Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can't believe Serena's gone too. Really wacky Wimbledon!

At this point, I'm picking Lukasz Kubot and Kaia Kanepi as the winners!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Serena did give it to her, her nerves and serve were average today, at best.
    Lisicki had more winners and aces than Serena all match long which is incredibly hard to do. Serena wasnt her very best of course, but it would be completely wrong to say she gave Lisicki the match. I doubt anyone else would have beaten Serena today.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I am so mad that I didn't think to do the Suicide game for this years Wimbledon. It would have been hilarious and probably over with by the 3rd round. haha
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Holy crap! At work and just saw the scores. Thrilled for Sabine, she's had such bad luck with injuries and good to see her doing well, she always comes alive at Wimbledon.

I rather love how unpredictable this all is now on the ladies side- I feel like anyone could win the whole thing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    Holy crap! At work and just saw the scores. Thrilled for Sabine, she's had such bad luck with injuries and good to see her doing well, she always comes alive at Wimbledon.

I rather love how unpredictable this all is now on the ladies side- I feel like anyone could win the whole thing!
    It is so open now that anyone could come through and win the ladies title. I would love to see either Li Na or Sabine Lasiki take it.

Even with the shocks of the first week the top two in the men's draw are (currently) comfortably making their way through the draw - though Murray did just have a little wobble in the 2nd set he hung on to win it and is currently a break up in the 3rd.
    Last edited by Lorac; 07-01-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Sabine! Love that girl! She is so great to watch on grass and has a fantastic personality!

I hope her or Li Na take it!

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    It is so open now that anyone could come through and win the ladies title. I would love to see either Li Na or Sabine Lasiki take it.

Even with the shocks of the first week the top two in the men's draw are (currently) comfortably making their way through the draw - though Murray did just have a little wobble in the 2rnd set he hung on to win it and is currently a break up in the 3rd.
    I couldn't watch Murray. It's not as bad as the Tim Henman days - Andy is way more consistent - but it's still tortuous at times. I did tune in just in time to see his double fault in the 2nd set tie break but OMG how well did he turn that around? Fabulously aggressive tennis to take that set from there on in.

I love to watch Serena play but Lisicki was fantastic today. So pleased for her and hope the charm holds and she goes on to win the whole thing.

vCash
    Sloane will win this thing.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Murray looked so good. Very much in control. The moment things began to slip away he turned it up a level or two and did exactly what he needed to win. Of course, the 3rd set was more about Youzny giving up but Murray did what he needed in the first two sets.

Haas and Novak must hate this shadow on the court. It looks so distracting. I wonder if it is as bad in person or even worse?

On the womens side I am definitely rooting for Li Na but I know how that goes. She will crash spectacularly at some point.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I couldn't watch Murray. It's not as bad as the Tim Henman days - Andy is way more consistent - but it's still tortuous at times. I did tune in just in time to see his double fault in the 2nd set tie break but OMG how well did he turn that around? Fabulously aggressive tennis to take that set from there on in.
    I watched Andy's match, but as you say it was a bit agonising at times. However, if there's one thing that Andy's become especially good at, it's looking at a steep hill to climb and successfully making it to the top. So that even when he's looking likely to slump to a miserable defeat, he manages somehow to turn it around. I remember one match against Cilic in last year's US Open, when Cilic was a set and 5-1 ahead in the second. It was the middle of the night, and I was about to turn off the TV and go back to bed, but Murray just moved up a gear and came back to win. I don't know whether he could beat Djokovic at the moment, but if these two make it to the final it should be great fun to watch. That is, unless no one knocks out Nole first......it seems anything could happen at Wimbledon 2013!
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    It sounds like Serena may have started counting her chickens before they hatched. I had almost expected her to lose to a low-seed player. I am sure the motivation goes down a bit when you see your main competition gone. I may be the only one that is sad about Serena losing. Who is going to win Wimbledon this year? On the mens side I expect Murray to win it all. On the ladies side it's anyone's guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    That is, unless no one knocks out Nole first......it seems anything could happen at Wimbledon 2013!
    I don't think Haas will win but he has pushed Nole in this 4th round match!!

vCash
    I hope Djokovic and Murray get knocked out too.

vCash
    Watching the last couple rounds it would be quite surprising if Murray could beat Djokovic on their current form, but crazier things have happened (especialy this tournament).

vCash
    I really hope Djoko wins

Here's a crazy statistic I read at TF:

Sabine Lisicki is 4-0 at Wimbledon versus French Open Champions

2009 Roland Garros Champion: Svetlana Kuznetsova
    Wimbledon 3R: Sabine Lisicki def. [5]Svetlana Kuznetsova 62 75

2010 Wimbledon: Sabine was injured and absent

2011 Roland Garros Champion: Li Na
    Wimbledon 2R: [WC]Sabine Lisicki def. [3]Li Na 36 64 86

2012 Roland Garros Champion: Maria Sharapova
    Wimbledon 4R: [15]Sabine Lisicki def. [1]Maria Sharapova 64 63

2013 Roland Garros Champion: Serena Williams
    Wimbledon 4R: [23]Sabine Lisicki def. [1]Serena Williams 62 16 64

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It sounds like Serena may have started counting her chickens before they hatched. I had almost expected her to lose to a low-seed player. I am sure the motivation goes down a bit when you see your main competition gone. I may be the only one that is sad about Serena losing. Who is going to win Wimbledon this year? On the mens side I expect Murray to win it all. On the ladies side it's anyone's guess.

Serena seemed really nervous in the first and final set. Her first serve percentage was 55% in the first and last set. That is below her average.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    So much for "just give Serena the trophy", huh?
    Tongue. Bitten.

I wouldn't mind a Sloane Stephens x Na Li final...
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post

I wouldn't mind a Sloane Stephens x Na Li final...
    I'm sure sponsors would be happy about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Come on! Few crowds, not even U.S. Open crowds majorly root for Serena Williams. Sure, there are probably plenty of fans in the stadium who are Serena fans and do root for her. The majority though -- Serena's winning ways garner her respect, often grudging, but during matches most of the fans and the commentators are always pulling for her opponents. That's not even debatable IMHO.
    True that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    On the mens side I expect Murray to win it all.
    I wouldn't be to sure of that - Nole is playing amazingly and is still the favourite with the bookmakers.

Yesterday Murray has a lose of concentration in the second set but still won it and Nole was broken for the first time this tournament - and still won in straight sets. They should reach the final but as we have seen anything can happen on any given day.

If they do face each other in the final the crowd will have a huge hand in it. Last year in the Wimbledon final many in the crowd were cheering for both Murray and Federer such is the high regard the Brits have for the Swiss. Yet as we saw in the Olympics the crowd were 100% behind Murray and that was huge. This year if Murray makes the final the crowd will be a huge factor in his favour and could push him to the title. But we will have to wait and see who actually gets to the final.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast