Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Happy Birthday, Feliciano...you handsome devil you! !Felicidades!

vCash
    Federer Receives Death Threat in Shanghai

Very graphic death threat. I hope he stays safe.

“On October 6, I plan to assassinate Federer for the purpose of tennis extermination,” read the message, posted under the name ‘Blue Cat Polytheistic Religion Founder 07′ on baidu.com.

The user also posted a doctored image showing a decapitated Federer on his knees on a tennis court, with a masked executioner dressed in black and holding an axe posing next to him

vCash
    Sheesh

vCash
    That's so creepy

Djokovic and Azarenka won the titles in Beijing. Vika is very close to clinching the year end #1 ranking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    That's so creepy

Djokovic and Azarenka won the titles in Beijing. Vika is very close to clinching the year end #1 ranking.
    If Sharapova and Azarenka both have no more tournaments planned the remainder of the year, if Azarenka goes 2-1 in the RR at the YEC and loses in the semis, and Sharapova goes 3-0 in the RR and then wins the YEC, Azarenka would lose the year end #1 to Sharapova. Not that I see that happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Federer Receives Death Threat in Shanghai

Very graphic death threat. I hope he stays safe.
    Has the creep been apprehended?

vCash
    Fan Apologizes for Death Threat

The fan, who posted on the popular Chinese site Baidu.com under the handle "Blue Cat Polytheism Founder 07" says he got caught up in the heat of a message board debate and said something he didn't mean.
    "I'm terribly sorry," the poster said. "I was arguing with Federer fans and then I wrote something stupid ... I hope that the organizers can understand me, forgive me, and if possible send my apologies to Federer and his family."

vCash
    It's still unacceptable.

vCash
    This had me

Gangnam Style by Laura Robson and Eugenie Bouchard, with cameos from Maria Sharapova, Jo-Wilfried Tsong and Samantha Stosur (among others)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    And this is why internet forums sometimes frighten me. I (quite rightly) dismiss almost everything I read if it's total nonsense, yet many of the things I read on tennis-forum.com do still really alarm me. Tennis fans seem an... "interesting" lot. This place is sedated in comparison

vCash
    it's so true - both men's and women's forums are just odd, it's a whole different language

as for World Tour Finals qualification, looks like Janko Tipsarevic has the upper hand on the final spot for London with John Isner perhaps sneaking in as well if Juan Martin del Potro cannot participate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It's still unacceptable.
    Yeah, it reminds me of a 49ers player last year who got death threats through Twitter for dropping a pass. Unbelievable.

vCash
    Many congratulations to Heather Watson on winning the HP Open in Japan

Watson becomes the first British woman since Sara Gomer in 1988 to win a WTA title. The great thing about Laura Robson's surge up the rankings is that it has now spurred Watson on to up her game. There is nothing like a domestic rivalry to inspire each of the rivals onto greater heights.

Watson now moves into the top 50 and moves back ahead of Laura as British number 1.

I think both Watson and Robson have the potential to break into the top 10 next season.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 10-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.

vCash
    Great for Watson. And you are so right. Healthy competition between her and Robson should propel both of them forward. It worked for Henin and Clijsters.

vCash
    This is a huge result for Heather Watson and British Women's Tennis in general. That being said, I did think Robson would be the first to win a WTA event... but either way I am thrilled for Heather. First British woman to win in almost 25 years in singles on the WTA

This really has been such a huge year for British Sport in general and this is just icing on the cake really. Heather is a scrappy player and really earned it. This will spur Laura and Heather on to bigger and better things next season.
    Kyle

vCash
    Novak saved 5 match points to beat Murray and take Shangai!

vCash
    That was an awesome Shanghai final! The 2nd-set tie-break was amazing. Novak's game went south last year after the USO, but not this year.

vCash
    I think having both Heather and Laura move up the rankings at the same time will help split the attention from the press.

Baltacha and Keothavong have had many chances already and have been injured too often to sustain good form. Time to move on.

vCash
    All this crazy hype about a player winning a relatively minor tournament has me . I mean, it's a great achievement for Heather, but the British media is as loony as always.

vCash
    Well, they have to hype her properly so they can turn on her in a bit, innit?

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast