Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

vCash
    There are separate news/articles threads in GSD for the 2013 World team members - links:
    Max Aaron
    Ross Miner

The always entertaining and informative blogger Jason Brown's first installment from Junior Worlds in Milan! Cross-posting from the Junior Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry and the Farris/Brown Uber thread: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

@joshDfarris tweeted today:
    "Awesome first day in Milan!! Going in to the city tomorrow, can't wait!"

I've compiled a Men's total scores list in the Junior Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3848333
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Jason's blog made me very hungry.

vCash
    Jason is such a good writer. His blogs come off like he's a Rhodes Scholar gosh! Glad Josh appears to be enjoying himself despite presumably not being able to eat most of the yummy food that has been described, I'm thinking back to that silly video he and Jason made last year at Junior Worlds banquet where Josh could only eat the veggies. Praying for no allergic reactions this time around.

Also, happy birthday to Max! Enjoyed the part about him buying his first suit...weird he went 21 years without a proper one! He seems like such a goof

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    These are the 2013 Nationals Championship (Senior) highlight videos that mix competition and backstage footage, as posted on USFS' official YT channel:

Men's SP: http://youtube.com/watch?v=p43rjllu7-I

Men's FS: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ysdkVHICnHA
    I think they need to make it warmer backstage. Last year the highlight of the videos was watching them warm up in shorts. Skating costumes do nothing to show off how athletic these guys are. In shorts their legs are insane.

Also loved Keegan jumping over the space divider with no effort in the first video.

vCash
    This Feb. 25th edition of The Inside Edge blog includes tidbits on and quotes from Max Aaron and Alex Johnson: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This Feb. 25th edition of The Inside Edge blog includes tidbits on and quotes from Max Aaron and Alex Johnson: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    All I could think during the bit when Max described buying his first first was THANK GOODNESS NO MORE OF THAT HORRID CHECKS/STRIPES COMBO.

vCash
    GOOD LUCK TO JOSH FARRIS AT JR. WORLDS THIS WEEK!!!

Here's hoping he brings home the gold. And I truly think he will do so, especially after reading that he plans on seeing Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper" in person. Ahhh, I wish I was him, how lucky!

vCash
    I guess it is a secret known to few that going to see The Last Supper guarantees a good skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I guess it is a secret known to few that going to see The Last Supper guarantees a good skate.

Well you never know. He is probably using it as a reminder to double-check his dinner ingredients the night before the competition.

vCash
    we shall see.....

vCash

I went to see the last supper three years ago.....I wonder how my skating lesson will go on Thursday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I went to see the last supper three years ago.....I wonder how my skating lesson will go on Thursday
    Since it's been a while, I recommend a quick hop to a local museum for some art appreciation, or at least that you view the masterpiece online.

vCash
    Since it's been a while, I recommend a quick hop to a local museum for some art appreciation, or at least that you view the masterpiece online.
    I keep the entrance ticket in my wallet as a memento....does this count for nothing?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Aha! So that is the secret. I would have had my loop jump months ago if only I had known to go look at this painting!

vCash
    Here's hoping the three Americans can pull off a sweep tomorrow, which hasn't been done since Kristi, Tonya, and Nancy did it back in 1991 at Big Worlds!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO JOSH, SHOTARO, AND JASON!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Here's hoping the three Americans can pull off a sweep tomorrow, which hasn't been done since Kristi, Tonya, and Nancy did it back in 1991 at Big Worlds!
    Except, you know, in 2008, when Flatt, Zhang and Nagasu finished 1-2-3 at JW. And 2007, when it was Zhang, Nagasu and Wagner. And 1998, with three Russian ladies on the JW podium. If you're going to equate senior and junior Worlds, at least get the history right.

vCash
    Facts.

vCash
    I know! Facts ruin everything.

vCash
    Ooops, didn't bother to check the junior girls because its the men I'm interested in, and the facts state that no American junior men have ever pulled off an upset sweep yet, hope that changes tomorrow.

And if they do I equate that to the first time Kristi, Tonya, and Nancy did it at Big Worlds in 1991.

Tata!

GOOOOOOOOO JOSH, SHOTARO, JASON!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Ooops, didn't bother to check the junior girls because its the men I'm interested in, and the facts state that no American junior men have ever pulled off an upset sweep yet, hope that changes tomorrow.

And if they do I equate that to the first time Kristi, Tonya, and Nancy did it at Big Worlds in 1991.

Tata!

GOOOOOOOOO JOSH, SHOTARO, JASON!!!
    And now we can't even get one american girl on the podium at Worlds.

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast