Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I thought this first live was so awkward. There are many good singers this year but the song choices, the production and the style were horrible tonight. Really, what they (the mentors) were thinking of?

Britney Spears was specially bad as a mentor. When I saw what Carly Rose Sonenclar was wearing the first thought that came to my mind was "Hit me baby one more time" . That Flo Rida song was an awful choice for her! Still, even with the poor choice of music and staging, the girl is a star and she did good. But she can do so much better than this. Best voice in competition, IMHO.
    Last edited by masofs; 11-01-2012 at 04:13 AM.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Am I the only one who thought the sound quality was terrible?! Especially those smoke cannons ... they were louder than the singer! I could barely hear the singers over the special effects and just overall noise. Is that the sound technicians or the production team? Someone needs to go back to training, whoever it was. That was terrible.

I liked the Emblem 3 and Willie Jones best. I thought Willie was great! Maybe a little more spark since it was such a party song, but I loved him. And yea I kinda do agree with Simon about too many dancers, etc., but again, Willie sang a party song! I thought it all went well.

And someone please tell me how "1432" equals "I Love You Too"?????

And can we please please PLEASE fire Khole Kardashian before tomorrow nights show!! She was borderline rude several times I thought. Pushing Demi to answer who was the best in the girl group? Totally understand her not wanting to name names (as Simon didn't either and he said the same thing!) ... although it was probably more of she didn't know her name. But it was just mean that Khole kept pushing her to come up with a name. Why didn't she harass Simon that way? He said the same thing. Mario can totally carry this show by himself. There is no need for Khole.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I watched the first hour. This is the first time I've watched this season. The singing was bad overall and they tried to cover it up with elaborate production, but the judges were horrible. There is zero chemistry between them, the attempts at humor were forced, the snipping at the contestants is old, and Khloe Kardashian was ridiculous. I'll just stay with the Voice where the focus is on the singers actually being able to sing and the mentor interaction always makes me laugh.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Production was terrible. Sound was terrible. Camera work was terrible. The talent may be there, but you couldn't hear it or see it. I'm going to delete this from my DVR and just check in here to see how Carly, Beatrice and David fare.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I can't get over how awful the production was. There wasn't a single act that wasn't overwhelmed by the sound, smoke, dancers etc. The music choices were a hot mess(not that you could hear anything) and the judges were completely useless in providing feedback. Between Demi's makeovers and Britney's overproduced numbers, I feel sorry for the singers. Add in Khloe Kardashian and you have what can only be described as a trainwreck of a show.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    ITA with all of you. This was so bad. Just bad. Overproduced, crappy flailing choreography, terrible sound quality, awful song choices, age inappropriate for the 13 year old girls, ridiculous makeovers, fugly styling, cheesy host scripts, a talentless Kardashian, Mario Lopez can't get a word in with Khloe's babbling, the usual stupid bickering amongst the judges. Completely buried any talent that might be there -- and there is some there.

Delete and back to the Voice.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it is a shame because many of them sang well up until this point, i wonder how many articulate people were passed over to hire that loud girl.

also, having 2 hosts just added to the whole cluttered, overdone atmosphere. why have 1 host when you can have 2? why not have 900 backup singers and 40 dancers? why not dress a girl like the inside of a horse chestnut rolled in glitter?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    why not dress a girl like the inside of a horse chestnut rolled in glitter?
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to mlp again!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    And someone please tell me how "1432" equals "I Love You Too"?????
    I figurered out that was each word's number of letters: I (one) LOVE (four) YOU (three) too/to (typical teen spelling of too) And it's still a stupid name. But they won't have that name much longer. I don't see these girls staying together after tonight.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    wow, britney digs up a second pilgrim shirt

demi's hair is sort of haphazardly up in case she wants to wash her face during the show

loud girl host is overbearing, it's like being stalked by a freight train
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    how does paige walk with that satellite dish on her head?

Re-registered User
    vCash
    After a decade of loathing singing competition shows, my husband has become hooked on both The Voice and especially X-Factor. I can't decide if he is genuine or being facetious, but he is insisting on watching both. X-Factor has the worst casting and production of any of these shows that I've seen. I still love Britney though.

Jason's number was the most disappointing last night. I kind of hope he stays though. It's not boring.

eta- just looked up and saw Demi for the first time tonight. Apparently Granny Clampett is back in fashion.
    Last edited by rjblue; 11-02-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'm so happy jason is moving on, i think happier than when my electricity came back on

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Tonight's show really shows how much easier it is to sing with a mike and simple backing track, instead of in a big production number. X Factor needed to recruit some Broadway talent- or they need to get better producers for their big numbers.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Damn. I was hoping Demi could keep Willie and get rid of that damn CeCe. Gawd I cannot stand her! At least I don't think there is any way she will win. I just hope that Paige outlasts her and CeCe goes first.

Based on my impression that its mostly young teen girls who actually vote on this show (I don't vote, just watch), Emblem 3 has got this sucker wrapped up. I wouldn't mind that. They are likable and they ain't half bad. I thought they were great last night.

Really surprised that Simon kept 1432 over Sister C. But so glad he is forcing them to change their name!! Although I don't think it will matter much. They won't last much longer.

How many will get voted out each week now? Just one per week?

And what did Demi's comment mean about the song that 1432 sang? Something about the original person who sings that song? Can't remember what she said, and I have no idea what that song was to go look and see who sings it.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    And what did Demi's comment mean about the song that 1432 sang? Something about the original person who sings that song? Can't remember what she said, and I have no idea what that song was to go look and see who sings it.
    the song was recorded by demi, it was nice of her to say it

vCash
    Damn. I was hoping Demi could keep Willie and get rid of that damn CeCe. Gawd I cannot stand her! At least I don't think there is any way she will win. I just hope that Paige outlasts her and CeCe goes first.
    Cece is occasionally awesome and Willie is IMO a very average karaoke singer. So the result was correct to me. The only choice that kinda bummed me out was Diamond being eliminated but I like Bea the best from that category so I'm just glad she's in.

Its one per week usually on the UK and Aussie shows, with the occasional double elim. Make sure you have some knitting or a computer nearby to distract yourself, because they draw those elimination segments out like there's no tomorrow. It gets very hard to sit through sometimes, all the hemming and hawing.

vCash
    Ms. Kardashian is one of the worst "hosts" a show could have.
    Any inclination I have to watch disappears when she is on my screen.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Ms. Kardashian is one of the worst "hosts" a show could have.
    Any inclination I have to watch disappears when she is on my screen.
    why does she do all the talking? mario is much better but that loud girl is running roughshod over all their bits. i would rather have that guy steve they fired than her. i'd rather have dunkelman than her.

vCash
    The eliminations:
    Arin vs Diamond - both have problems but Arin tends to flat out on some of his notes & he does it every song. I would have kept Diamond.
    David vs Jason - first of all, Vino should have been up for elimination & then going home, but I guess Jason staying was the best choice although I really liked David throughout the comp.
    Sister C vs 1432 - toss-up, I didn't like either group at all. Besides getting a new name, 1432 needs to pick a lead singer or 2 & the rest sing back-up. I thought the 2 on the end on the right are the best singers. The black girl is really good too. The other 2 girls should never solo.
    Willie vs CeCe - I don't like Willie's voice at all & I can't stand CeCe but I thought Cece did better on the sing-off. She's fodder though.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast