Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I've seen Carly in many professional theatre productions. I know people who have worked with her in NY. She's not going to be irksome...she's always been praised for her maturity/adult-like qualities.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I am going to find her more irksome than Rachel I think.
    no one in the history of our species as been as irksome as rachel
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I forgot about the girl who had been bullied in high school. She cried during her song. I thought she wasn't too bad either.

vCash
    I've just watched all of the auditions so far.

And now I feel really abused. It's just painful. The show is very entertaining but the way they objectify and exploit people is just beyond disgusting.

Whilst half the auditions are showcasing people who are good at singing and performing, the other half go out of their way to make people look like shit.

When it's somebody like Lexa Berman, you can say that's what she deserved. I mean her attitude was just awful. Funnily enough in her case, the judges were actually quite sympathetic and gave her constructive criticism.

But then there were cases of exploiting clearly deranged people for ratings. Which I guess shouldn't surprise me because that's what X-Factor auditions essentially are but it felt particularly bad this time.

I mean if it's somebody like Quatrele, that is fine. He's not a great singer but he was funny and put on an entertaining show.

Kaci Newton and Vincent Thomas were clearly edited to make them look terrible. And I don't think they are. Vincent seemed really nervous and insecure and talking about his past boyband success was a way to boost his mood. And well he actually recorded and performed with a band that achieved (modest) international success which is something very few people can say.

Shan Armenta is obviously very deluded. Here at least Demi tried to be nice but I'd guess even the most constructive criticism wouldn't help as he seems very detached from reality.

Don Phillip is clearly not with it. He seems very emotionally disturbed, the strange rasp to his voice screams substance abuse and if it's true that they forced him to admit he's gay on the show, totally throwing him off balance as he wasn't out, it's just revolting.

Patrick Ford - obviously clearly disturbed. And Britney was a total bitch and looked constipated throughout when she could have just smiled, thanked for the flowers and said that she appreciates everything but it's not really right for him blah blah blah.

There were some very good performances too but all the above left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So a year on and correct me if I am wrong but nobody who took part last year made it in the music industry.

Rachel Crow seemed destined to success, especially with all the DESTROYER OF CHILDREN'S DREAMS business. But both her debut EP and her single "Mean Girls" failed to chart (not surprising given how terrible they were).

Melanie Amaro's single is out on the 18th and given how mediocre the song is, I am betting it's gonna meet the same fate.
    Rachel is still doing acting parts on Nick from time to time. She might be better off in the acting business than in the music business.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    no one in the world is as talented as leopard face thinks she is
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Is there anything about this that is not totally and completely set up? This Kesha wanna be who started singing a horrible rendition of the Ghost song is now suddenly vamping it up and doing well to Aguilera? This woman was cast, you can't convince me otherwise.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Is there anything about this that is not totally and completely set up? This Kesha wanna be who started singing a horrible rendition of the Ghost song is now suddenly vamping it up and doing well to Aguilera? This woman was cast, you can't convince me otherwise.
    the banter betw contestants sounds very very scripted and then badly acted by the planted contestants

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    the banter betw contestants sounds very very scripted and then badly acted by the planted contestants
    Yes, it was just as obvious as the sketch at the beginning of the show between L.A. Reid, Demi and Britney. I'm sure that conversation was totally and completely real. It just makes me question each and every person who walks on stage and I can't get invested in anyone if I don't think they are real. The entire point, for me, is to see a REAL person with REAL talent go on to be a star. I don't care to see a scripted show where a contestant who was hand picked wins....as scripted.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Ugh, just switched over from the voice, and it feels from substance to going to the shallow end of a wading pool. So much arrogance, and b/s. Yargh
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    My first watching as well. The talent pool is probably equal to the Voice, but X-factor has none of the chemistry or humor. No contestants get to the judging stage without some talent. They aren't going for the "isn't this funny...let's humiliate this person." And while Xtina may dress more slutty than Brit, she looks better. Brittany looks rough.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    It's Britney and she did look rough in San Francisco.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Panda was interesting. And the last girl.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I think the judging panel is really brilliant.

Demi is quite eloquent and funny, Britney is being a total bitch.

And I boycott The Voice because it pretends to be an "authentic", "non-gimmick" talent show whilst based on a huge gimmick of spinning chairs (plus battle rounds in a boxing ring...) and pretends it's all about the voice where the music industry is anything but.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    It's Britney and she did look rough in San Francisco.
    Her eyes are completely hollow. It seems doubtful anyone is in there

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    That Panda lady cracked me up. I'm glad she ended up having a decent voice and wasn't there for ridicule. You could tell Simon was still cranky when he came back after missing a round due to being sick. Loved all the snarkiness from him.

vCash
    Out of all the auditions so far, Carly Rose Sonenclar is definitely the outstanding one.

It's just incredible how amazing this girl is.

She just has the whole package.

Vocally, she's absolutely outstanding. But not just in technical terms. You can see she feels and understands the music. All of which is just incredible given her age.

She is very confident but not arrogant. She knows she's good but she's also humble and seems well mannered.

Amazing.

vCash
    Out of all the auditions so far, Carly Rose Sonenclar is definitely the outstanding one.
    Loved her, but my money is on Jennel Garcia winning the whole thing. Great out of the box audition. Ditto Willie Johes.

Can't wait to see how they do.

vCash
    I think the judging panel is really brilliant.

Demi is quite eloquent and funny, Britney is being a total bitch.

And I boycott The Voice because it pretends to be an "authentic", "non-gimmick" talent show whilst based on a huge gimmick of spinning chairs (plus battle rounds in a boxing ring...) and pretends it's all about the voice where the music industry is anything but.
    The X-factor judging panel is brilliant? I thought Simon was good at finding talent on the 1st few years of AI but he's so arrogant & pretentious now that he's unsufferable. The other 3 have nothing useful to say IMO. And they spend so much time on background & judges' interviews before they sing & then they waste time after they sing, that it's boring, esp on contestants who don't even move on to the next round.

I never got the feeling that The Voice was being promoted on the fact that there are no gimmicks & I've never heard anyone connected to the show pretend to be authenic. I love the spinning chairs. I'm not crazy about the battle rounds so I hope they are planning something different this year to whittle the teams down.

Neither show has been that great on finding true commercial talent so far but I find The Voice entertaining & at least the judges are megastars who know what they are talking about. Britney is the only megastar on X-Factor but she is such an airhead that she should sing & never talk.
    Last edited by taf2002; 09-29-2012 at 03:42 PM.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    They showed too much filler and not enough of people singing during Boot Camp that I'm not even sure who is still around anymore.

But this I do know .... hate hate hate HATE that damn beyoth Cece. What the hell is that crap all over her face? Does she really think that looks attractive? Loved how she stood up there and totally lied about the other girl picking the song when Beyotch forced it on her. Man I hope she ends up getting cut after her snotty remark about how she should advance because she didn't forget her words. If she ends up making the live shows, I may have to quit watching.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast