Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    One more thing...I used to think Demi was just annoying. Now she's completely insufferable.
    I think she might just be a shoe-in for playing young Hillary Clinton in the biopic -- or on SNL:
    http://www.people.com/people/article...645993,00.html

vCash
    Youtube views

Carly 90K
    5th Harmony 76K
    Emblem3 71K
    Beatrice 64K
    Diamond 64K
    Cece 64K
    Jennel 64K
    Paige 56K
    Lyric 49K
    Arin 48K
    Vino 43K
    Jason 35K
    Tate 26K

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    female host is so loud i wonder if she has a hearing problem

zomg lea michele! she's probably saying to herself, no competition here
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I wonder if they set up ahead of time for the Judges to be a vote split so we would go to the audience vote. Why bother with the Judges picking from the bottom 2 then, just go with the lowest vote getter each time and don't waste 10 minutes like they did tonight. Jason was way better in his solo than CeCe was so I wish Simon woulda went with Jason, and based on how much time was left in the show when they went to the Judges votes, you knew it was going to be a split vote. Although I'm glad that means CeCe finished 12th, so clearly I'm not the only one who doesn't like her, and I don't even call in votes.

Very surprised that Beatrice was so low in the standings. I would have had her Top 5 at a minimum. I'm guessing Simon will be doing some revamping on Emblem 3 as I was surprised they were so low also, based on my thinking its mostly young teen girls who do most of the voting on this show. I'm okay with Tate being #1 tonight. I thought he was good and I love that song.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Very surprised that Beatrice was so low in the standings. I would have had her Top 5 at a minimum. I'm guessing Simon will be doing some revamping on Emblem 3 as I was surprised they were so low also, based on my thinking its mostly young teen girls who do most of the voting on this show. I'm okay with Tate being #1 tonight. I thought he was good and I love that song.
    I think Beatrice needs to dig herself out of the hole from her song choice and staging last week. She didn't get much better this week, and it showed in the votes. As for E3, half of America didn't see them last week when they were good (TiVo and Comcast didn't have a 90 minute show in their recording schedules), and only saw them this week when they were cringe-worthy off tune.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    To me Emblem 3 seems like 3 cute boys cavorting onstage saying look at us, we're cute, it doesn't matter that we're hokey as hell or that we sounded awful.

I think Beatrice & Carly Rose both need better song choices & staging. I thought Carly's song was terribly age inappropriate, but it obviously didn't hurt her with most voters. It did affect me - I didn't vote for her. Beatrice's choice was just boring.

I feel bad for Jason, but he's a grown man. He should have said NO to those awful clothes & that bad song choice. The judges are taking all the natural charm out of most of the contestants. (I hope Jennel listens to Simon - there's still hope for her if she does.) L.A. pretty much left Tate alone which is probably why he was #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    To me Emblem 3 seems like 3 cute boys cavorting onstage saying look at us, we're cute, it doesn't matter that we're hokey as hell or that we sounded awful.
    Like Cece, Emblem 3 have talent, but are not very diverse and if the song choice isn't right, their performance becomes crap. Actually, this describes a lot of people this season for me. Vino sounded amazing in his audition and judges' house round and this week too, but his song choice last week was a disaster. Basically every contestant has had a great moment and some majorly underwhelming ones (well, besides Arin who I just find kinda pretty good all the time).

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't watch Wednesday so I didn't realize they brought Diamond back. Glad they did, but how did they make that decision? I thought maybe Simon would change the rules and steal her for his girl group.

Couldn't really tell from the clips who was good and who wasn't, but it seemed like Vino, Tate, and Diamond were good. And Lyric 145 looked entertaining again. Couldn't really tell what Carly was singing, but her voice sounded good. I thought the tweens would vote Emblem 3 higher.

I don't think I like the Jennel makeover either. Give her back her own haircolor and just rock her up. CeCe's hair looks like they dumped flour on her head and covered it with cake frosting.

Agreed that CeCe outdid Jason, but neither has the X Factor for me.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    cece has sounded absolutely awful since they dyed her hair and took away her sharpie. apparently, she needs them.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Anybody else think that they revealed the placements of the thirteen acts because when the producers saw that list, they thought, "WTF???" There is no way that Tate, Carly or Vino will have any kind of career after this show ends...we gotta let people know how low the commercial acts have placed so that these acts get more votes in the future! Mind you, it's not like Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene or Marcus Canty from last year will have big careers. Josh has yet to release anything and Chris and Marcus have already released albums. But you all knew that, right? Right? But I have to say I hope that Melanie Amaro has some success. Her debut album is to be released before year-end.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Anybody else think that they revealed the placements of the thirteen acts because when the producers saw that list, they thought, "WTF???" There is no way that Tate, Carly or Vino will have any kind of career after this show ends...we gotta let people know how low the commercial acts have placed so that these acts get more votes in the future! Mind you, it's not like Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene or Marcus Canty from last year will have big careers. Josh has yet to release anything and Chris and Marcus have already released albums. But you all knew that, right? Right? But I have to say I hope that Melanie Amaro has some success. Her debut album is to be released before year-end.
    ^This. It was producer manipulation, plain and simple. IIRC, The Voice has killed them on the two occasions they went head to head. Problem is, the target audience is watching less live TV. By the time the teens and tweens see the show, voting is closed. What Simon is left with are a few families with tweens and a sizable group of over 50s.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    But do the majority of singers from talent shows attain wide-spread success anyway? There's Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, & to a lesser degree, Kellie Pickler. Then there are the ones who have some minimal success & then either die out & or have a small career playing state fairs & small venues which IS a career & may make them happy just because they can support themselves with music, but is not really a big career. Unfortunately, I don't see Cece having even a small career in music...she has a pleasant voice but she doesn't seem to have any idea who she is musically, otherwise she wouldn't let Demi change everything about her & give her the wrong songs.

I think you may be wrong about Tate. I think it is possible for him to earn at least as much singing as he did asphalting streets. But I do think you're right about Carly & Vino. Vino's looks will probably work against him, & I've said before I think Carly should have waited a few years. She seems too immature right now for an adult career, which is fine because she's a child.

I think Diamond is a cute, likable girl, but I didn't see any reason to bring her back. I don't think she's good enough to be a teen star. Maybe I think that because every song she sings is a cover, & it's usually a cover of someone like Whitney that she can't quite do.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    last yr, simon fake canned melanie then brought her back. i think simon thinks this generates free publicity or something. if they didnt bring back diamond, it would have been someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I thought the tweens would vote Emblem 3 higher.
    Maybe the limit on the number of votes online prevents the tweens from mass voting. I think it's 50 per user ID.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Who else votes?

vCash
    I don't vote.

I really like lyric... and I am not into that music at all. I also kind of like Cece too
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I normally hate rap but I love Lyric 145. But now it needs to stop being about the costuming & the staging & start being about the song choice, kind of like when they first got together.

vCash
    When they first got put together they were really great. I thought using the Mary Poppins song (I am so noooot spelling it out- lol!) was really unique and it worked for me. I like different. IMHO they really stand out for that reason.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Everyone sounds off key. And boring. Except Lyric 145. Britney makes awful choices for her kids.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    everyone's so overproduced. the backup singers were so loud on the cowboy's song it sounded like a duet in parts. they would really benefit from an unplugged week.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast