Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    So, Rafa-Novak semi. I hope Novak wins so he can complete the Career Grand Slam and for his old coach.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    Argh, I was hoping against hope for upsets in the mens' matches today, because Haas is so hot and, well, Wawrinka is too. Also because it just would have been different. But Djokovic vs. Nadal should be a classic match.

Any doubt it'll be Williams and Azarenka victorious tomorrow?

Hmm, Tsonga's best should beat Ferrer's best, but Tsonga will have to be consistent and he tends to run hot and cold. Ferrer just runs... and runs and runs. Love him -- want to scratch him behind his ears.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I would love a Novak-Ferrer final. However, Tsonga would be a great story, too, since he is French. I just like the idea of someone winning who has never won this tournament before (or in Ferrer's case, never even been in a slam final despite a very long and successful career).

If Novak can win here then I think he will have a shot at winning the Slam. Every passing year makes Federer less of a lock for Wimbledon and Novak is already one of the favorites on hard court for the U.S. Open.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    JJ done gone broke my heart once again

I hope it is Serena and Azarenka; at least Azarenka gives Serena a fight unlike Maria who just rolls over.

vCash
    Maria through to the finals in 3 sets.

vCash
    Ahh, Vika's serve let her down again. She came out sluggish and off but fought back to extend it to the 3rd set.

Maria broke Vika 3 times in the 3rd set but Vika broke her twice but lost the 3rd set 6-4. Maria was up 5-2 in the 3rd set.

I was hoping for a Williams/Azarenka final( my two favorite ladies players) but Vika continues to improve on clay and she'll conquer it very soon and I predict she'll win the FO in the next two years.

Maria had a lot of tour points to defend, but she did make it to the finals and should retain the #2 ranking. Vika would have been #2 if she had made it to the final.

Williams/Sharapova final, I don't expect Maria to give it a competitive match. She has lost to Serena the last 12 times they've met.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Serena defeats Errani, 6-0, 6-1. LOLZ!

vCash
    Poor Errani.

That was a beatdown for the ages. I haven't seen a semi-final beatdown like that in a while. 6-0 6-1
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Total points won: Williams 51, Errani 16. Ouchie.

vCash
    Serena is looking awesome - and knowing how Maria gets when she is facing Serena across the net I do not foresee this being a very competitive final (hopefully Maria will prove me wrong but I don't hold out much hope!!)

vCash
    I hope to see a Djokovic/Tsonga final, but Nadal/Tsonga would be great too. I'm sure either match would be the loudest RG slam final in nine years. I love Ferrer and want to see him in his first slam final, but I'm rooting for the player who will bring a more exciting, competitive final, and that's Tsonga.

I'm still SO upset with Roger!! I applaud the great accomplishment of making it to his 36th consecutive slam qtr finals. But with a great draw to the finals (where MAYBE he just MIGHT not have to face Nadal), he not only lost, but lost in straight sets!! And to Tsonga!! No way should Roger be losing to Tsonga at RG, and in straight sets!!

I hope after the match, Mirka did a "SNAP OUT OF IT!" ala Moonstruck Cher on Roger! He needs something heading into Wimbledon. He didn't win a slam in 2011, and doesn't want to do so again in 2013. The USO--where he once dominated for 5 consecutive years--is now a long shot. The top 4 are all worthy contenders to win Wimbledon, and there's Tsonga and Berdych--both who have beaten Roger.

Winning the Gerry Weber Open is crucial for Roger! He needs a title to give himself some confidence before Wimbledon.

vCash
    Roger is almost 32. Obviously, things about his game have changed and his dominance wasn't going to last forever. His game was off, Tsonga's was on. Tsonga is a great player and he's lost to him before and somehow survived the "embarrassment" to play another day. It's not like he lost to Donald Young.

He lost the Gerry Weber Open to Tommy Haas last year and went on to win Wimbledon. Who knows how it will all play out.

vCash
    Oh spare me the age thing! Serena is 31. Ferrer is almost 31. Haas is 35. Why is 30 the new-20 with everyone except Roger?

And so what he didn't lose to Donald Young. Tsonga is a great player, but Roger clearly has the more superior clay court game. Roger's game wasn't "off", it simply wasn't there. And that makes the loss much more disappointing. Serena has true desire to win another RG, which is why she was able to snap out of it against Kuznetsova and is now in the finals. It's difficult to believe Roger had such desire.

In regards to losing to Haas last year and going on to win Wimbledon...Roger had already won Rotterdam, Dubai, IW, and Madrid, and was playing with confidence. Making the finals of Gerry Weber was another consistent performance. Today, anything other than a win will be yet another tournament with no title.

vCash
    Hey, clay is slippery.

vCash
    You can't win a tournament in the semi-final, but you can lose it.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Nole wins the second set!

vCash
    5-setter for Nadal and Djokovic. 6-all in the 5th.

vCash
    And Nadal is into the final, 9-7 in the 5th set!

vCash
    Nole. I thought he almost had it.

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast