vCash

X factor USA Season 2

Anyone else Watching?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Anyone else Watching?
    they spend a lot of time doing not so much, only one audition so far

i wouldnt have turned my chair for girl #1's voice alone but she was really cute
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    That's probably why Page didn't go to The Voice (though maybe she did and didn't make it past the producers...) She won't get by with just her voice. Maybe they think she might be good in a good group.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Even though I vowed I wouldn't watch again after last season's horrible run, I just love snarky Simon so will tune in again and hope for much better production, and TALENT, this year. Tonight was okay. Loved how they played up the blonde bytch thinking she had so much talent, and you just knew come sing time she would suck big time. heh heh heh, I love it when they do that stuff to people like that. The trio of the 3 boys was catchy and will definitely get the heartthrob vote (and again loved how they played up the "I was in a boy band and toured all over Europe" dude who sucked). What I never get is how the people who are really REALLY bad are the ones who throw the most outrageous tantrums. De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt and I can't believe how people act knowing that this is gonna like .. be on television in front of millions of viewers! First, I don't see how their friends and family don't just flat out tell them "you can't sing don't embarrass yourself!", but then to act the way they do .... I'll never understand wanting to be on TV so bad you would want to humiliate yourself like that forever (YouTube never dies).

vCash
    I heard Demi Lavato "sang" live on the Today show. Ugh. She and Britney Spears are going to be judging other singers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I heard Demi Lavato "sang" live on the Today show. Ugh. She and Britney Spears are going to be judging other singers?
    I've never understood this type of criticism. I'm not a fan of either of these girls, but why shouldn't they judge? It's not a competition to find the best singer. It's a competition to find a star performer. The two don't go necessarily go hand in hand. I can look back on any decade and point out many popular performers that have questionable singing skills. I can also find many talented singers that have had marginal success because they weren't necessarily great performers.

For the record, I ended up sticking with The Voice. I flipped back and forth for a while, but I was drawn more to The Voice. Not sure if there's a real difference between the shows, but for me there is. What, I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    For the record, I ended up sticking with The Voice. I flipped back and forth for a while, but I was drawn more to The Voice. Not sure if there's a real difference between the shows, but for me there is. What, I don't know.
    Well, I don't think they're on the same nights starting next week, but I'm planning on watching The Voice live and DVRing X Factor for fast forward viewing over the weekend. I don't want to sit through the bad auditions.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I watched my DVR copy & I'm confused. I saw young skinny guy sing 1st & Simon told him he was terrible & he got 4 noes. Then crying girl came on & they took 30 mins with her backstory (which I thought was made up - she wasn't fat, she wasn't ugly, she apparently has lots of friends, what was there to bully her about?), then she sang (just ok), then she cried some more, then they gushed over her & gave her 4 yeses. Then they showed people who had gotten through but didn't actually let us hear their voices. Then the 2 hours were up. That was the worst audition show I've ever seen. This was my 1st time of watching. It will probably be my last.

vCash
    I only saw a little part of the show, but I feel like Emblem 3 are trying to pitch themselves as the Avril Lavigne to One Direction's Britney Spears circa 2002. So silly. Candygirl man and Britney's old duet partner were also painful to watch.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    that chubby illegitimate son of liza minnelli and liberace made my night
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I watched my tape. I liked Page and the Ooh la la girl.

Candygirl man started out weird and went totally perv the minute he started describing his song. I understand why Britney would feel uncomfortable with him looking at her nevermind his singing.

I wonder what happened to the guy who used to record with her. If he ever had a good voice, he ruined it somehow.

The mini-bieber was forcing his voice way too much. And I hate age inappropriate songs. He's 13, he looks like he's 9, don't sing about love and sex.

I thought it was quite amazing that the bullied girl could sing at all while so emotional. She's not the winner type though.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    So far the 13yr. old jazz girl is the best. This show is worse than Idol. The conversation between the selected contestants and their family/friends backstage looks very scripted to the point that it looks so fake. The talent pool is not very deep. Wouldn't it be weird if the over 30's group (if it exists this season) or older contestants were mentored by Demi Lovato?

It also seems that the focus is on the younger demographics. I don't see too many older contestants going through so far. Either that or not many older contestants are trying out after seeing last season.
    Last edited by moebius; 09-15-2012 at 05:37 AM.

vCash
    That young girl was amazing ... hope they find a lot more talent this week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    That young girl was amazing ... hope they find a lot more talent this week
    She has talent but I thought there was a lot wrong with her audition. For one thing, you don't belt out a Nina Simone song - it's ridiculous. There was absolutely no soul in her rendition. And she sounded really untrained to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    She has talent but I thought there was a lot wrong with her audition. For one thing, you don't belt out a Nina Simone song - it's ridiculous. There was absolutely no soul in her rendition. And she sounded really untrained to me.
    Carly is decidedly not untrained. More like a plant. She's a New York theater kid.
    http://carlysonenclar.com/

To me it seems like they are probably only showing the good contestants that will be highlighted in Bootcamp or maybe even the ones that made it out of Bootcamp.

They are showing too many bad ones making it seem like the talent pool was dead this season. I personally watched/listened to a lot of the video/audio and there was a lot of talent and potential stars. Thank god only 2 more weeks of auditions and then this show got better last season and depending on how much of a reality tv aspect they show, it should get better this season. There was a lot of talent at Bootcamp.

vCash
    I think I was impressed with Carly because no one else they've shown has been very good. Some not bad, she just stood out as the best so far. I don't think that's saying a lot though. That's why I added "I hope they find a lot more talent this week" So far there isn't much that's impressive.

Anyone know how long the auditions last before they hit boot camp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    I think I was impressed with Carly because no one else they've shown has been very good. Some not bad, she just stood out as the best so far. I don't think that's saying a lot though. That's why I added "I hope they find a lot more talent this week" So far there isn't much that's impressive.

Anyone know how long the auditions last before they hit boot camp?
    http://www.thexfactorusa.com/about

Auditions: Septemeber 12-27

Bootcamp: October 3-10

Judges house: October 11-17

Live shows: November 1st-December 13th

Final/finale: December 19-20th

vCash
    So a year on and correct me if I am wrong but nobody who took part last year made it in the music industry.

Rachel Crow seemed destined to success, especially with all the DESTROYER OF CHILDREN'S DREAMS business. But both her debut EP and her single "Mean Girls" failed to chart (not surprising given how terrible they were).

Melanie Amaro's single is out on the 18th and given how mediocre the song is, I am betting it's gonna meet the same fate.

vCash
    Thanks tarotx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Thank you for this. I agree- it did nothing for me. My roommate was freaking out and I was just like I never like when people pick that song, its not a bad song its just overdone and never comes across as genuine. Of course she is good for 13, but I am not looking forward to seeing more of her, I am going to find her more irksome than Rachel I think.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast