. Not that I love the actor so much, but I surely love the love story. Why do creators think it's only interesting if love stories encounter obstacles? Isn't it nice to see people living life together sometimes?
    I know that for how it usually goes in TV Series, Brody wasn't going to have an easy second chance - now that the whole country saw his pre-suicidal video, he's probably never going to have a second chance. But when I saw the two of them together, I hoped.

BTW - The CIA should believe Brody's innocence because the attackers used the old pre-suicidal video. It doesn't make sense: if Brody was guilty, why not make a new video and show the US how their soldiers turn against them? if Brody was guilty and they wanted to preserve him, why delivering the old video?

Also, Dana is usually right about her dad. And her father is usually thruthful to her (in his behaviour, rather than in his words). Dana knows Brody wasn't up to anything. She just doesn't know (yet?) that the video she saw is old, from when she indeed knew her father was up to something.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Just caught up on Sunday's show and I am more confused than ever. I hope Saul is not the traitor cuz I like his character a lot.
    I was starting to soften towards Brody but the killing scene with Brody and the VP snapped me out of it. It was intense.
    Well, the VP character was a real piece of sh!t. The kind of man that can do real damage to a society, expecially in that position. The Brody character, in comparison, is as white as milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    I loved the scene in the car between Brody and Jess. So simple, but effective. I wondered how much of the truth he was going to share with her.
    Everything, had she wanted to hear; as Brody also did with Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I thought that was a very satisfying season finale!
    Good for you. I thought how can I wait a whole year.

vCash
    E! Online has an interview with the producers who have said that Saul is NOT the mole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    E! Online has an interview with the producers who have said that Saul is NOT the mole.
    Perhaps. In the video on Sho.com Alex Gansa spoke about Brody as if he's totally innocent, but they wrote it to arouse considerable suspicion about his involvement. Why didn't Brody look happy when Carrie said she was leaving the CIA to be with him? Why at the end did he say to her, "You gave it up to me," as if he was gloating? Why was Saul assigned to oversee a Muslim burial at sea when he'd been on lockdown for three days?

I don't think they've made up their minds yet who the mole is.

vCash
    I think I read an interview with the producers before the season started where they said moles in organizations like the CIA are actually pretty common thing so they would not make it into a huge plot point. It's like this is just a fact we all have to accept that there is a mole.

Of course that was at the time the mole only gave the knife to the terrorist to off himself, not blowing up 200 people in the CIA...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast