View Poll Results: Which of these Russian skaters is most likely to succeed in seniors?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adelina Sotnikova

22 22.92%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

39 40.63%
  • Julia Lipnitskaya

23 23.96%
  • Elena Radionova

12 12.50%

vCash

Which of these Russian skaters is most likely to succeed in seniors?

Growth spurts and body changes have killed off many a promising skaters career in the transition from juniors to seniors. Adelina Sotnikova really struggled last season, following on from winning World Juniors the season before that. In contrast, Liza T, who finished 2nd to Sotnikova at 2011 World Juniors, won her first two senior Grand Prix events.

So, which of the Russian skaters listed in the poll is most likely to succeed in the senior ranks?

vCash
    I think Elizaveta, since she's the most successful so far IMO and she has better presentation than the others, who seem to rely more heavily on their technical abilities.

vCash
    I really like Adelina this year) She looks mature..Her skating is powerful

vCash
    I think it will be Elizaveta because she has the purest jumping technique so even if she grows a bit, it shouldn't affect her as much. Julia is another one who has a great chance at succeeding because she's already getting monster PCS and the judges love her.

vCash
    Adelina and Radionova seem to have the better skating skills for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I really like Adelina this year) She looks mature..Her skating is powerful
    Love Adelina's new free program. She is looking a lot more solid, confident, and self assured than she did last season. Bodes well for a great season ahead.

Great new short program and exhibition too.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 09-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.

vCash
    I have a personal favourite I voted for, but I sincerely hope that all of these girls as seniors. I would be so cool if ladies might be the dominating force in Russian figure skating. (Still remember Mishin once saying Russian women are more suited to work on construction of railways. )

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Unless they're blessed with Sasha Cohen's genes (if not her consistency), my worry is that all of these skaters have yet to hit puberty.

It reminds me of the World Junior ladies' event in 1996 when Russia swept the podium.

Elena Ivanova, Elena Pingasheva and Nadea Kaneava were amazing at that event (placing ahead of Fumie Suguri, Shizuka Arakawa, Vanessa Gusmeroli and Tara Lipinski).

vCash
    I voted for Adelina after seeing her perform at Russian test skates. She had obvious growth problems last year, but overcame them beautifully. This year she still has most of her jumps (I don't know what is the status of 3Lutz-3Loop, might have lost that one), and if anything they got even bigger and her skating is even more powerful. So even if she'll grow more later she showed she can deal with it.

vCash
    Recent interview with Alexei Mishin.

In the interview, he is asked about the current situation with Tuk. Here is the google translation:-

- What can you say about the readiness for the season is one of your student - Lisa Tuktamysheva? - Lisa - transition. Increased weight, she turned into a young woman. Weight up - and immediately there was a knee injury. Lisa now recovering. I think that the person who last season won the victory over all the strongest skater world, should be treated with care. Not a problem. You just have to be patient.
    Hence, looks like the reverse of last season with Adelina in good form, and Liza T starting the season dealing with a growth spurt/body changes. However, Liza will come through it.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 09-18-2012 at 05:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Recent interview with Alexei Mishin.

In the interview, he is asked about the current situation with Tuk. Here is the google translation:-

Hence, looks like the reverse of last season with Adelina in good form, and Liza T starting the season dealing with a growth spurt/body changes. However, Liza will come through it.
    yeah looks like it will be Adelina bouncing back and will be Tuk Tuks turn to struggle this season , followed by Julia next season?
    we'll see how they do this season, better now than later

vCash
    I don't think its a question of "if" Adelina and Liza will be successful as seniors, they already are successful. Liza has already won 2 GP's and made the GP final. Adelina, even while struggling, finished 3rd in both GP's and won the difficult Russian nationals over world silver medalist Leonova. They are already sucesses, and Julia will join them this year, and be a success in the GP's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    I don't think its a question of "if" Adelina and Liza will be successful as seniors, they already are successful. Liza has already won 2 GP's and made the GP final. Adelina, even while struggling, finished 3rd in both GP's and won the difficult Russian nationals over world silver medalist Leonova. They are already sucesses, and Julia will join them this year, and be a success in the GP's.
    ITA. Those girls are true wonders!

vCash
    I love Liza, Adelina and Julia, but I am reluctant to make any predictions about them right now, because of their young age. Many young skaters don't make it to the top, after showing initial promise (I know that's a pretty generalized statement).