Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I don't know the current status of Emmanuel Savary - he competed a Senior FS back in the spring but has not competed since, AFAIK, and may not have tested up.

Neither Kevin Shum nor David Wang, both of whom are listed in the ISP, have competed this summer, reportedly due to injury , and I haven't yet heard if either has registered for Regionals.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks Sylvia! I liked the bit about trying to see what he was doing wrong in his closet mirrors. He seems very switched-on to ideas on how to improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    I'm really excited for Ricky and Johnny's upcoming Senior B.
    Me too, especially for Ricky Dornbush. When will that be and will it be on tv?

vCash
    ^^
    Does anyone know the answer to stevlin's questions?

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    Me too, especially for Ricky Dornbush. When will that be and will it be on tv?
    Ricky and Johnny will be at 2012 Finlandia Trophy Oct 5-7. Not sure on the TV part yet.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    IIRC, last year there was some TV coverage in Finland of the Finlandia dance and ladies' event - if there is a non-geo-blocked live stream again this year, I'm sure someone will post a link in the TV Alerts forum. We're lucky to have fan videos every year - links will be posted in the Finlandia competition thread in Kiss and Cry (and should be searchable on YouTube).

Carriere and Messing will be at Nebelhorn Trophy next week - hopefully there will be fan videos posted like in the past.

RE. the upcoming U.S. Regional Championships, it looks like the only Senior Men's events scheduled are at Southwest Pacific (SWP) and New England (NE) - don't yet know about South Atlantics (SA).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-21-2012 at 06:39 PM.

vCash

RE. the upcoming U.S. Regional Championships, it looks like the only Senior Men's events scheduled are at Southwest Pacific (SWP) and New England (NE) - don't yet know about South Atlantics (SA).
    who are the entries?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Southwest Pacific (5): Jonathan Cassar, Scott Dyer, Andrew Gonzales, Sean Rabbitt, Philip Warren - all should advance to Pacific Coast Sectionals due to the fill-up rule.

New England (2 elected to compete): Wesley Campbell, Brad Vigorito. Harrison Choate was registered as well but now has a bye due to his JGP assignment to Croatia.

vCash
    Hi, Sylvia,

What is the fill-up rule?
    Also, have you heard anything about Austin Kanallakan?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    What is the fill-up rule?
    Basically, it means that all 5 of the Senior men at SWP Regionals can advance to Pacific Coast Sectionals because there are 4 or fewer Senior men registered at both Central Pacific and Northwest Pacific Regionals.
    From the current USFS Rulebook:
    "2471 Fill-Up Rule: Competitors at a regional championship may progress directly to their sectional championship if, at the close of entries, there are four or fewer competitors in senior, junior, novice intermediate or juvenile singles events.
    A. Additional competitors from the same event in other regions of the same section shall be permitted to enter in order to bring the number of competitors up to a maximum of 12 (or more, if ties make it necessary).
    B. These additional competitors will be selected in the order of their placement. Should this result in two or more competitors qualifying for one additional place, all will be included, even if this causes the total number of competitors in the event to exceed 12."

Also, have you heard anything about Austin Kanallakan?
    No. AFAIK, he hasn't competed since Pacific Coast Sectionals in November 2011. Here's my compilation of scores for the Senior men who are known to have competed so far this season: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...or-men-scores/

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia!

I see. I thought "you need more than 4 skaters for the comp to be held" rule would be considered at "each" regional comp.

And I will miss Austin if he has decided not to compete any more... (don't know if he has)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh article via Golden Skate: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/09/m...n-the-springs/

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Alexander Zahradnicek, the 2011 U.S. junior silver medalist who qualified for 2012 U.S. Nationals in Senior but withdrew, is now skating for France - he is an invited competitor at the French Masters. Here's the confirmation link (French Masters starting orders) posted in Kiss and Cry: http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/...leans_2012.pdf
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-26-2012 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    I did not expect that!

vCash
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh article via Golden Skate: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/09/m...n-the-springs/
    I really hope that Armin gets a GP! He deserves it!

vCash
    Alexander Zahradnicek, the 2011 U.S. junior silver medalist who qualified for 2012 U.S. Nationals in Senior but withdrew, is now skating for France - he is an invited competitor at the French Masters. Here's the confirmation link (French Masters starting orders) posted in Kiss and Cry: http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/...leans_2012.pdf

vCash
    Keegan Messing won the bronze medal at Nebelhorn. Here is his LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yN_rkI9sdA

Not bad. big step out on 4t, but stayed off his butt, and hand down on another triple. Freak fall after a split jump, though

vCash
    Not that I'm one to doubt you Sylvia , but I'm just wondering why he'd need to be invited if he was representing France? Also I'm thinking back to quite a few years ago when Shantel Jordan & Jeremy Barrett were invited to French Nationals (and won IIRC) when they weren't age-eligible for international competitions.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    ^^^ I think because Zahradnicek may not be released to compete for France until next season so he is allowed to participate in domestic competitions in the meantime?

Newly announced Senior B assignments for the following men:
    Max Aaron - Cup of Nice in France (Oct. 24-28);
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh and Douglas Razzano - Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria (Nov. 6-10).

Dornbush and Weir compete their short programs today - see this post in the TV Alerts forum for a link to watch (live and/or on demand?): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...62#post3702962
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-05-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: to add link

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast