Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    This weekend I was visiting a friend who has a small dog. We were sitting and chatting, when the pooch came up with something in his mouth, dropped it at my feet ... and it was a chess piece. I just about fell of the couch laughing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Of course, an equally compelling case could be made for why dogs are better than cats. Or IMO a more compelling case if you want to argue about it - dogs are after all eyes for the blind, weapons for the police, noses for a whole bunch of purposes, and aids to the disabled.

Not to discredit cats' abilities as mousers, but dogs are by far more useful as companions. Of course that is only one definition of 'better'.

Cats could be seen as better pets because they are easier, more independent, and don't need exercise and training. So it's no surprise that there are more cat pets than dog pets in America.
    To each their own, Japanfan.

Note: There are plenty of true tales about cats saving humans' lives. Cats as well as dogs assist elderly in nursing homes, and assist disabled individuals.

And, I beg to differ re cats not needing "exercise and training."

Sure cats need exercise and training. The difference is cats generally refuse to be trained. You have to convince them that whatever you want them to do is their idea in the first place. Also, unlike dogs, cats already know how to exercise and will exercise on their own, and lead their human companions in exercise too. I learned from my cats how to stretch when I wake up or get up from sitting for a long time. I also learned from my cats the importance of balance and harmony, and how to be attuned to what time it is without looking at a clock. I also learned the importance of chilling out and getting needed rest time whenever possible, and asserting myself when necessary. Not to mention, I learned from my cats how to enjoy each and every meal because none of us know (human or animal) when it might be our last.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12