Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Didn't really see Maria and Jimmy working together from the get go.

As for Bartoli, good for her. I don't think she'd ever win another Slam, most people probably didn't think Wimbledon would ever really happen for her either, and she's a smart person. She knows that everything aligned for her to not only play well at the right time, but to have the draw open up the way it did a the same time as well. It was a great run, a magical run and it would be pretty hard to top that feeling. If I was in the same position I would have done the same.

Way to go out on top, Marion!! I think tennis will miss the great character that she is.

vCash
    The chair ump for the W&S Open Men's final is named Fergus!!!

vCash
    Umpire Fergus!

vCash
    Wheee, Fergus!

Vika takes out Serena (again!) in a tight 3 setter for the Cincy Title. The USO should be interesting. Would be shocked if anyone other than those two wins.

Nadal won both Cincinnati & Toronto. I hope that Andy, Roger & Novak wake up for the USO.

vCash
    Well done Vika!

I hope Serena uses this as motivation for the USO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Well done Vika!

I hope Serena uses this as motivation for the USO.
    It started slow but it became a thrilling match. Hope they can repeat it at the USO final.

vCash
    Vika knows what she's doing against Serena more than anyone else it seems. She's beaten Serena twice this year plus that amazing USO final last year of course. Will be interesting if they meet in NY.

vCash
    Due to poor results at Montreal + Cincinnati, defending champion Andy Murray gets bumped to #3 seed for the US Open. US Open withdrawal from Jo-Wilfried Tsonga elevate Richard Gasquet to #8 seed. US Open withdrawals also from Gilles Simon and Marin Cilic, moving Ernests Gulbis, Julien Benneteau and Dmitry Tursunov into top 32 seeds.

Marion Bartoli's retirement means Petra Kvitova gets the #8 seed for US Open, Sloane Stephens #16.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Due to poor results at Montreal + Cincinnati, defending champion Andy Murray gets bumped to #3 seed for the US Open. US Open withdrawal from Jo-Wilfried Tsonga elevate Richard Gasquet to #8 seed. US Open withdrawals also from Gilles Simon and Marin Cilic, moving Ernests Gulbis, Julien Benneteau and Dmitry Tursunov into top 32 seeds.

Marion Bartoli's retirement means Petra Kvitova gets the #8 seed for US Open, Sloane Stephens #16.
    Speaking of Cilic, I just heard before Montreal that he had failed his drug test, and that Troicki has already been suspended for failing to provide a blood sample. Surprised, not that there are players doping, but that they actually seem to be (slightly) cracking down. Especially since some players, Fed and Murray in particular have been more vocal as of late about tennis looking the other way and being to lenient. Now I read today that the Wimbledon boys champion is making statements implying that Nadal, Fed and Djokovic are probably doping!? Bold statement kid. Just wondering if anyone xares to share,in your opinion how big of a problem do you think doping is in tennis? We've heard the rumours/whisper so are Troicki/Cilic just the begining and is tennis in for a major scandal? I really hope not. Your thoughts?

vCash
    Sharapova has withdrawn from the U.S. Open with bursitis in her right shoulder. Hope she feels better soon. It's been a rough Summer for her with all of the coaching changes.

vCash
    Oh no. I wonder if it's the same shoulder she had all the trouble with before. If everyone shuffles up a spot, Sara Errani moves into the top 4 in the draw.

vCash
    ^it's certainly the same shoulder (her serving arm) whether it's the same problem, I don't know.

vCash
    Just read an article yesterday that said there were rumors that her shoulder was bothering her again, so I guess the rumors were true. That's too bad, I'm not a big Maria fan but hate to see someone have to drop out due to injury. Women's tennis is more interesting when the top players are all healthy and competing.

vCash
    US Open Brackets are set:

MEN

Djokovic-del Potro
    Murray-Berdych

Ferrer-Gasquet
    Federer-Nadal

WOMEN

S.Williams-Kerber
    A. Radwanska-Li

Errani-Wozniacki
    Azarenka-Kvitova

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    finally a decent draw for the Romanian girls. Hopefully they manage to take advantage.

vCash
    for Maria. I really hope that it's not as bad as it was last time.

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    finally a decent draw for the Romanian girls. Hopefully they manage to take advantage.
    I'm so impressed by Halep lately; I'm rooting for her to win in New Haven

vCash
    Halep has been superb! I was so impressed with her in Rome earlier this year, and it's wonderful to see her really making waves. I hope she beats Wozniacki tomorrow.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    I hope Simona keeps playing well. I might be able to drive down to the finals on Saturday, so I'd be all for her making it there. Wozniacki loves New Haven and she's playing well right now, so getting there won't be easy. Fingers crossed!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Sir Mixalot would approve

Serena Williams ‏@serenawilliams 21m

Lol it's my anthem. Lol RT “@Huwm888: @serenawilliams do you like the song "bubble butt" #SerenaFriday”

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast