Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee! Season 4

vCash
    Season 2 of Glee had an average viewership of more than 10 million people.

Season 3 had an average of about 7 million or so.

The total viewership of 5.79 million fo0r the third episode of this season is an all-time low. It's never dropped below 6 million before. The Season 4 premier episode had ~2 million fewer viewers than the Season 3 premier and .05 million fewer viewers than the Season 3 finale.

We don't have the numbers for last night yet but I'd be curious to see if it rebounded or stayed down.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I want Kurt and Rachel's apartment.

vCash
    5.79 again for Glee. At this rate this'll be its last season.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    My daughter the maven on all things television reminded me that Ryan Murphy moved on to American Horror Story and has TWO new shows piloting next year. Glee isn't the first show to lose its mojo when its creator moved on.

I stopped watching it and stopped TIVOing it. It is sorta funny that my Thursday shows now are Last Resort and Scandal, worlds away from Glee.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    As of right now, Wemma are fighting but not broken up, Klaine are in limbo and not actually talking but not officially done

Spoiler

, Brittana and Finchel are done, at least for now.

I thought the cast did a fabulous job with this episode. I thought the directing/editing was sort of questionable. The blocking for Don't Speak when they were in the park was sort of weird. And the directing/editing while they were in bed was just cheesy. I thought the blocking for Mine was weird, too. Naya killed that song but it was an odd choice for the moment. I am glad that the episode was full of songs that actually advanced the plot. You know, that thing that musicals do.

The whole Jake/Kitty/Marley story line is was underdeveloped. They either needed to flesh it out to the point where the audience gave a crap or not do it at all.

ETA: PR lady, Ryan Murphy is doing The New Normal now, as well. But I don't think that's really the problem with Glee. It's been heading in this direction for two years.

Also, I'm pretty sure Rachel has experienced complete reverse character bleed to the point where she just is Lea Michele all of a sudden.

I was really annoyed (although he is a teenager) with Blaine's "I've come out here to tell you I cheated on you and screwed everything up and I'm so sorry and I'm crying but IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT FOR LEAVING ME ALONE EVEN THOUGH I TOLD YOU TO GO!" Probably just being sorry would have been better.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Loved the episode, but tonight's ep mades me angry about one thing--WHERE WAS TINA AND MIKE'S BREAK-UP SONG?!?!?
    Mike who?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Mike who?
    Oops, I meant "Abs McGee."

I did see him in the previews. He and Tina better do Gangam Style!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    ETA: PR lady, Ryan Murphy is doing The New Normal now, as well. But I don't think that's really the problem with Glee. It's been heading in this direction for two years.
    I'm not going to pretend I'm still watching. I quit after the effing terrible Christmas episode last season, I'm pretty sure, and then watched Nationals (apparently I'm one of the only ones, people didn't even tune in for that) and haven't watched it since. But I still read the thread. I'm, like, morbidly curious to see what other ways Ryan Murphy can come up with to continue to destroy his once-fabulous creation. And I hate him. Definitely don't plan on watching any of his other shows if this is how he treats them and their characters.

And, I mean, reading the Wiki entry, it's like he was just super excited to break up every single couple that people spent 3 years investing in. I mean, how big of an idiot is he? I'm not even watching anymore and I'm still annoyed that they're still will-they-won't-they about Finnchel and (somewhat) Wemma. Talk about unresolved storylines.

And Santana spends how long pining over Brittany, and once she finally has her, she breaks up with her?

Stupid Glee. Stupid, stupid Ryan Murphy. I really, really loved this show.

vCash
    I loved this episode - drama! Heartbreak! Growing up!

It left me thinking they should just follow the original characters, not all the new ones.

I loved the editing in the park/fountain, very powerful use of lightning.

vCash
    I know I said it before but all the characters should had been freshmen in the beginning, we could had followed them through high school and if the show survived, couples could "take breaks" once college and real life started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    It left me thinking they should just follow the original characters, not all the new ones.
    It wouldn't be high school Glee anymore, but I think I'd be more interested in your suggestion.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I'd really prefer it if we could just follow the established characters. I can't bring myself to care about Marley/Jake/Kitty/ect.

I liked this episode, though it seemed a bit scattered. It might have been better if they'd just focused on one or two of the couples instead of introducing drama between all four of them. I found Kurt and Blaine's troubles to be the saddest, especially after the brilliant revival of Teenage Dream.

And I'm with those who think this is it for Glee. While I don't hate the direction it's gone in as much as some, it's too bad that a show with such a stellar beginning deteriorated like this.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Am I the only one who is 100% happy with Glee?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Am I the only one who is 100% happy with Glee?
    yes and congratulations on that
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    yes and congratulations on that

It is what it is, right? I'm still watching it, but I get bored a lot more often when watching than I used to.

vCash
    While I am not 100% happy, I am not as unhappy as some of you.
    I still watch it, but then, I am more invested in Samuel/Joe, and Alex/Unique than most of you as I watched the first season of Glee Project and really liked it.
    I will be invested in Damian/Rory when he comes back too.
    Although these characters never do much than stand in the background, do they.
    And here is the place when I mention that the season 2 of Glee Project was a big letdown .

vCash
    Loved the most recent episode, a plot line, music that fit the plot and it involved characters I cared about.

vCash
    I'm just as happy with the show as I ever was. It's not like Marley and Sarah Jessica Parker are pregnant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    5.79 again for Glee. At this rate this'll be its last season.
    Nah, an average around 6 million seems pretty acceptable these days, especially with a show strong in the key 18-49 demo. They might have to ax some of the massive cast though, which seems necessary anyway.

I liked this week's episode though. The music was good and I liked that the plot seemed more focused. We only had a little swerve to keep the new characters relevant (the standard- Marley is poor, new guy is noble and stands up for her...is this the 3rd or 4th time that's happened?)

You would think if your mom is the lunch lady, you'd at least get a free lunch.

vCash
    An average of 6 million is somewhat acceptable, but on only the 3rd episode of a season that's a really bad sign. These things normally continue to drop.

We'll see.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast