Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee! Season 4

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I kind of liked that mash-up.
    i liked it too except that sarah jessica parker and her horse face were in it. but even mimi imfurst tweeted that it was really gay.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I kind of liked that mash-up.
    If they'd just done KiKi, I'd have been OK with it, or just TL, I just didn't like them together.

vCash
    I usually let the logistics go and tell myself it's Hollywood, not real life. However, I had a really hard time accepting that the whole Sectional competition was right on Thanksgiving around 5:00. Come on. All those people in the audience missed Thanksgiving dinner? A little over the top for me.
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

vCash
    How much did I hate this episode? Let me count the ways.........

vCash
    I LOVE that Home/Homeward Bound song. So beautiful.

vCash
    This is feeling more and more like "Degrassi: The Next Generation"

vCash
    I hate the new group. I want the old back. It's .... rehashed. The songs were good though.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I find it ridiculous how the new group is a re-hash of the old group, instead of some unique traits or personalities. Or looks. At least Marley actually seem to be a little different from Rachel, but the eating disorder PBS is too long.

I think it is strange Rachel went from 16 to 25 in no time.

I agree with jamesy, I liked that mash-up. It was sufficiently strange

The Kurt/Blaine phone call had me all tearing up (or maybe it is the pregnancy hormones), and I actually somehow think it would be good for Kurt to move on and get some different relationship experience from a story pov.

vCash
    The problem I have with the new group (other than being carbon copies of the old) is that I understand they need to ease them in in order for the audience to care about them for the show in the long-run, but they have taken over the storylines completely when Rachel and Kurt aren't having problems in NYC.

vCash
    I might care about the new cast more if they were better integrated with the veteran group and not off in their own subclique.

vCash
    I might care about the new cast more if they were better integrated with the veteran group and not off in their own subclique.
    Yeah, why did Kitty not try to sink her claws in Sam or Jesus? Or Marley date Artie?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ita, plus i cant look at kitty. she looks too old or her pony tail is too tight and makes her face look bad.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    In the premier episode, I thought the writers were gonna hook up Sam and Marley. But that obviously didn't happen.

In their defence, they have whatshisname as Puck's half-brother and whatshisothername as Finn's protege.

I think I am most disappointed in how the originals who are still in Glee club are so utterly ignored (even Idiot Brittany who I normally hate). Those first episodes had them hang out and stuff, but no more--Blaine is sulking alone, Tina and Arties are losing out parts to people who are no longer in high school, and we still have no idea whatever happened to Sam and Mercedes. And Jesus and Sugar have been doing nothing. Sugar should go after whatshisothername or whathisname.

But ultimately, I still prefer the high school scenes over the New York scenes. I don't buy anything that is taking place there.

Next season (and unlike some people, I have no concern that this show will be canceled), I think they should Fast Forward the next five years. Rachel et al. have established careers. A lot of them have returned to Ohio (which happens). Mike and Tina are married. Some of them may even have kids. Some are teaching (or student teaching) at McGinley. Brittany can still be a senior. Have a completely new group of students taking part in Glee club. It's not like Marley et al will be that huge a loss.

ETA: Tonight's episode was pretty good. I enjoyed all the high school scenes (and the phone conversation between Rachel and Finn). As for the New York stuff, I much preferred Kurt's first NYADA audition. Just because the song tonight is more maudlin doesn't mean the performance is more soulful.

I hope Tina still resents Marley.
    Last edited by manhn; 12-07-2012 at 04:21 AM.

vCash
    I know it's a tv show but seriously, how can a team be disqualified from competition because one of its members faints on stage? How could Mr Schuster not rush out and protest that decision to the judges? And I really cannot believe they are blaming Marley for the loss when two years ago they lost nationals due to Finn and Rachel's kiss. JMO

vCash
    But Santana almost killed Finn and Rachel over that stunt. Maybe that is why Finn did not blame Marley.

vCash
    I sort of feel bad for Jane Lynch. Her character is utterly thankless now.

This episode clearly showed that nobody is the "new" Rachael. Her voice is extraordinary when used properly.

I do think the show was smart with having them lose because it allows the show to follow a totally different formula from the past 3 seasons. That said, it really sucks for Artie, Tina, Sam, and Blaine since this was their senior year and you know they wanted to go out on top. I wish they save that storyline for next season as I don't care if the new kids win or not.

I did enjoy the group number in the end. "Don't Dream it's Over" is such a great song, and I could've used more of that and a little less of Kurt's unconvincing "Being Alive".

I guess that's the end of Sugar? Is she going to join Matt, Laura Izes, and Leprechaun into Glee oblivion? On that note if Kurt goes to NYADA, I guess that's no more SJP either?
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 12-07-2012 at 06:12 PM.

vCash
    I had read on several Glee Spoiler pages that Damian/Rory would appear on the Thanksgiving eppie. Since he was not on last week or this week, I guess they cut it because he had filmed it.
    I loved the last song, too bad the rest of the show wasn't that good.
    And why was a Jewish girl singing Oh Holy Night anyway?

vCash
    For Rachael, it was probably less about the content of the song than about being able to show off her higher register.

Or it was just the writers wanting us to forget she's Jewish, like last year's Christmas episode until the final scene where she said "Happy Hanukkah"

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    if Kurt goes to NYADA, I guess that's no more SJP either?
    Even she was embarassed by the Kiki piece...

vCash
    I think the Glee club will get a surprise pass into Nationals and that will be their challenge for the season.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast