Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    I'd be a bit surprised to see her take the title, though.
    Once Serena makes the quarters she is a lock to win basically. Who is going to beat her at that point. Sharapova or Azarenka, LOL!

vCash
    I'm really glad to see Sveta back and playing well. She's truly a joy to watch when she's on.

vCash
    Yay, Kuznetsova! She really did play well (and she pushed Wozniacki out). Happy for Sloane Stephens, too. for Wawrinka. He did so much better than expected, so it must be gutting to come away with the L.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Very nice.

I'm with you on Rafter (not so much on Djokovic). Why couldn't they have thrown in a piccie of my fave, Ancic?
    Ancic is a cutie. But god damn it, Pat Rafter only needs to take those briefs off and he has a loyal husband for the next 70 years.. I swear he's all I'd need for the next 70. Just wow. PRaf.

vCash
    posting this for the great pic of J-WT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...6-6-3-6-2.html
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I'd love to see Na make the final. I mean, I'd love Vika to win, but she's not beating Serena, and for sheer unpredictability, Na is tops. I think a Na-Serena final would be the most competitive.

vCash
    Sloane just had a chance to take the 2nd set from Serena, choked it away.

vCash
    now Serena is being seen by a medic

vCash
    Serena's oh-woe-is-me attitude on the court is annoying.

vCash
    This is some great tennis!

vCash
    WOW!!

vCash
    that Serena is gonzo! Congrats to Sloane for really holding her nerve and pulling through.
    Kyle

vCash
    That was so impressive. She did what Wawrinka almost did! If she can hold her nerve and beat Serena, why not those remaining?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    If Sharapova loses then she should be really really upset with herself. She has only lost 9 games this entire tournament but I've seen her do this before and then she goes down as soon as she faces a top 10 test. I am curious to see what happens.

Stephens should be thrilled to be in the semi-finals but I think it says a lot that she barely beat an injured (??) Serena who was not herself today. I think she will be pretty easily handled in the semis and lose 2 and 3.

Now I have jinxed and Stephens will win the whole thing.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

Sets in the City - Tennis 2012 III

Well, it's a tall test for her to come back tomorrow after this major a win. I wouldn't expect her to take the semi either. But kudos to her for not letting Serena break back as has happened to many other players.

vCash
    I hope Maria takes advantage of this opportunity to win another Australian Open. I wasn't convinced she had no shot against Serena, but her chances are undoubtedly much better now.

vCash
    One never knows how injured Serena is during a match. She can be a drama queen on the court. But she appeared fine during the middle of the 3rd set. She was moving well and serving big. Sloane was simply reading her serves and getting them back in play. Once you get Serena in a rally, you have a great opportunity to win the point.

I think Maria's best chance to win the title is if Sloane pulls off another upset. Vika owns Maria.

vCash
    I am a Serena fan but I dont think it is far to say she lost due to injury. She was probably still a bit injured, but nobody was noticing her injury anymore the last couple matches. Sloane just outplayed her on the day, especialy in the backcourt rallies. What a huge opportunity this is for the other women though, especialy Azarenka and Sharapova, both who needed Serena gone to have a hope and now she is. Na is the only one left who might have been able to beat Serena on her own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Once Serena makes the quarters she is a lock to win basically. Who is going to beat her at that point. Sharapova or Azarenka, LOL!
    Do you ever make any accurate predictions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am a Serena fan but I dont think it is far to say she lost due to injury. She was probably still a bit injured, but nobody was noticing her injury anymore the last couple matches. Sloane just outplayed her on the day, especialy in the backcourt rallies. What a huge opportunity this is for the other women though, especialy Azarenka and Sharapova, both who needed Serena gone to have a hope and now she is. Na is the only one left who might have been able to beat Serena on her own.
    Within the last year a half, Vika has played Serena the best. Na is still too inconsistent and lacks variety to beat SW. You need to be willing to go to the net against Serena in order to beat her; Vika has the best volley and net game between Na and Maria.

I think it will be a Na/Azarenka Final and Vika repeating. Vika is so much better on hard courts when she goes to the net.

I was a little sad to see Serena lose, I like Serena but I was kind of wishing Sloane would do well. Most of the board know how much I love Sloane's game, now she's maturing mentally. I expect a huge season from her baring no injuries. Her favorite surface "clay" is coming up and by Wimbledon, Sloane may be top 15!!!
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast