Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee! Season 4

vCash

Glee! Season 4

Thoughts? Comments on the 1st episode?

I really liked the 1st episode today and I'm really excited (more than the last 2 seasons) to watch the show and see how things pan out. Glad they're not focusing on Finn/Rachel, and I really like the new girl singer in New Directions (sorry, didn't catch her name).

vCash
    I actually really thought that this opener was better than last years. The pace of last year was totally of to me.

I'm sad about Tina and Mike breaking up, of course. And Ryan Murphy continues to be deeply confusing on trans issues.

Call Me Maybe was pretty great. And Darren's "It's Time" was super cute. I'm really glad they got Kurt out of Lima pretty fast. Mike O'Malley was great, as always.

I'm actually not sure I'm on board with the New Rachel bit. Instead of highlighting a different, more senior member of the Glee Club, let's go out and get us a girl who is basically exactly the same as the one who just left but not quite as good of a singer! I like her, but I think I'd like her better if I thought they'd leave her more in the background and give the other kids a chance to shine.

vCash
    No Santana, no Mike, no Puck, no Coach Bieste, no Quinn. Whiney, mopey Rachel and Kurt. Rachel lite, Puck lite, Quinn lite. Way too much Unique.

No thanks. It's been fun, Glee.

vCash
    I enjoyed it. I especially like the interaction with the veteran Glee members. I like the dynamic amongst Tina, Artie, Blaine, and Brittany.

It is weird that given all the departing Glee members, they only got two new people (probably three). I thought they didn't reject anyone? I mean, Sugar's still around.

I didn't miss Santana, Mercedes, Finn, Mike, Puck and Quinn much (and what happened to Damien?). However, if the show decides to showcase one or two departing Glee members per episode (we've seen Rachel and Kurt--let's move on to, say, Santana and Mike), then I'm all for that.

And my goodness, did Kurt learn any lessons? Why isn't he applying to more schools? In all of the USA, there is only one decent performing arts school?

vCash
    I liked the lunch lady and her daughter.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I like the new people better than the remaining Gleesters. And, so help me, I liked the Rachel-in-NYC bit - but Rachel and Kurt need to have their own spin off show.

I never want to see or hear about Sue's baby again. Ryan Murphy now has his other show to work out his parenthood issues and can leave Glee alone maybe?

Way too much Unique.

I did miss Becky.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    No Irish boy. boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I thought Damien wasn't asked to return for this season?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    it sounds like his character might be back even though he's not a series regular.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I liked the premiere quite a lot. Actual plot lines that felt real and made character sense. But, it's early days yet. We didn't get to see everyone, but there are a lot of characters and storylines to juggle. I'm sure we'll see them more later.

I loved the lunch lady and her daughter. I thought that the way they did the Puck's brother was odd. Really Schuester? You couldn't have told them all that they weren't going to get to sing the whole song? But, I suppose drama has to be created somehow...

Mike O'Malley as always He hit that trying not to let Kurt see him cry, but breaking down perfectly.

vCash
    Who is Daimen?

I liked it, but I missed Puck and Santana. and Mike's abs
    I liked Marley, she seems different enough to Rachel - someone who doesn't want to be a star.

I do wish the old glee members get some time to shine.

vCash
    I don't think Marley's voice is strong enough to carry the Glee club, how did Mr Shu find out Jake was Puck's brother when he didn't know his last name?

vCash
    McKinley isn't that big a school. A simple computer search of "Jake" would quickly give you a list of all the students with that name. Mr. Schue would quickly cross out the Jakes he already knew, so there wouldn't be that many files to uncover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    Who is Daimen?
    The guy that played Rory the Irish exchange student.

Since I don't watch the Glee Experiment or whatever, I'm not sure, but wasn't he the winner of Season 1?

It's like they got hm and then didn't know what to do with him. Too many plot lines, too many characters. Of course, he didn't really exude charisma either.

vCash
    I enjoyed the show last night, but occasionally felt like I was watching a musical version of Degrassi.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    No comments on Ms. Hudson?

I thought she was much less cartoonish a villainess than Sue, but I hope they don't make her a one-dimensional bad guy. Better singer and dancer than I expected.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Kate Hudson showed her skills in "Nine". She does have the background.

vCash
    oh, speaking of villans, I was missing the swim coach too.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    really, i thought cassandra july was a bad heaviiy autotuned singer and the "dancing" was a series of edits, no actual dancing. but i had seen the clip at least a wk ago and did all of my grumbling about it then. her pronunciation of the spanish words pissed me off too.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    They had a new Rachel, Quinn, Puck, and (to some extent) Mercedes at Lima High who were basically a poor man's versions of the originals. It's feeling a little too Saved by the Bell: The New Class for me.

The after school special about not making fun of the lunch lady was pretty cheesy, but I like the story of her and her daughter.

I liked Rachel's new future boyfriend too.

Overall though, it felt like something was missing. The show seems to have lost its mojo.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast