View Poll Results: Favourite BEATLES Album?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Hard Days Night

5 9.09%
  • Rubber Soul

10 18.18%
  • Revolver

11 20.00%
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band

8 14.55%
  • "White Album"

7 12.73%
  • Abbey Road

10 18.18%
  • Other ... please state!

4 7.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bird is the word
    vCash
    Ug, this is so hard. Do I have to choose just one?

Of the list I chose "A Hard Day's Night". I grew up loving that album and the movie. While all my friends were obsessing over New Kids on the Block, I was in love with The Beatles. My mom had taped all the albums so I could listen to them on my Walkman and "A Hard Day's Night" was easily the one I played the most.

I still love "Let it Be" even though most of the Beatles themselves loathed that album because of all the tension and pre-breakup things going on. I even liked the documentary.
    "Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I voted for Revolver. I'm surprised so many people did because it didn't have as many single hits as some of the others, but it was when they were first starting to experiment and getting into some interesting sounds.

I also still like Magical Mystery Tour. I never saw the movie, it didn't sound too good, but I liked songs like Blue Jay Way (I could feel the fog) and I Am the Walrus was just strange. The whole thing reminded me of people at a pot party who had had some wine or beer. Very late sixties.
    Magical Mystery Tour also has “Flying," the only instrumental The Beatles ever did. And Abbey Road has Ringo’s only solo contained in “The End."
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Magical Mystery Tour also has “Flying," the only instrumental The Beatles ever did. And Abbey Road has Ringo’s only solo contained in “The End."
    I thought Ringo was solo on "Honey Don't"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Funny. I'm the 3rd person of 3 posters to think 'Revolver' was their best!

And yes, I thought that 'Sgt. Pepper' was overrated. But Rolling Stone magazine always rates it as the #1 rock/pop album of all time.

BTW, I also like the OTT 'White Album'. I remember reading that George Martin (sp?) their manager, wanted to trim the album down to 14- 16 songs, but the Beatles said 'no'.

Rolling Stone clearly can't be part of my group of friends. When we argue about the greatest album of all time, it basically always comes down to Abbey Road vs. Zeppelin IV. I am on the side of Abbey Road.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I thought Ringo was solo on "Honey Don't"?
    Whoops! I meant drum solo. He usually had one solo vocal piece per album.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12