Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    vCash
    great news!!!!!!!! i love Exogenesis. Was there at Cup of China in 2011. When he finished, I had a tear in my eye. It's difficult to appreciate the artistry without watching him live

And it's also great that he gets to work with Robin Cousins, the person who inspired him. Indeed as diinakt said, it will be a full circle for him - no matter whether or not he makes the olympik team ... i hope that he and cousins do something gentle and introspective also (like Cinema Paradiso or something )

personally i found the arm-flailing detective and the sentimental les miserables this year a little crappy (or not his best, shall i say)

vCash
    I was bummed he hadn't kept it for this season, but the Olympics is better (providing he makes it). Can't wait to see it again.

vCash
    12-year-old Vincent Zhou's "Sorceror's Apprentice" Adv. Novice SP at Gardena Spring Trophy (2A, 'tano 3F, 3Lz+Rippon 2T): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEZUoqPdEkM
    Now online is Zhou's 7-triple FS to "Casablanca" (3S, Rippon 3Lz, 2A, 3Lo, 'tano 3F, 3F+Rippon 2T, 3Lz+3T): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kApfVhillxI
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Vincent was very impressive!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Now online is Zhou's 7-triple FS to "Casablanca" (3S, Rippon 3Lz, 2A, 3Lo, 'tano 3F, 3F+Rippon 2T, 3Lz+3T): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kApfVhillxI
    And he is just in Novice? Very impressive maturity for his age!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And he is just in Novice? Very impressive maturity for his age!
    Vincent Zhou is the 2013 U.S. Junior Men's champ, coached by Tammy Gambill. He had to compete Novice in his international debut because he is 12 years old (will turn 13 in Oct. 2013) and will not be old enough for the JGP until the fall of 2014.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks to misskarne for finding and posting this 4/28 Denver Post article link in the Joshua Farris/Jason Brown fan thread in the Trash Can: Joshua Farris of Colorado Springs maturing into U.S. Olympic hopeful
    Excerpt:
    For years, Farris was more known for whining than winning.
    "I used to have the worst attitude on the ice," he said. "I used to kick the ice. I used to throw a fit. Think of it. You name it. That's what I did."
    At the 2010 Grand Prix junior final in Beijing, he fell during his warm-up and slapped and kicked the ice so hard every face in the crowd stared at him. In 2011 he switched coaches to [Damon] Allen and [Christy] Krall, and they rode him like stern parents.
    "The biggest change is his maturity," Allen said. "He's taking ownership of his training."
    That training includes a quad, the four-revolution jump that is now the standard operating procedure for any Olympic hopeful. He's landed it only once in competition — Aug. 31 at the Lake Placid Grand Prix — but has handled the many falls that accompany it in practice.
    "It's a little more inconsistent than it was at the end of the season," he said. "I just think, 'Hmm. That's OK. Breathe. Take a lap.' "
    Copying over other Farris-related posts from there:
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    I saw the Sunday show in Denver at South Suburban Ice Arena. Josh looked and skated great. His technique is so pure and beautiful. Skated to a pop ballad in jeans and t-shirt. He is so handsome....and I agree with those who think he is even more handsome with longer hair. Hope he grows it again. I am so used to seeing him do classical music. This choice of music done very effectively proves he already has versatility at a young age. His blades are silent on the ice and his stroking is beautiful and powerful. Thought I saw a triple flip rotated great. On opposite end of rink and a bit dark, so I wasn't sure if flip or toe. His triple loop was off axis so a bit of a step out. ... [He was] wonderful.
    Fan video of Josh Farris' Showtime on Ice performance this past Sunday to "When I Was Your Man" (Bruno Mars): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud5e-hJENew
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-01-2013 at 04:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Really impressed with Douglas Razzano and Adam Rippon for their support of USFSA's non-elite activities. My facebook is light up with pictures of them hanging around Adult Nationals, and they even handed out the medals for the Junior/Senior Championship Men.

(However, makes me really sad I decided not to go to nats this year!)
    Yes, agreed -- it was awful nice to have them hanging out with us. They were there for almost all of Saturday, and Adam in particular really chatted up the audience between ice makes and events. He kept a great attitude with the constant attention, while also being respectful to when skaters were performing. He had quite the education on the things that make Adult Nationals... Adult Nationals (the bingo cards, the "tossies" thrown on the ice, etc).

Douglas performed in the opening ceremonies (as well as Vise/Baldwin) and did a really fun, hot number for us while sporting a new haircut -- which was entertaining since I'm so used to seeing him skate to classics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Douglas performed in the opening ceremonies (as well as Vise/Baldwin) and did a really fun, hot number for us while sporting a new haircut -- which was entertaining since I'm so used to seeing him skate to classics.
    Razzano's "Don't Stop the Party" by Pitbull (he also skated this number in the AAC Gala at Governing Council this past weekend): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYOJ0_Ac0fQ

ETA that I'm planning to start a new "offseason" news thread for U.S. Men soon - in the meantime, I posted a tidbit about Richard Dornbush earlier today in the Programs/Choreographers thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3917371
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-07-2013 at 02:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    It will be so sad not to have his new programs to look forward to any more. I wish there was show skating in the US that valued art in men's skating rather than that all-important Back Flip.
    I am hoping for great new show programs by Jeremy after Olympics. Am very thrilled about the Cousins - Abbott collaboration. If the outcome will be just nearly as inventive as Cousin's "Satan Takes a Holiday" or Abbott's Swing Kids routine it will likely be one of my favorite short programs. Looking very much forward to the first performance.

vCash
    There's a new thread for U.S. Senior Men's news and updates : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...2013-14-season
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-06-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748