Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

vCash
    Halep d. Wozniacki 62 75

Go Simona

They're scheduled to meet again in the USO so, this is a really good win. Kvitova will be her opponent in the final and it's really anyone's guess at where she's at

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Go Simona

They're scheduled to meet again in the USO so, this is a really good win. Kvitova will be her opponent in the final and it's really anyone's guess at where she's at
    I second the Plus, she gets bonus points from me for being cute in the post-game interview. Rennae Stubbs brought out her mothering side and started talking about not losing her temper just because a first serve doesn't work out . No idea how the final will turn out, depends on which Petra shows up and how well Simona handles her nerves.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8sZOjfAP3U

vCash
    She was adorable in that interview!

vCash
    Simona crushes Kvitova 62 62 to win New Haven!
    She has almost nothing to defend until Rome next year. She keeps this up and she'll be top 10 soon. I hope she can back this run at the US Open. She's got a good draw.

Already her 4th title this year; I think only Serena has won more. And she won them on 3 different surfaces.

vCash
    This is amazing. Simona!

I believe Simona now has ten top 20 wins this year

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I googled Simona Halep and it seems she's famous for more than just her tennis.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yeah, I did the same. I'd forgotten that she was the one with the outsized mammalian protuberances. Looks like she had breast reduction in 2010, despite the pleas of certain "fans" not to. Good for her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    Yeah, I did the same. I'd forgotten that she was the one with the outsized mammalian protuberances. Looks like she had breast reduction in 2010, despite the pleas of certain "fans" not to. Good for her!
    That always made me SO MAD. I'm the same size Simona was before her surgery; and while I'm no professional athlete, those things get in the way when you're exercising. It hurts. Especially when running - and I'm sure while swinging a racket. And people will comment on them all the time Serena's busty, but she's taller and with a much bigger frame.

It's her body to do what she wants with, and the pervy comments about ruining herself made me so stabby.

vCash
    ^Agreed. She said they caused chronic discomfort. Good for her for making the decision. She comes across as rather thoughtful and serious in interviews. I like her.

vCash
    Another big supporter of that decision here. Why fans would write her asking her not to do so is beyond comprehension for me and just slightly pervertish to me. As someone who's seen friends and relatives struggle when they're that big, they cause discomfort, get in the way and can be extremely painful on the back, I totally support what she did.

That being said, four titles this year, she is really playing amazing tennis, she has to be considered an underdog and can not be overlooked for making a deep run here. That said, the two faves with Sharapova out are obviously Serena and Azarenka. I'd be shocked if it was anyone else in the final at this point.

The men is a different story, would love to see Murray defend and hoping Raonic does what he needs to do in order to get back to the top 10.
    Kyle

Tranquillo
    vCash
    James Blake announced this is his last tournament.

And this may have been linked earlier in the thread, but an interesting article about Bobby Riggs and whether he threw the match with Billie Jean King to settle some gambling debts.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 08-26-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Live stream of all matches available to US residents at www.usopen.org.

An unseeded Venus just destroyed whoever that 12th-seeded Belgian was.
    And, my my, Ryan Harrison has sure grown up.

vCash
    Venus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    That said, the two faves with Sharapova out are obviously Serena and Azarenka.
    With Sharapova out. I dont know why you even mention that. They were by far the two huge favorites even before Sharapova pulled out. Maria in current form isnt even close to those two.

vCash
    Oh no. Sloane Stephens has lost first set. I want her to have really good tournament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    James Blake announced this is his last tournament.

And this may have been linked earlier in the thread, but an interesting article about Bobby Riggs and whether he threw the match with Billie Jean King to settle some gambling debts.
    I will miss James.

As for Riggs, who knows?
    My father, who watched him when he was at the top of the game, said that he was always a "hustler"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanoverrated View Post
    Oh no. Sloane Stephens has lost first set. I want her to have really good tournament.
    I want Sloane to win too - I think it's more interesting when the better players go far. That said, I do think she's overrated. She's never won a title; outside the grand slams she's been very inconsistent, and her record against the top 20 is pretty bad.

vCash
    Sloane is overrated, but I still like her. Anyhow she just won - 76 final set! phew!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    johnny weir is there today. his shirt has little wings on the back. i dont mean they are drawn on. i mean attached wings.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    So happy to see Alisa Kleybanova back at the Grand Slams and winning matches

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast