Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Tate actually made me want to go to a bonfire. Sounds fun.

Carly Rose ok on Your Song.

E3 are 16, 19, and 20. Still not doing much for me.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    emblem 3 sounds like someone got those singing 1 direction dolls and put very old batteries in them
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I liked Tate's 1st song better than the 2nd. In fact I loved the 1st song. The 2nd was kind of boring. I was glad it was made obvious that the 1st song represents the kind of artist he wants to be. I don't think L.A. has let him have enough input into song selection.

I didn't like either of Carly's songs. The 1st one was too far from the melody & the 2nd was boring & unimaginative. Do we really need to hear Imagine for the 10 millionth time? Her clothes tonight were a miss...her gold slacks in the 1st song were so unflattering & her clunky shoes detracted from the 2nd one. There is something so old ladyish about her. I don't think she's shown her personality at all.

I didn't like either of Emblem 3's song selections tonight. I thought the 1st song was too dated & the 2nd - Hey Jude - it's never been a favorite of mine...it goes on too long & it's too repetitive. And they are still not very good singers.

I thought Simon was right - Fifth Harmony won the night. I loved their 1st song, it was so much fun. The 2nd song really showed off their beautiful voices. All 5 are really talented.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    their hey jude was like a drill squad half time rendition. since there was no attempt to sing, it wasnt bad for them

ita that simon's girls won the night. their first song was like a barbie dream house commercial, so bright and shiny! i loved it. i feel like the groups thrown together last minute in simon's cabana are at a disadvantage since they have no pimping until that point.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Loved Tate's first number. Second was kinda because it was a slow song. He should have finished with something even bigger than his first number. It was good, I thought he did it very well, but he was much better on the first number.

Carly was just okay for me tonight, but good gawd do I freaking hate Imagine! She lost my vote just from the song pick.

And just when I thought it was bad enough hearing Carly sing my most hated song ever, Emblem 3 comes along and sings my 2nd most hated song ever, and that's where they lost me on Hey Jude. At least they didn't have to learn too many words for the second song. And now it will be in my head for days.

I was never into Fifth Harmony, but after the song choices, I think they might just squeeze into that third spot for the Finals. but what the hell was with that big bow on whoever it was in the first number. And what the heck was that song? I don't think I've ever heard that in my life. Although their dresses were kinda cute ... but that bow.

I think Tate just might pull this off. Hope he goes with party songs for the finals and not ballads.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    ITA with the comments above -

Best song: Tate's bonfire
    Best overall: 5th Harmony
    Boring: Carly (Good vocals, but repetitive like the 2 songs were the same); Tate's second song (good vocal, but zzzz)
    Not even close to being "superstar" material: Emblem 3

Oh, and Diamond White deserves a shout out for being sooooo sweet to Carly Rose. For someone so young, that girl can keep her $h!t together when she's down -- she takes it all in stride and doesn't ball her eyes out.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Count me in as another who agrees with regards to Tate's first song, Fifth Harmony overall, Carly being a bit zzz and Emblem 3.

I still don't understand the love for Emblem 3. Simon is obviously pushing for this group and is hoping to recreate some of the magic he has with One Direction, but I just don't see the same charisma or spark.

Carly's performances have become monotonous for me the last few weeks. Talented girl, but somewhat zzz.

I'm hoping for a Tate Stevens, Carly Rose and Fifth Harmony final.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I would love youtube links to vocal tracks only for Emblem 3 and Fifth Harmony. My guess is the voting might change if only listening was involved and the music and background singers were not heard.

ETA: WGWG is the new pick at votefortheworst.com
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Tate for the win but not if VFTW has anything to do with it. I want Fifth Harmony to come in 1st or 2nd.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lol, britney looked like she was gonna serve up a beatdown, cajun style

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    lol, britney looked like she was gonna serve up a beatdown, cajun style
    Her reaction after Fifth Harmony was announced as the first act going through to the finals was priceless. Her facial expressions are just

vCash
    I have a feeling we will never hear from Emblem 3 again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    And that would probably be a very good thing ...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Just like One Direction after they got booted off the U.K version?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    What does WGWG mean in reference to Tate? And why would Tate be their pick because Tate is actually, well GOOD. He performs just as well as any of those new country singers you see on the country award shows. I hadn't looked to see who their pick was after CeCe got booted, but was thinking it would probably be Fifth Harmony. So I'm confused about why Tate is their pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    What does WGWG mean in reference to Tate? And why would Tate be their pick because Tate is actually, well GOOD. He performs just as well as any of those new country singers you see on the country award shows. I hadn't looked to see who their pick was after CeCe got booted, but was thinking it would probably be Fifth Harmony. So I'm confused about why Tate is their pick.
    White Guy With Guitar - Phrase coined when it became apparent that only WGWGs could win AI.

As for VFTW, it's run by hipsters (or wannabe hipsters) who are too cool for school. Tate's not their cuppa.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I usually don't like the group performances but this one was quite good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1nN4vA_ZVM.

And Fifth Harmony were amazing with the Ellie Goulding's song. It was so much fun.
    Last edited by masofs; 12-14-2012 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    The girls of Fifth Harmony were so lip synching the harmonies in their first performance tonight. Now I notice that they did the same thing last week with this song.

Leann Rimes ruining this duet with Carly Rose Sonenclar... Poor girl.
    Last edited by masofs; 12-20-2012 at 02:06 AM.

vCash
    I thought Leann was 100 X better than Carly. Her voice is so rich & Carly's is immature at this stage.

vCash
    Leann has a great voice but she wasn't singing well and she was completely off key. Also she was looking a real mess and she tried to upstage Carly. Carly was trying to harmonize and Leann just walking all over it...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast