Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

vCash
    Not to mention, the ignore feature is wonderful.
    It is.
    However, some of the people one wishes to "ignore"; post so much, and are quoted by others; so that certain threads are "empty" if you do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    However, some of the people one wishes to "ignore"; post so much, and are quoted by others; so that certain threads are "empty" if you do!
    Some threads are "empty" even if you don't.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Relevant excerpt from the Skating magazine blog post (link is posted in the Kiss and Cry forum, currently open to all until July 1st):
    Abbott, competing for the first time since the U.S. Championships in January, earned 80.24 points for his spy-themed short program. His performance included a triple Lutz-triple toe and a beautiful triple Axel. A three-time World Team Trophy competitor, Abbott has been working hard to stay in shape since his third-place finish back in January.

“After nationals, I started very hard in the gym and completely changed my diet,” he said. “I have been sore for about two months straight. I’ve been working very, very, very hard. I’m in the best shape of my life. I’ve never felt so comfortable doing a long program in training. I came into this event very seriously, this was my world championships since I didn’t get the opportunity to go.”

Aaron came very close to breaking his season’s best score and totaled 77.38 points in the short program. He opened with a 13.09-point quad Salchow-double toe combination and continued to skate clean from there.

“I had a good time out there,” he said. “I want to finish the season strong. I actually wanted a season’s best, I didn’t reach that, but it makes me go back and look at what I need to focus on.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-11-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: To add link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Aaron finished 4th overall (236.62; 238.36 is his SB at Worlds) and Abbott 6th (231.84, up from his previous SB of 227.63).

Quotes distributed to the media and tweeted by Lynn Rutherford:
    Aaron: "The 2nd mark needs to improve. ... I’m working on new programs, and hopefully they will stand with the big guys. Maybe I will add another quad..."

Abbott: "I need to work on the quad. I need to have that consistent. I was struggling with it all season. I have started to land [quad] few weeks ago. I did here in practices."
    ETA these 2 quotes from the Skating magazine blog, Day 2:
    Of his U.S. championship season, Aaron said, “It was learning experience, but yet again, it was tough because I was up there with the top guys. There was no learning curve. I had to jump in and represent my country. I took the challenge well.”

[Abbott:]
    “I’m happy to get a season’s best. Sad it wasn’t better,” he said. “It’s been a tough go for me this season. I’m finally starting to get things back together. I was pleased with the performance, not super excited, but pleased. It’s a start for next season. I feel I’m in good shape and I want to continue to [improve? missing word] now and not go down.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The Skating Lesson's 42-minute interview with Jason Brown (April 11, 2013), plus jump practice videos: http://www.theskatinglesson.com/jason-brown-interview/
    ETA: "Exuberant" is the first adjective that comes to mind. (I've cross-posted this interview in the Jason & Joshua Uber thread in the Trash Can.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-12-2013 at 05:11 PM.

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia! Set it to load before
    I left for work this morning...only eleven more hours til I can watch it!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    A new thread has been started in GSD for Jason Brown's interview, so go ahead and post your thoughts there : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-w-Jason-Brown

vCash
    Really impressed with Douglas Razzano and Adam Rippon for their support of USFSA's non-elite activities. My facebook is light up with pictures of them hanging around Adult Nationals, and they even handed out the medals for the Junior/Senior Championship Men.

(However, makes me really sad I decided not to go to nats this year!)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Minori @Jeremys_JPfans tweeted that Abbott revealed the following at his fan meeting in Tokyo:
    https://twitter.com/Jeremys_JPfans/s...60607250669568
    Hey Jeremy's fans in US or other countries! Robin Cousins will choreograph Jeremy's new SP, and his 2013-14 LP is Exogenesis!!!!!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-14-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: to add link

vCash
    That sounds amazing!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ugh, wish he was getting a new LP, I freakin hate Muse. But VERY excited to see the Cousins SP!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    So, is it clear whether he is keeping his old program or getting a new one to the same music? I am happy in both cases, just curious.

vCash
    I'm thrilled about Exogenesis coming back. It is one of the most beautiful men's programs ever and means so much to Jeremy. It will make the Olympic year good for him, no matter what happens. Great decision.

I can't imagine he will totally redo it. Tweak it, maybe.

vCash
    Twitter:

Allison Scott ‏@PCFclub 3h
    So here is the "official" announcement straight from Jeremy on his 2014 programs. ARIGATO @Jeremys_JPfans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j74p2...ature=youtu.be

Allison Scott ‏@PCFclub 2h
    Most exciting to me is Jeremy gets to FINALLY work with Robin Cousins. He is why J started skating #Iblamehim LOL!! Thanks @TheRobinCousins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I'm thrilled about Exogenesis coming back. It is one of the most beautiful men's programs ever and means so much to Jeremy. It will make the Olympic year good for him, no matter what happens. Great decision.

I can't imagine he will totally redo it. Tweak it, maybe.
    I also LOOOOOOOOVED his Muse program, too. And that he gets to work with Robin Cousins. Hoping for something fun and carefree, with great footwork!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I usually prefer when skaters get new programs for the Olympic year, but I did really like Muse.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I am happy with Jeremy's decision. I was missing the "Muse" program the whole year; it truly had in it a "signature" of his skating style, and it seemed at the end of last year that it still could be developed more. So though I normally prefer new programs every year, going back to "Muse" makes sense to me.
    Robin Cousins is the person who inspired Jeremy to skate in the first place, so going to Cousins for the choreo in Jeremy's final year is completing a circle, and thus bitter- sweet. I will miss seeing Jeremy's new programs every year. Some were more successful than others, sure, but he always tried to find something new to explore and say. Sigh. We need " Art on Ice" in North America.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I've often thought that it would be cool if skaters skated their "greatest hits" of the last four years at the olympics. I'm looking forward to Jeremy's Muse program again.

vCash
    I will miss seeing Jeremy's new programs every year.
    It will be so sad not to have his new programs to look forward to any more. I wish there was show skating in the US that valued art in men's skating rather than that all-important Back Flip.

Happy Exogenesis will be back.

Has Robin Cousins done any CoP choreography lately? He just seems involved in other pursuits. Then again, it's a SP-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Has Robin Cousins done any CoP choreography lately? He just seems involved in other pursuits. Then again, it's a SP-
    I don't know about singles choreography, but he was involved with Coomes/Buckland's programs this year. From his commentary during Worlds, he does seem to have kept up with the changes to the system & have a good understanding of the demands of a COP program. Hopefully he & Jeremy can produce something really special! (then again, he was talking about how disappointed he was that I/K had taken the Ghost music, as he wanted C/B to use it, so maybe his taste levels are slipping... )

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast