Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Diamond was good, but I get that squicky feeling when 13 year olds sing about feeling the heat with somebody.

Vino's song didn't have the right range for him, and he needs to stop wearing a jacket with shoulder pads because he looks like Quasimodo when he hunches over to sign and the shoulder pads poof up around his ears.

Paige -- one of the best of the night. Definitely her best. She moved well, and seemed to find her pitch while moving better than she does when standing still.

Carly Rose - a few pitch issues in the beginning in the low register, but then she did some really great things with the song. But I am sick of hearing people cover this, and I also got that squicky feeling about her singing such a mature song at 13.

Fifth Harmony - a few pitchy moments - a little boring because they just stood on their platform. Not enough harmony.

Tate - another good country vocal, I like him being upbeat. Don't think the dancing looked any worse than any country guy dancing.

Cece - no, don't do something that we associate with 1) fierce Patti Labelle, and 2) fierce Xtina, Pink, Mya, Lil Kim. It failed by comparison. Pitchy. She had a hard time maintaining vocal control while moving around and she looked awkward.

Emblem 3 -- I agreed with Demi, this was dull. They just flopped around. Singing not that good.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Paige was boring but danced well, Tate was boring and chunky, Vino was scary and boring, Diamond and Carly both hurt my ears and were boring, 5th Harmony was extra boring, really disappointing how they just all sing together and do nothing original with any song.

Cece was at least wildly entertaining because every other line is amazing and then the next line is horrible. I want her in the top 3 cause most of the other people bore the stuffing out of me. Emblem 3 did their job well enough- I can't believe Drew is so restricted by clothing that he has to tear it off as soon as the song is done, lolz. Works for me though. They have a tendency to sound like howling dogs at times but Keaton does have a fairly nice voice and Drew entertains with the raps. These 2 acts need to stay or this show will be total dullsville.

I predict Vino gets the dump straight away, and then a singoff between Diamond and Paige or maybe 5th Harmony.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if it werent for you, i wouldnt even know that emblem 3 had names
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I loved Carly Rose and Cece. I don't like Paige, Tate, Vino or Diamond. I also don't like Emblem 3. They are like any other boy group and their is notring special about them or Fifth Harmony
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    if it werent for you, i wouldnt even know that emblem 3 had names
    Or that every singer is boring. Good to know.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i thought diamond sounded like a terminally ill otter bellowing for one last bucket of fish. but i guess they think they can sell a tween before they can sell someone > 30 who is covered head to toe in prison tats.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm absolutely disgusted with the X-Factor results tonight. There's no question who won that singoff. And the wrong one got saved. WHY wouldn't Simon let it go to the public vote???

vCash
    I thought this was Diamond's worst performance but her body of work has been much more enjoyable to me than Vino's. I really can't stand to look at Vino when he sings, he hunches over & gestures strangely with his arms. Plus all the ugly tattoos, the knit cap most of the time, & the strange drawn-on hair.

IMO Diamond shouldn't even have been there....WHO is voting for Cece?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    WHO is voting for Cece?
    Definitely not me! Never voted for the 2 groups either.

vCash
    IMO Diamond shouldn't even have been there....WHO is voting for Cece?
    Vote for the worst? With viewership and voting down, any semi organized group would have a good chance of tipping the scales.

Eta, the VFTW site is crowing about how "CeCe was destroyed until VFTW made her our pick."
    Last edited by Aceon6; 11-30-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    That was Diamond's worst performance so far. Vino definitely sounded better, but I don't like his hunched over presentation either.

I bet Diamond will be doing nothing but ballads since her two upbeat songs have landed her on the bottom.

Looks like this is Carly's or Tate's -- they are 1-2 every week.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Carly or Tate winning...they are the most consistant & both sound radio ready.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    CECE FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    I'm absolutely disgusted with the X-Factor results tonight. There's no question who won that singoff. And the wrong one got saved. WHY wouldn't Simon let it go to the public vote???
    Because Simon knows Diamond has the potential to sell a decent amount of music while Vino will sell 10,000 copies and then be dropped from his label.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i thought diamond sounded like a terminally ill otter bellowing for one last bucket of fish.
    So is that a YAY or a NAY??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Because Simon knows Diamond has the potential to sell a decent amount of music while Vino will sell 10,000 copies and then be dropped from his label.

because when the dancers pushed her across the stage in that big luggage cart, i felt like bieber is an unappreciated genius

and dont get on the cece bandwagon w haribobo, for whatever reason he only likes contestants w a psychosis, for him the singing is at best tertiary

vCash
    I'm not a country music fan but TATE FTW!! I have to listen to a country station whenever my husband & I are in the car together, and IMO Tate is as good as 99% of what I hear, plus he's so likable. Carly will be fine without the win. She already has a pretty impressive resume.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm not a country music fan but TATE FTW!!
    He could be the next Buddy Jewell, all right.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Who's Buddy Jewell? Oh well, as long as he's not the next Randy Travis....his family wouldn't like that.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    How is this unplugged?

Cece was really pitchy. Bad transition notes.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    and yet it was perhaps her best effort since the judges house

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Who's Buddy Jewell? Oh well, as long as he's not the next Randy Travis....his family wouldn't like that.
    First winner of Nashville Star (like a country American Idol) .. Miranda Lambert came in 3rd that year. Sometimes better not to win!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast