Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Vacant
    vCash
    Can't quite believe what I've just watched.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Geez. When will it end?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Oh my
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Wow I'm usually quite meh about tennis but I'm loving this Wimbledon !
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    This has been such a weird day. I don't really care about Roger losing...he was never going to win. His decline has been so rapid. But the injuries...ugh. I hope everyone will be okay and they'll be ready for the US Summer hardcourts.

vCash
    Yes, #3 in the world. Such a rapid decline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxRose81 View Post
    This has been such a weird day. I don't really care about Roger losing...he was never going to win. His decline has been so rapid. But the injuries...ugh. I hope everyone will be okay and they'll be ready for the US Summer hardcourts.
    I think that's a little harsh, don't you? He won Wimbledon just last year, still in the top 5 in the world, French quarterfinal, and won Halle last week, most players would be thrilled. He's not 21 anymore, and everything comes to an end but a 'rapid decline'? Really?

vCash
    Crazy, crazy day. I am kind of in shock. Well, hopefully the folks who are still standing will give us good matches. I'll try to look at this as an opportunity to watch players I don't normally see play... (But I don't want my glass to be half full. I want it to be all full, dammit!)

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    OMG. I am so excited for Sloane right now. She just has to keep it together, and she could be in her first final!!!
    No pressure there then.

To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    LOL at Roger being in a rapid decline. He won a major a year ago and made the next 3 major quarterfinals, at least. So rapid. lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    This is the craziest couple of days in the very early rounds at Wimbledon I have ever seen. I hope Murray can win the title now and if he doesnt choke he should. He is a better grass courter than Djokovic IMO. I never thought Federer was winning here but still thought he would make round of 16 atleast. Nadal's loss was much more surprising, but two straight years doing so poorly on grass, so maybe his knees just cant handle it anymore.

Serena's odds of the title actually might have gone from 99% to 95% as she will now face someone other than her pigeons Azarenka or Sharapova in the final. Still would be a shock if she loses though.

vCash
    The favorites who are not playing today should thank their lucky stars, IMO.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    With all the injuries, maybe it's a good thing Nadal went out first. Do less harm to the knees.

vCash
    Petra Kvitova is the highest seed left in the bottom half, yet I still am not convinced she can win 4 matches to make the final. Probably Sloane Stephens to make the semifinals

Also, David Ferrer assured at #3 rank regardless of result

vCash
    I am so gutted and bummed about Roger. I thought he would at least make the SFs. I wasn't ready for him to be out of the tournament. Rooting for Murray to win now.

vCash
    Omg what an exciting Wimbledon. Sharapova, Nadal and Federer all out.

Serena and Nole have to win and this would be my fav Wimbledon ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    I am so gutted and bummed about Roger. I thought he would at least make the SFs. I wasn't ready for him to be out of the tournament. Rooting for Murray to win now.
    Agreed - though let's not take anything away from Stakhovsky he was not backing down - even after losing the 1st set on the tie breaker. Many other players would have given up then but he kept battling away and Roger had no real answer to him.

This does give me permission to root for Murray - and as Federer, Tsonga and Cilic are all out he must be favoured to get to the final now. However as two of the favs have been toppled maybe others can be!!!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    A good, solid win for Murray today amidst all the drama unfolding around him. And though people have been saying that Djokovic has an easy path to the final, Murray's now doesn't look too difficult either, after the unexpected exits of Nadal and Federer and with Tsonga (I want to cuddle him! : ) being too injured to carry on. That is unless one of the top two also falls foul of The Curse of Wimbledon 2013. It must be the 13 in the date - that would explain things.

Great result for "Dreddy" Dustin Brown earlier in the day, putting out Lleyton Hewitt in four sets.

His decline has been so rapid.
    Do you actually watch tennis?
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Agreed - though let's not take anything away from Stakhovsky he was not backing down - even after losing the 1st set on the tie breaker. Many other players would have given up then but he kept battling away and Roger had no real answer to him.

This does give me permission to root for Murray - and as Federer, Tsonga and Cilic are all out he must be favoured to get to the final now. However as two of the favs have been toppled maybe others can be!!!
    Yep, definitely not taking anything away from Stakhovsky! He played some great tennis and didn't give up. I hope he can sustain this level of play. It seems to be too often the case that after a player upsets one of the big guns in the early rounds of a GS, they suffer a letdown in the next match.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    What a crazy day. I bet British odds-makers are in shock. I'm gutted for Roger, but I think Scream-apova is the bigger shock. She's played so well for months, and then to lose to someone not even in the top 100?

ETA: I just noticed Darcis had to pull out as well. That really sucks for him, after such a great battle with Nadal.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast