Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm just watching last night's episode. that after Emblem 3 performed and Mario is talking to the group, musclehead keeps trying to talk, but can't be heard. I doubt his microphone was turned on during his performance either.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    who keeps dressing bea like a newsy from the post apocalypse?

cece really cant sing any of these songs they pick for her. she sounded a lot better when she was a honey badger.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    The football game went over time so my tape cut off before the show ended. I don't know who the judges sent home.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    arin and bea
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Poor kid...I saw she & Cece were in the bottom but she started crying before they ever called her name and she was crying when she started her song. Which judges picked her to go home?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    demi and LA picked bea to go home, britney picked cece. simon said that cece has been in the bottom a lot but this seemed to be very hard on bea and it wasnt her time or she wasnt ready and he sent her home.

vCash
    Maybe Cece will go for good next week. I would like her to take Emblem 3 with her.

vCash
    How can Cece still be there? I have given up on so many of these shows - they are not really looking for talent - just entertainment. Either that or I really, really need to have my hearing checked.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    How can Cece still be there? I have given up on so many of these shows - they are not really looking for talent - just entertainment. Either that or I really, really need to have my hearing checked.
    Well this one is called the X factor so they are allowed to look for some entertaining people. I don't think its possible to make an argument that Cece should've gone home over Bea or Arin. All 3 were pretty much tanking every week. Lyric or Jason, however, yes, should have outlasted Cece. Its not like she will be around much longer so I don't really get too excited either way. Every season there is a lightning rod of sorts who escapes eviction despite bad performances and hatred- they kind of set up Cece to play this role since the beginning just as they did with Rylan from xf uk. This villain contestant always makes it quite a ways before finally getting the ax. Once you know the formula it becomes much less frustrating to witness. The funny thing is- I think cece actually does have potential to do some pretty cool performances, but instead she is consistently saddled with big diva ballads and themes that call for them. That really isn't her ticket to the big leagues, her voice can't handle them, and I wish Demi or whoever picks her songs would figure that out.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    they should have let her stay a villain then. she sang better when she was overbearing. now she's a weepy underachiever who will soon be back to selling stamps.

vCash
    Is there really someone called Diamond White on this show? That's the brand name of the tramps choice of cheapest nastiest cider in the UK

vCash
    I do think there is something cool about Cece and she could go places. I liked her way better before they changed her to a bleached blonde and I thought she was okay as sort of the "tough" chick. I doubt she sings any worse then a lot of the pop stars of today - I just feel that now I have heard her sing live - the cat is kind of out of the bag as far as her vocals go.
    pug lover

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    The only act that does not go off-key on a regular basis is Fifth Harmony. Everybody else has pitch problems. CeCe has been doing big ballads that show errors more clearly than the songs that most everyone else does. The only act that might have a career once this show ends is Emblem 3. And that is because they are cute and they are male. Their success will have nothing to do with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    The only act that does not go off-key on a regular basis is Fifth Harmony. Everybody else has pitch problems. The only act that might have a career once this show ends is Emblem 3. And that is because they are cute and they are male. Their success will have nothing to do with talent.
    All false statements, IMO. Vino and Carly have good pitch. 5th harmony varies between good and totally mediocre, so their good pitch doesn't much matter if their songs suck. Emblem 3 are cute and male, but so are a lot of guys who have never gone anywhere. They were smart to get themselves in such good shape because yes, looks matter, but they aren't without talent. I enjoy most of their performances to some degree because they have an interesting sound and great energy and a sense of fun, which I haven't felt with several of the hot boy bands of XF UK and Aussie- so for me its not all about the looks. But the looks do help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    All false statements, IMO. Vino and Carly have good pitch. 5th harmony varies between good and totally mediocre, so their good pitch doesn't much matter if their songs suck. Emblem 3 are cute and male, but so are a lot of guys who have never gone anywhere. They were smart to get themselves in such good shape because yes, looks matter, but they aren't without talent. I enjoy most of their performances to some degree because they have an interesting sound and great energy and a sense of fun, which I haven't felt with several of the hot boy bands of XF UK and Aussie- so for me its not all about the looks. But the looks do help.
    ITA.

IMO, Carly will be the winner and I think she could have a good career (she already has one on Broadway). She has a great voice, a good control and is very mature for her age.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Once I nail my audition and make it on to the X-Factor, during Thanksgiving week I will be thankful for BabyJesus and I will sing "God Bless America". I will dedicate my performance to all the missionaries who are trying to bring truth and faith to all the non-believers/Paganists on the planet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    The only act that does not go off-key on a regular basis is Fifth Harmony. Everybody else has pitch problems. CeCe has been doing big ballads that show errors more clearly than the songs that most everyone else does. The only act that might have a career once this show ends is Emblem 3. And that is because they are cute and they are male. Their success will have nothing to do with talent.
    Actually I mostly agree with this. I think 5th Harmony stays on pitch more often than anyone else. Vino has a powerful voice but for some reason, the first few stanzas of every song are draggy & frankly pretty bad & then he ends well. Plus I can't stand to look at him. What's with the hideous cap all the time? Is his head cold? And is his hair made of magic marker or tattoo? Either way it looks gross. Carly can't hit low notes & it seems that every song has a portion that she can't do. But I do think she has more of a chance making a career on Broadway than in the pop music field. She isn't current enough.

vCash
    Anyone watch last night? Any performances worth a listen, or is this another week of fast forwarding?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i thought carly and that girl group sounded best. oh and the country singer if you like that sort of thing. i have to say that overall, there was a lot less production covering all the voices.

vCash
    Diamond White went 1st. She looked great & I think it was probably her best - "I Want To Dance With Somebody".

Vino was pretty bad & got some bad reviews - "You Lost That Lovin' Feeling".

Paige was next & it was also her best, 1st time she wasn't overproduced - I think she sang "Never Gonna Give You Up".

Fifth Harmony - I liked it but they got mixed reviews - "Stronger" - one of the girl's grandfather died & she was a mess but did ok in the song.

Carly Rose - "Rolling in the Deep" - I'm so sick of this song that I can't critique this...LA said not her best, Simon raved.

Tate - good as always, he did some dancing which was pretty bad - "I Want To Love Somebody"

Cece - "Lady Marmelade" - overproduced, cutesy, candy pink dreck but she sounded a little better, Simon said pack your bags. (She had stuff stuck to her face again.)

Emblem 3 - the judges fought over this, LA liked it, Demi thought it was a mess, Simon said they were pop stars - "I'm a Believer" - the arrangement was identical to the Monkees but unfortunately the singing wasn't as good.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast