Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    "godscountry"?!

vCash
    Anyone else disappointed in Del Potro? Both he and Hewitt had great moments in that match, but it looked like Delpo gave up on that tiebreaker and fifth set. Hewitt was tight and distracted trying close out games in the second and third sets and could have been had in the fourth. Delpo wasn't even moving for some shots. The mechanics of his serve went way off late in the match; his toss was errant. It seems to me that if his talent can't carry him through, when the going gets tough, he just doesn't dig deep enough. Obviously he has had injuries but if he wants to ascend to the very top he needs to find a way to overcome some pain and fatigue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    Hah! And I bet she could kick his ass.
    True, but considering her foot speed, he may be able to elude her.

vCash
    I don't think Delpo has that killer instinct that really separates the VERY top guys with those below. He often seems far too content to lose IMO. I appreciate you can have that hunger to win without shoving it down everyone's throat, but he often seems happy to just take part in a good match. Just an observation.

In other depressing news, Kvitova won three games against Riske Apparently Petra was in hospital yesterday. When are her health and fitness problems, and subsequently her shitacular play going to end?!

Halep lost one game to Kirilenko again.

Oh and Penetta just beat Kuznetsova.

vCash
    Back to Isner...Johnny Mac said he don't remember the USO crowd "ever" rooting against an American. Has he not been watching the Williams sisters play at the USO all these years? I most remember the 2002 USO (the first since 9/11 the year before) semis match between Venus and Mauresmo. The crowd cheered WILDLY for Amelie (she talked about the crowd support in her post-match interviews). The commentators simply brushed it off as the USO crowd rooting for the underdog.

vCash
    He meant to say he's never seen them root against a WHITE American.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Halep lost one game to Kirilenko again.

Oh and Penetta just beat Kuznetsova.
    MaKiri was sleepwalking through part of that game, but she also had no clue what to do with Halep's plays. She looked stunned in the second set once Simona found her first serve speed again. Flavia Pennetta is back with a vengeance & it's very nice to have a player who's not afraid of the net moving on. Should be a good game against Halep as long as both of them show up to play.

vCash
    Venus does SO many catches/re-dos when she serves. There should be some kind of rule about that.

vCash
    I wonder what Isner means by the "North." Does he think a crowd in Seattle or Minneapolis or Billings would've behaved similar to the NYC crowd? Why not miss the "West"?

vCash
    Well Isner just lost to Kohlschreiber

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Venus does SO many catches/re-dos when she serves. There should be some kind of rule about that.
    What about on a super windy day? Outdoor vs. indoor? I think it is pretty annoying but I also see why there isn't a rule.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Well Isner just lost to Kohlschreiber
    To which I say don't let the NYC door hit him in the rear end on his way outta town!
    Kyle

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    why cant caroline be convinced to get another coach (and keep him/her)?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    full credit to Giorgi tonight. I've never seen her play and I was very impressed. Tons of power off of both wings. Super solid mechanics and good movement. Powerful serve for someone so little too. She definitely needs to work on her placement and predictability when she serves and her father needs to learn how to not be so hyper but she has a very good top 30-50 game and if she stays healthy and avoids injury she will move up very quickly. I believe of all the Italians I've seen is the most naturally talented. That backhand is also worthy
    Kyle

vCash
    Yeah, definitely credit to Giorgi. She has a very attractive game, but too bad about Caroline. It's hard to see her have so many early losses.

vCash
    Giorgi was on fire!! She had the eye of the tiger during the entire match. But ugh, she seems to have another tennis stage-father.

vCash
    Roger Federer played this evening, and there was some other guy on the other side of the net who sometimes hit the ball too. Georgi really was sharp! And I kept thinking her dress looked like a skating dress.

I believe Sloane vs. Serena is up tomorrow. The crowd should be into it. Haas vs. Youzhny might be a good match.

vCash
    Every time I watch Giorgi, she's amazing. I saw her beat Petrova at Wimbledon last year, saw her live again this year plus watched her beat Bartoli in Strasbourg. She's got tons of potential but has had injury problems. I hope she can stay healthy.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    why cant they stick with wawrinka/baghdatis? 3rd round doubles doesnt even have people in the stands.

of course, actual tennis would be preferable to the fluff piece i'm watching now
    Last edited by my little pony; 09-01-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Bah. Nestor blew that set.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast