Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Still voting in the icenetwork "It's your move!" contest.
    vCash
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    I'm trying not to bawl like an idiot but it's hard and it's sport! Andy Murray has spent so much trying to finally win Wimbledon and NOW he finally has it. So unbelievably happy for Great Britain and that this moment has finally arrived, I maybe Canadian but I am also proud to have the Union Jack tattooed on my back. He came through it and I could not be happier right now.
    Kyle

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    ANDY!!
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Nole

But congrats to Murray. Is he Sir Andy now?

vCash
    Nole

Congrats to Andy though, he made the public very happy!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Andy Wins Wimbledon!!!
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Lol @ orientalplane!! Just a wee bit excited? Is all of Britain partying in the streets right now? Go have some fun girl!

vCash
    Happy doesn't begin to describe how I feel; and I'm an American!

vCash
    Yes, very happy for Andy's win. Loved where he forgot to hug his mom and had to turn around and go back to her!

vCash
    The excitement and drama of the final game made up for the mostly boring final. I'm so happy for Andy, and his mental strength in serving out that final game (after blowing a 40-love lead and surviving 3 break points) was very impressive.

vCash
    SO glad for Andy. I said before that I thought the stars were aligning for him this year and when they mentioned that it was 7/7 (of 2013) and it had been 77 years since Perry had won, I knew it was a good omen and said to my friend, Andy will win.

That last game was full of tension, but in general that match wasn't that exciting. Novak was clearly not as his best, and i wonder if that huge match with DelPotro is partly to blame and no wonder if that is the case... but it does not matter because Andy played very well and it's not like it was a case of the person with the fewest errors won. Andy played about as well as he can and I'm so happy for him, his entourage, and all those fans who've waited forever for this. I've no doubt "Sir" Andy will be in his future...

Thought Novak was very gracious in his after match comments, and Andy was quite funny describing his mother as "squealing" behind him, LOL!!

Very pleased with the outcome today.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    What a way to cap off a holiday weekend! I had chills when they announced the first Championship point, and was thrilled that Andy was able to win in straight sets. Certainly did not see that coming!

vCash
    Pressure Mounts over Sexist Remark

John Inverdale incensed radio listeners before Bartoli beat German Sabine Lisicki when he asked if people thought her father told her when little that she was never going to be "a looker" like Maria Sharapova so would have to fight harder for success.
    There definitely is a focus in all sports on women's looks. A shame that in her triumphant moment, she get's this unnecessary evaluation of her looks.

Bartoli's classy remark about the "clumsy remark"

The Frenchwoman, celebrating her success in becoming the first Frenchwoman in seven years to win the coveted Wimbledon women's title, shrugged off Inverdale's comments.

"It doesn't matter, honestly. I am not blonde, yes. That is a fact," Bartoli said in a press briefing late on Saturday.

"Have I dreamt about having a model contract? No. I'm sorry. But have I dreamed about winning Wimbledon? Absolutely, yes."

vCash
    Great response by Bartoli to that. That comment is just as disrespectful to Maria, who has worked damn hard. Her looks haven't won her Grand Slam titles.

So happy about Murray winning! No more hearing about Fred Perry and the 77-year-and-counting title drought! And Murray really did play brilliantly and showed physical and emotional grit. I think he can thank Del Potro for knocking the stuffing out of Djokovic two days ago, though Novak has come back after other grueling semifinals and won, so all credit to Murray. And I actually thought it was a pretty good match? Good ball striking, not a ton of unforced errors, lots of hard-fought points. I enjoyed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    And I actually thought it was a pretty good match? Good ball striking, not a ton of unforced errors, lots of hard-fought points. I enjoyed it.
    Agreed. I thought it was a high-quality match, not boring at all.

One thing I always appreciate at Wimbledon: the awards ceremony is much shorter than that at the French or Australian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    So happy about Murray winning! No more hearing about Fred Perry and the 77-year-and-counting title drought! And Murray really did play brilliantly and showed physical and emotional grit. I think he can thank Del Potro for knocking the stuffing out of Djokovic two days ago, though Novak has come back after other grueling semifinals and won, so all credit to Murray. And I actually thought it was a pretty good match? Good ball striking, not a ton of unforced errors, lots of hard-fought points. I enjoyed it.
    I thought it was a pretty good match, too. The 3-sets that were played had a lot of changes in momentum and a lot of varied points. It was neat to see two solid returners trying to exploit each other's movements. The 3-drop shots in a row that Novak hit were awesome.

Congrats to Andy, very exciting to have witnessed the occasion! I think he's going to complete the grand-slam in the next two years.

vCash
    Andy and the Grand Slam? do you mean calendar year or career? Either way, the mountain known as Nadal at the French stands in his way. I think that man will keep winning the French until he hits middle age.... or injury gets him first. But, I agree for the most part, Andy is going to have a good time in the next few years.

vCash
    Thrilled for Murray and today's win. Watching a replay of the final right now. I can't think of anything that would be the American equivalent of Murray winning this title. I just remember seeing his face everywhere in London during the Olympics last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Andy and the Grand Slam? do you mean calendar year or career? Either way, the mountain known as Nadal at the French stands in his way. I think that man will keep winning the French until he hits middle age.... or injury gets him first. But, I agree for the most part, Andy is going to have a good time in the next few years.
    There is also Novak Djokovic who is a fabulous clay courter, even though he hasnt won the French, and is a MUCH better clay courter than Murray. Murray winning the French would be a hercules task, but not impossible I suppose, but would probably require the draw collapsing a bit like the womens event at this years Wimbledon.

Glad he won Wimbledon though. This elevates him into higher stature than he was previously for sure.

vCash
    I am thrilled for Andy Yesterday I just had a good feeling and somehow knew that it was his time to win it
    A great day now bring on the royal baby

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast