Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Willie vs CeCe - I don't like Willie's voice at all & I can't stand CeCe but I thought Cece did better on the sing-off. She's fodder though.
    Agree. It think she's still there to make sure Jennel gets as far as she can.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I would have kept Diamond too over Arin or Beatrice. I fear Beatrice is going to have a nervous breakdown at 13, she looks so stressed all the time. Diamond was handling it really well. Arin flatted out a lot - I was surprised they raved about it.

Don't care about Sister C v 1432 or whatever they are going to be called next week. Sister C's voices work better together. Simon should add Diamond as the front girl for 1432. The other 2 groups are pretty decent in their genres so I don't see 1432 going further than next week.

Probably should have been Vino v. Jason with David safe but I don't really care about any of the over 25s. I don't think the winner is in this category.

Willie v. CeCe - CeCe was better, but who cares. Jennel is the winner of this group.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Anyone who is saying Vino should have gone out this week needs to watch his performance of "Sober" from the judges houses- his voice is *incredible*....but some combination of bad song choice and overproduction and maybe inexperience made this week's performance an utter nightmare. I'm so glad LA kept him in so he gets another shot at it- this is not a voice we should be dumping so early. That said, David was also good-ish, but I just don't think he has anything unique or fun to offer.

Agree that 3 of the girls in 1432/LYLAS are great and the other 2 I find totally average. They have something if they can get it sorted out- I'm not convinced they are out of it yet. If I had to rank based on what I've seen so far (based on auditions and judges houses more than this week), I'd go something like-

12. Tate, 11. Arin, 10. Paige, 9. Carly, 8. Jennel, 7. Cece, 6. LYLAS, 5. Beatrice, 4. Vino, 3. Lyric 145, 2. Jason, 1. Emblem 3 - but that could all change massively next week

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think of david as a less good pocket version of vino, it doesnt make sense to keep both of them
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I think I would rank at this point:
    12. 1432/LYLAS 11.Tate, 10. Arin, 9. Paige, 8. CeCe (for the annoyance factor), 7. Jason, 6. Beatrice, 5. Vino, 4. Carly, 3. Jennel, 2. Lyric 145, 1. Emblem 3

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I liked the Emblem 3 and Willie Jones best.
    It was interesting how...umm...Willie Jones..."updates" the melody of each song he sang...

I figurered out that was each word's number of letters: I (one) LOVE (four) YOU (three) too/to (typical teen spelling of too) And it's still a stupid name. But they won't have that name much longer. I don't see these girls staying together after tonight.
    I'm glad they made it through instead of Sister C. (Former) 1432 knocked it out of the park with "Skyscraper:

Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    The only choice that kinda bummed me out was Diamond being eliminated but I like Bea the best from that category so I'm just glad she's in.
    I thought Diamond was really good Wednesday and shouldn't have even had to sing for her life. I thought Beatrice was off the melody for her entire performance Wednesday night. I was shocked when Britney said that she was safe.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    bea was not good this wk but for me, she has the most potential in her group, even more than carly rage sollenberger.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    The low register was too much for Beatrice. not enough tone or power. I think she is talented and shows the most genuine emotion in her group, but she needs time.

vCash
    I'm surprised so many like Emblem 3. I really can't stand Drew/B44 guy. Take him out of the picture and I'm all in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The low register was too much for Beatrice. not enough tone or power. I think she is talented and shows the most genuine emotion in her group, but she needs time.
    Britney needs to guide her but then let her pick her own song. When a singer says they would have never picked that song, and after practice still isn't happy with the choice, the mentor needs to listen. Beatrice is my favorite singer in her group. I agree Carly has a great voice but she should have waited a few years. Bea seems more ready but both girls probably should have waited. I don't understand what the big rush is. Are they afraid their voices won't be there in a few years?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Damn. I was hoping Demi could keep Willie and get rid of that damn CeCe. Gawd I cannot stand her! At least I don't think there is any way she will win. I just hope that Paige outlasts her and CeCe goes first.

Based on my impression that its mostly young teen girls who actually vote on this show (I don't vote, just watch), Emblem 3 has got this sucker wrapped up. I wouldn't mind that. They are likable and they ain't half bad. I thought they were great last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    I'm surprised so many like Emblem 3. I really can't stand Drew/B44 guy. Take him out of the picture and I'm all in.
    People seem to have forgotten that Emblem 3 were the guys who were probably more nasty than Cece. Cece has built a wall of arrogance to hide her self-doubt, while Emblem 3 were the guys who were nice to the face of the guy who had professional experience and tried to befriend and help them. They acted one way and when he auditioned, Emblem 3 mocked the guy and talked all kinds of trash about him, when all he did was try to be nice and to help them out. They have a lot of attitude and haven't had any moments of self-realization like Cece has had. Mind you, Demi called Cece on her sh** whereas Simon thinks Emblem 3 are cool to have so much attitude.

This all makes me wonder how much of a double standard is at play. The female is a bitch and the guys are studs.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    God forbid if it came down to CeCe and Emblem 3 as the final 2, I would pick CeCe. Yeah, both are arrogant and annoying, but at least CeCe has the pipes to back her up provided she picks the right song, whereas Emblem 3 are only there b/c they know how to work the crowd. Plus I find them more annoying than CeCe.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Britney needs to guide her but then let her pick her own song. When a singer says they would have never picked that song, and after practice still isn't happy with the choice, the mentor needs to listen. Beatrice is my favorite singer in her group. I agree Carly has a great voice but she should have waited a few years. Bea seems more ready but both girls probably should have waited. I don't understand what the big rush is. Are they afraid their voices won't be there in a few years?
    I think Carly seems more emotionally ready, Bea seems more artistically ready. I think both should have waited, but maybe they are afraid that the show and the $5m wont be there in a a few years. One would think Idol will still be around though even if XFactor is gone.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I saw one episode and I thought Jason was absolutely fabulous and Britney looked like an absolute disaster.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    People seem to have forgotten that Emblem 3 were the guys who were probably more nasty than Cece. Cece has built a wall of arrogance to hide her self-doubt, while Emblem 3 were the guys who were nice to the face of the guy who had professional experience and tried to befriend and help them. They acted one way and when he auditioned, Emblem 3 mocked the guy and talked all kinds of trash about him, when all he did was try to be nice and to help them out.
    That guy was kind of a presumptuous douche though. He just kind of assumed that E3 didn't know what they were doing and twattily launched into his "go out there and live for a moment" generic stupid advice. And E3 called a spade as it was. I'm sure other contestants have said stuff like that and not had it put on the show. I'm not saying that E3 are a bunch of angels or the nicest boys around, but these acts should be allowed to have a personality and be snarky- this is not American Idol and we aren't voting for the most wholesome contestant. So far things are going great for them, but a couple naff song choices and they could be on the ropes- should be interesting to see this season play out. At the end of the day, I'm more concerned about what they are doing for me on an entertainment level, and I'll take mildly rude snarky boys with amazing abs and cool songs over nice chunky dime a dozen country singer Tate or little miss perfect Carly or I'll wear a wrecking ball on my head and a silver latex outfit to conceal that my talent is just average Paige...shall I go on?

As for Cece, I don't really know what she ever did that was so horrible? Obviously her totally wack intro where she was shown asking mildly inappropriate things to a duo/couple was some kind of bizarre scripted thing done to paint her as a controversial contestant that she agreed to play along with for tv time. I hope she is allowed to be herself as this thing goes on and isn't continually painted as the villain. The editing of these shows is so obvious and unfair, but people still eat it right up and believe all the crap they are fed. Be smarter than the editing is all I'm saying. We can only judge by what we see, but we don't have to judge so harshly and quickly. I like to keep an open mind about these people.
    Last edited by haribobo; 11-05-2012 at 04:50 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    drawing all over herself with a sharpie might not have helped her cause

but she sang better with her leopard spots, maybe she should go back to that

vCash
    I watched my DVR of The Voice & then I watched XFactor. It's hard to keep track of who is on which show. Tonight I liked Lyric 145 (they are ready for prime time), Fifth Harmony (what an improvement, they sounded amazing & looked gorgeous), Beatrice Miller, & Tate Stevens, in that order. Carly Rose sounded amazing but I hated that song for her. It seemed stupid coming from a 13yr old. I thought Emblem 3 sounded pretty amateurish.

Simon is absolutely right about Jennel's & Cece's makeovers. Cece's especially is ridiculous. One thing about her before was her gorgeous brown hair...now she looks like every other wannabe on the planet. There is nothing distinctive or pretty about her, & she's got those atrocious things down her face again. And her singing is getting worse instead of better.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Didn't really have a favorite tonight. Although I gotta say Lyric 145 was entertaining! Who woulda thunk of singing a Mary Poppins song for a rap group?! .. unless they copied someone I'm not aware of. But I actually liked their number.

Simon was totally right about Jennel. I went and watched her original audition and other performances before the live shows and she was much more, don't know what the word is I'm looking for ..... engaging and likeable? She needs to dump that style and go back to her original look. And CeCe ... so now the Sharpie extends from her face onto her overly bleached craptastic hairstyle? Simon right again on that one.

Fifth Harmony's name isn't much of an improvement over 1432, but whatever. But I thought they were much better this week. I love Jason but Simon was kinda right about his performance. He also needs to go back to his first audition personality and style.

vCash
    One more thing...I used to think Demi was just annoying. Now she's completely insufferable.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i wonder why they sell their own mp3s instead of using itunes? i assume they get more of the $. however, i think they lose a lot of sales for the inconvenience of setting up an acct.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast