Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Novak makes me have naughty thoughts, and I'm not even a huge fan! LOL

Good for Murray for getting to the final, better luck next time.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Novak makes me have naughty thoughts, and I'm not even a huge fan! LOL
    He has the most delicious looking thighs

He's so tall and even more handsome in person IMO,

vCash
    Novak is notorious for being a slow starter, so I wasn't at all surprised at this tentative 1st-set performance. I think even if Murray had broken Novak in the 1st game of the 2nd set and had won the set, Novak would have won the match in 5.

Can't wait for Nadal's return! It will put a wrench in upcoming draws, as the top-3 may have to face him in the quarters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    He has the most delicious looking thighs

He's so tall and even more handsome in person IMO,
    He could walk in any runway show. He has the looks and the lean, muscular body. But I think Murray is sexier (I prefer unconventional good looks. )

vCash
    You could just see Murray shifting from offense back to defense. I bet Lendl smacks him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    This has to go down as the most undeserving slam title and tennis history, and the most unpopular one as well. I cant in all my years following tennis recall a player, no matter how unpopular, booed throughout an entire slam final, cheered at their double faults and errors, and booed after winning (if one can even use that word) the match and championship, LOL! I wonder if she will even be booed at the trophy presentation which would be another tennis first. I was fairly netural to Azarenka before this event, but now she is definitely one of my least favorite player. I hope a healthy Serena pounds the daylights out of her throughout the remainder of 2013.
    Because Serena is a great representative of good sportsmanship. I have immense respect for her abilities and her GS record, but she's engaged in some ridiculous on-court antics throughout her career that have made her very unpopular outside of North America.

IMO, after Justine Henin (don't even get me started on her), Serena represents the worst in on-court behaviour in the womens game.

vCash
    Just read a thread at Tennisforum, about how Li Na's mother thinks Na should start giving her grandkids and age 35 is the deadline.

I guess tennis mothers are like any other mothers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Just read a thread at Tennisforum, about how Li Na's mother thinks Na should start giving her grandkids and age 35 is the deadline.
    Too funny! Sounds like Li Na's mom is a hoot like she is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aidan View Post
    Because Serena is a great representative of good sportsmanship. I have immense respect for her abilities and her GS record, but she's engaged in some ridiculous on-court antics throughout her career that have made her very unpopular outside of North America.

IMO, after Justine Henin (don't even get me started on her), Serena represents the worst in on-court behaviour in the womens game.
    Serena's only poor instances of sportsmanship came at the U.S Open and they came AFTER:

1. Being screwed out of a quarterfinal victory and possible U.S Open title by a series of the most ridiculous line calls and overrules in history in her U.S Open quarterfinal with Jennifer Capriati. Remember this match was THE reason the Challenge System was created.

2. Dealing with fans from her own country cheering against her and her own sister relentlessly for years. The cause for that is a matter of conjecture, but it is something that would be upsetting to anyone.

3. Being foot faulted on a huge point in her U.S Open semifinal. Since when has this ever happened on such a big point in such a big match to anyone but her.

After dealing with all that, then the point penalty in the U.S Open final vs Stosur, another unheard of thing in such a big match for something so trivial, I would have a hard time keeping my cool as well.

Serena is overall a class act and one of the most like players on the WTA tour. Hardly anyone has had a bad word to say about her. She plays with fire and determination, but she also is one of the friendliest and nicest women in the game today. She would never use the underhanded, manipulative, and plain outright cheating acts that Justine Henin used MANY times, or that Azarenka used at this Australian Open. One thing about Serena is even if her two U.S Open acts were not very classy, they were in no way related to cheating, Serena has never tried to actually cheat in a tennis match, not even the minor forms of cheating like strangely timed bathroom breaks, let alone the most glaring ones.

vCash
    Just popping in to say YAY Canada! for moving into the quarters in Davis Cup for the first time ever! Hopefully we will not be underestimated anymore in intl. tennis. Kudos to Milos for his 2 wins, Frank for the match of his life on Friday to put us in the good spot and Vasek and Daniel for wearing out Granollers in the doubles, speculating the line-up change today.

Awesome team! Hopefully they can play similar in April against Italy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Serena's only poor instances of sportsmanship came at the U.S Open and they came AFTER:

1. Being screwed out of a quarterfinal victory and possible U.S Open title by a series of the most ridiculous line calls and overrules in history in her U.S Open quarterfinal with Jennifer Capriati. Remember this match was THE reason the Challenge System was created.

2. Dealing with fans from her own country cheering against her and her own sister relentlessly for years. The cause for that is a matter of conjecture, but it is something that would be upsetting to anyone.

3. Being foot faulted on a huge point in her U.S Open semifinal. Since when has this ever happened on such a big point in such a big match to anyone but her.

After dealing with all that, then the point penalty in the U.S Open final vs Stosur, another unheard of thing in such a big match for something so trivial, I would have a hard time keeping my cool as well.

Serena is overall a class act and one of the most like players on the WTA tour. Hardly anyone has had a bad word to say about her. She plays with fire and determination, but she also is one of the friendliest and nicest women in the game today. She would never use the underhanded, manipulative, and plain outright cheating acts that Justine Henin used MANY times, or that Azarenka used at this Australian Open. One thing about Serena is even if her two U.S Open acts were not very classy, they were in no way related to cheating, Serena has never tried to actually cheat in a tennis match, not even the minor forms of cheating like strangely timed bathroom breaks, let alone the most glaring ones.
    Uhhhhh, thanks for proving my point. Her on-court antics show that she does not represent class or sportsmanship. And it has happened on more than one occasion.

Rationalize Serena's behaviour if you want, but if you consider Serena to be an "overall class act" even after she threatens a linesperson screaming "I swear to God I’m [expletive] going to take this [expletive] ball and shove it down your [expletive] throat, you hear that? I swear to God.”, then I don't really know what to say to you....

There is a difference between disputing a call and just being a nasty, threatening person, and Serena has crossed that line more than once. To put it in perspective, even Jon McEnroe said she should have been suspended for her on court behaviour!

Amazing athlete - absolutely. Classy player - absolutely not.
    Last edited by aidan; 02-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Rafa takes the first step in his comeback today. I'm really intrigued to see how far he can go in his quest to return to the very top. I wish him well; much as I love Andy, Novak and Roger, the game's been the poorer for Rafa's absence.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Well, Rafa won his first double and first singles matches back. Fingers crossed for those knees!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    He says his knees have healed but he's still in constant pain. I wonder how much, if at all, this pain will be a factor in his big match comeback.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Sets in the City - Tennis 2012 III

Can you be fully healed and still in pain? Isn't pain your body's way of telling you something is wrong. I don't think this will end well for him.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I'm not sure; I just read it in an interview. Maybe he's reluctant to say that he'll never be fully healed because it might give his opponents a psychological advantage. Time will tell.

vCash
    Sending positive thoughts to rafa!!!!!

I am sure his return will be a success, and he will fight for titles because of his skill and incredible fighting mentality, but only time will tell how long that body will be able to keep up to his bruising style of play. He might be mentally tougher than probably anyone on tour, but even that can't help you if the body is broken.

vCash
    Rafa won his second round singles match but my goodness, it was poor. If Gimeno-Traver wasn't such a choke artist who wastes break points, it could have been interesting. Rafa's movement was noticeably diminished and his return was horrendous. The forehand was good (a little bit deeper). All in all, he has a long way to go.

vCash
    Nadal lost in the final to #7x Horacio Zeballos. It looks like the Brasil Open is next for him.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Somewhat related (yes, it's a stretch) comeback news. Alexandra Dulgheru had surgery on both knees in early 2012. She finally came back in January, won a smaller tournament in Antalya, and made it past the first round in Cali as a wildcard yesterday. This was the same tournament she won last year, so its nice to see her back. Just wanted to share some good news re knee injury comebacks.

http://www.wtatennis.com/completed-m.../copa-bionaire

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast